Problem report Chessbase with SF

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rapakei
Full name: Raph Eijkenboom

Problem report Chessbase with SF

Post by Rapakei »

Hello chessfriends,

I'm having trouble with Stockfish on Chessbase. I run Stockfish BMI2 on Chessbase 15.

I always get a message from: ''Stockfish 10 BMI2 caused an exception. This is a problem in the engine"

I tried the following: Move Stockfish 10 BMI2 to '' inactive '' and added a new engine but the problem is not solved. I searched the internet but couldn't find how to solve this. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Regards Rapakei
pferd

Re: Problem report Chessbase with SF

Post by pferd »

You could try the latest version of Stockfish abrok.eu/stockfish

If I rember correctly, Stockfish 10 has a bug which can lead to occasional crashes, but it should be fixed in the version above.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Does your CPU support BMI2 instructions ? Try the "modern" exe which has lower requirements, or indeed the standard one.
Rapakei

Post by Rapakei »

Modern Times wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:52 pm Does your CPU support BMI2 instructions ? Try the "modern" exe which has lower requirements, or indeed the standard one.

I tried with Stockfish 10 (64). Yesterday there was no problem but today again that message.

I also noticed that the startup of Chessbase and the engine startup are all slower than before. I have looked at the source view, there is still enough CPU but the frequency is immediately full.

Maybe an option to reinstall Chessbase or take older version Chessbase?
Rapakei

Post by Rapakei »

pferd wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:56 pm You could try the latest version of Stockfish abrok.eu/stockfish

If I rember correctly, Stockfish 10 has a bug which can lead to occasional crashes, but it should be fixed in the version above.

Is the latest version of Stockfish reliable and the same programmer M.Costalba?