Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

satyendrainbhopal
Full name: Shad Yantra

Re: Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Post by satyendrainbhopal »

Chaturanga is how four sided play But western chess enthusiasts wrote their own stories and made their own rules. This is like french expert is trying to teach samskrit to samskrit expert.

There were so many possibilities which western people are not aware of especially Chakrawyuuh version in chess.... mind ....

As I told earlier, my focus is on two ppl game.. Dharma and Adharma...
•••••••••
Respect Dharma, Construct Karma
stevenaaus

Post by stevenaaus »

"May I need someone to do PHD in it."
You'e a freaking looney wasting everyone's time.
Merry christmas. :)
satyendrainbhopal

stevenaaus wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:55 am "May I need someone to do PHD in it."
You'e a freaking looney wasting everyone's time.
Merry christmas. :)
That was sarcasm...

You just came here and gone by canot help anyone and saying wasting time.. People from West and Arab peninsula wasted and destroyed true spirit of chess and made it a non sense game...
•••••••••
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

I can only imagine how trying to play this Real Ancient Chess from Bharat would be like. I picture satyendrainbhopal and me sitting at a big table, the pieces sitting ominous in the 100 square grid. satyendrainbhopal makes the first move and captures one of my pieces with one of their own from its original square, then goes on to explain at length how this piece of his is some kind of spy, and that there's no way to recapture it because my pieces don't know it's a spy, they think it's still the original piece...

After unsuccessfully trying to play a legal move for many reasons, I finally find one that works. Then satyendrainbhopal tells me the whole story about one of his pieces, about where it was born and its motivations and how there's 2 other pieces that are their best friends and would give their life for it. They proceed to move those three pieces in succession and announce that they have checkmated me and won the game.

I'm very intrigued as there doesn't seem to be any sense or reason to all this, but I want to see what happens if I try something like that from this side. Except satyendrainbhopal explains to me that Real Ancient Chess is a game that once started, never ends. Players accumulate wins against others and the game has memory, and when you face a new player, they have to take into account the history of previous games for their pieces.

I'm now white, but satyendrainbhopal brings a new piece to the board, to replace the one he captured from me on the first game, and explains how deceased pieces have to be exchanged for new ones so I can't no longer use the piece he had captured on the first game. How convenient for them as it was the spy so I can't use it to make the same capture that he did against me on the first game.

So instead I try moving the same piece that had the two friends when satyendrainbhopal was white to the same square that he did, this is surely legal, right? But satyendrainbhopal removes it from the board and announces that he had set up a secret trap on that square on our first game, so in my first move I played the piece into the trap killing the piece.

Immediately satyendrainbhopal proceeds to move some piece to the very center of the board and announces checkmate. He says that his piece is a wizard that has transformed all 10 pieces from my first row into black pieces so he controls them, I'm in check and don't have a legal move so he has won the second game.

Okay, whatever, at least now I know about the wizard piece so I'm ready for a third game. To my surprise, the new set up for the game is a little different, this time I only have 10 pieces, my original back row, while satyendrainbhopal has 30 pieces, explaining that all the pieces that switched sides on the second game still belong to them.

Being white, satyendrainbhopal quickly moves one of those pieces and captures my king, explaining that without a piece protecting it this was legal and that the score is now 3-0 in their favor. satyendrainbhopal also gives me the advice me to stop playing and look for another opponent and try to rebuild my army, and to not come back until I have amassed at least a 30 pieces army that can compete with theirs, because otherwise my chances of winning ever would be slim.

And it's at this time that I wonder, is this a game worth learning to play?

It's this kind of game, isn't it? :)
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

I received two private messages about my last post, this last part I found interesting...
satyendrainbhopal wrote:Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:25 amAnyways!!!! Do you have any idea that your sarcasm led you to atleast 50% of reality....
So I fabricated a fictional game out of thin air and got half of Real Ancient Chess right? 8-)
satyendrainbhopal

Ovyron wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:58 am I can only imagine how trying to play this Real Ancient Chess from Bharat would be like. I picture satyendrainbhopal and me sitting at a big table, the pieces sitting ominous in the 100 square grid. satyendrainbhopal makes the first move and captures one of my pieces with one of their own from its original square, then goes on to explain at length how this piece of his is some kind of spy, and that there's no way to recapture it because my pieces don't know it's a spy, they think it's still the original piece...

