Fritz 17

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ovyron

Re: Fritz 17

Post by Ovyron »

I think that's the absolute worst comment I've seen from Graham Banks and I'm highly disappointed. Either say something and go all the way or remain shut, Graham's comment is just muddying the waters.
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

dannyb wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:57 pm
Graham Banks wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:15 am
Ovyron wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:41 amFritz 17 would be Rybka 7. Or Rybka 4.4, for that matter.
Wrong, but I won't say more.
since it seems confirmed in that page the Rjalich is the programmer I wonder what Graham's comment means. Maybe it's not Rybka but a new engine?
Fat Rybka!
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Graham Banks wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:56 am
Paloma wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:32 amWhy ??
Because it's not my place to.
It's not my place either, but Graham is correct. It's all I will say, except "stay tuned".
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Are you going to make us guess what is it? I thought we lived in the age of information where people were willing to share. But there's still apparently people with privileged knowledge that only use it to tell others "you're wrong. I won't tell you why, but you're wrong" :roll:
Your beliefs create your reality, so be careful what you wish for.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Nordlandia wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:27 pm
dannyb wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:57 pm
Graham Banks wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:15 am
Ovyron wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:41 amFritz 17 would be Rybka 7. Or Rybka 4.4, for that matter.
Wrong, but I won't say more.
since it seems confirmed in that page the Rjalich is the programmer I wonder what Graham's comment means. Maybe it's not Rybka but a new engine?
Fat Rybka!
It may be that the time has come for the CB people to move on from Rybka, and settle on a stronger engine to become the new Fritz - could it be a private engine such as Ginkgo, I do wonder?! :roll:

--
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Ovyron wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:05 am Are you going to make us guess what is it? I thought we lived in the age of information where people were willing to share. But there's still apparently people with privileged knowledge that only use it to tell others "you're wrong. I won't tell you why, but you're wrong" :roll:
You ever heard of an NDA? or about how about "loose lips sink ships" , if one tells everyone privileged information - it is no longer privileged and it's likely that would it be the last time one is told privileged information - did you ever work for a big company ?
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

I was actually a Rybka beta tester, and I never kept private the privileged information that I had.

So maybe that's why I was never invited to beta test Fritz 15 :P - but my point is, I've never gone and said "haha! that's wrong! I have privileged information that you don't and all I can tell is that you're wrong!", which is how you and Graham seems to be treating us, the unwashed, knuckle dragging class.

Just, keep all the private info that you have to yourself, telling people they're wrong without explaining why isn't nice at all.
Your beliefs create your reality, so be careful what you wish for.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

MikeB wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:35 am
You ever heard of an NDA? or about how about "loose lips sink ships" , if one tells everyone privileged information - it is no longer privileged and it's likely that would it be the last time one is told privileged information - did you ever work for a big company ?
Well, by saying it isn't an updated Rybka, it can be argued that you and Graham have already demonstrated loose lips and broken that NDA. Total silence would have been preferable.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Modern Times wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:38 am
MikeB wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:35 am
Well, by saying it isn't an updated Rybka, it can be argued that you and Graham have already demonstrated loose lips and broken that NDA. Total silence would have been preferable.
Exactly.
Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Post by Paloma »

I agree with you.