ChessBase 15 replay training

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Look
Full name: Mehdi Amini

ChessBase 15 replay training

Post by Look »

Hi,

No engine thinks for me when I use CB replay training. It shows the "?ev?" chars. I watched a vdeo about it, it was no use for me. What to do ?
Farewell.
Look

Re: ChessBase 15 replay training

Post by Look »

As someone on the CB site has commented, I suppose engine configuration is needed for replay training. For instance I want to use Stockfish 10, 1sec per move, and other UCI configurations. Maybe another point is to let engine run on the background and respond when you make a move.

BUMP.
Farewell.
Look

Post by Look »

As a work around I can use save feature of replay training. Shows me game with my suggested moves as a line. I have two points now:
  • With the save capability user can get additional stuff. For instance time taken by user to suggest each move.
  • User can set a time control for replay training. For instance 30min+5sec for the whole moves. The remaining time could be shown somewhere.
Farewell.
Look

Post by Look »

As another feature user can select a player from a data-base. The uses replay training for all/some of his games. The last replayed game can be remembered by GUI.
Farewell.
Look

Post by Look »

"Replay training" could also categorize user mistakes and supply solutions to fix them.
Farewell.
belkov

Post by belkov »

Look wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:34 pm Hi,

No engine thinks for me when I use CB replay training. It shows the "?ev?" chars. I watched a vdeo about it, it was no use for me. What to do ?
For what it is worth, after all this time. I had the same problem and figured out what was wrong:

Enable the following options under File - Settings - Engines:
- Heumas
- Assisted Analysis
- Threats and Generate Threats

It should now work again :-)