Fritz 17

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MikeB

Re: Fritz 17

Post by MikeB »

Modern Times wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:38 am
MikeB wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:35 am
You ever heard of an NDA? or about how about "loose lips sink ships" , if one tells everyone privileged information - it is no longer privileged and it's likely that would it be the last time one is told privileged information - did you ever work for a big company ?
Well, by saying it isn't an updated Rybka, it can be argued that you and Graham have already demonstrated loose lips and broken that NDA. Total silence would have been preferable.
Well I have no NDA and I'm sure Graham doesn't either - so nothing was broken here. It is out of professional courtesy that I remain mum - although this is just a hobby for me. Companies leak stuff all the time ...on purpose , what I do with it is my right - not yours, sorry.
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Post by dkappe »

MikeB wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:27 am
You ever heard of an NDA? or about how about "loose lips sink ships" , if one tells everyone privileged information - it is no longer privileged and it's likely that would it be the last time one is told privileged information - did you ever work for a big company ?
Well, by saying it isn't an updated Rybka, it can be argued that you and Graham have already demonstrated loose lips and broken that NDA. Total silence would have been preferable.
Well I have no NDA and I'm sure Graham doesn't either - so nothing was broken here. It is out of professional courtesy that I remain mum - although this is just a hobby for me. Companies leak stuff all the time ...on purpose , what I do with it is my right - not yours, sorry.
How dare you interrupt our baseless and misinformed speculation? That’s just rude.
Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

dkappe wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:01 pm
How dare you interrupt our baseless and misinformed speculation? That’s just rude.
wtf - well that's fantastic ...
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

MikeB wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:57 am
He was being funny, Mike. :P
gbanksnz at gmail.com
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Graham Banks wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:10 am
MikeB wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:57 am
He was being funny, Mike. :P
haha = so was I ...
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Nope. What MikeB and Graham are doing is showing pure disrespect for the community. Nothing more, nothing less.
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Post by dkappe »

Ovyron wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:06 am Nope. What MikeB and Graham are doing is showing pure disrespect for the community. Nothing more, nothing less.
Is it really pure? I think their disrespect was adulterated with information. I now know, for example, that it’s not a continuation of Rybka, just not what is coming in it’s place. If their disrespect had been pure, they wouldn’t have said anything.

So, I’ll take a bit from the “something less” column. Is your commentary performance art from the “something more” column?
Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

dkappe wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:03 pm I now know, for example, that it’s not a continuation of Rybka
You might know things that aren't true. Knowledge does not imply truthfulness.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

dkappe wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:03 pm
Ovyron wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:06 am Nope. What MikeB and Graham are doing is showing pure disrespect for the community. Nothing more, nothing less.
Is it really pure? I think their disrespect was adulterated with information. I now know, for example, that it’s not a continuation of Rybka, just not what is coming in it’s place. If their disrespect had been pure, they wouldn’t have said anything.

So, I’ll take a bit from the “something less” column. Is your commentary performance art from the “something more” column?
You guys are funny ...
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

Looks like Fat Rybka :(