After unsuccessfully trying to play a legal move for many reasons, I finally find one that works. Then satyendrainbhopal tells me the whole story about one of his pieces, about where it was born and its motivations and how there's 2 other pieces that are their best friends and would give their life for it. They proceed to move those three pieces in succession and announce that they have checkmated me and won the game.

I'm very intrigued as there doesn't seem to be any sense or reason to all this, but I want to see what happens if I try something like that from this side. Except satyendrainbhopal explains to me that Real Ancient Chess is a game that once started, never ends. Players accumulate wins against others and the game has memory, and when you face a new player, they have to take into account the history of previous games for their pieces.

I'm now white, but satyendrainbhopal brings a new piece to the board, to replace the one he captured from me on the first game, and explains how deceased pieces have to be exchanged for new ones so I can't no longer use the piece he had captured on the first game. How convenient for them as it was the spy so I can't use it to make the same capture that he did against me on the first game.

So instead I try moving the same piece that had the two friends when satyendrainbhopal was white to the same square that he did, this is surely legal, right? But satyendrainbhopal removes it from the board and announces that he had set up a secret trap on that square on our first game, so in my first move I played the piece into the trap killing the piece.

Immediately satyendrainbhopal proceeds to move some piece to the very center of the board and announces checkmate. He says that his piece is a wizard that has transformed all 10 pieces from my first row into black pieces so he controls them, I'm in check and don't have a legal move so he has won the second game.

Okay, whatever, at least now I know about the wizard piece so I'm ready for a third game. To my surprise, the new set up for the game is a little different, this time I only have 10 pieces, my original back row, while satyendrainbhopal has 30 pieces, explaining that all the pieces that switched sides on the second game still belong to them.

Being white, satyendrainbhopal quickly moves one of those pieces and captures my king, explaining that without a piece protecting it this was legal and that the score is now 3-0 in their favor. satyendrainbhopal also gives me the advice me to stop playing and look for another opponent and try to rebuild my army, and to not come back until I have amassed at least a 30 pieces army that can compete with theirs, because otherwise my chances of winning ever would be slim.

And it's at this time that I wonder, is this a game worth learning to play?

It's this kind of game, isn't it? :)
It does not matter how you perceive it...

This game would be for entrepeeneurs, managers, teens and for all Bhartiya people who should glorify and learn their own game.

I have to jump in after every comment that is made against this thread, naking it bulkier. If I am able to document all the steps and screenshots then I will share only with someone who can develop a software or promote it, otherwise this will remain a secret with English speaking world.
•••••••••
satyendrainbhopal

Ovyron wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:30 am I received two private messages about my last post, this last part I found interesting...
satyendrainbhopal wrote:Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:25 amAnyways!!!! Do you have any idea that your sarcasm led you to atleast 50% of reality....
So I fabricated a fictional game out of thin air and got half of Real Ancient Chess right? 8-)
Yes. But this is all about power game... this is not based on individual.. king is fighting dies not mean king is alone. He has his own set of guards strenth of thousands.
•••••••••
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Yeah, yeah, so I guess we poor souls don't deserve to see the rules, may illustrious people get to see them and enjoy it.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

My answers are relevant for all people, not just you, that's why I'm answering them in the open, not by private message.
satyendrainbhopal wrote:Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:46 am For example#

Can you logically explain how a normal Pawn become queen.. So king rewards a Pawn to become GAY Queen or asks pawn to change gender to become a female or all pawn are female.

Is that you are teaching to your kids?
Your premise is based on ignorance. In chess pawns are the piece they'll promote to in disguise. Most pawns start the game as Queens disguised as pawns, and they take off the costume when promoting, but others start the game as disguised Knights, Bishops or Rooks. They never change gender and this has nothing to do with their orientation, it's just that when the game starts nobody knows what those disguises are covering.
satyendrainbhopal

Ovyron wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:08 am My answers are relevant for all people, not just you, that's why I'm answering them in the open, not by private message.
satyendrainbhopal wrote:Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:46 am For example#

Can you logically explain how a normal Pawn become queen.. So king rewards a Pawn to become GAY Queen or asks pawn to change gender to become a female or all pawn are female.

Is that you are teaching to your kids?
Your premise is based on ignorance. In chess pawns are the piece they'll promote to in disguise. Most pawns start the game as Queens disguised as pawns, and they take off the costume when promoting, but others start the game as disguised Knights, Bishops or Rooks. They never change gender and this has nothing to do with their orientation, it's just that when the game starts nobody knows what those disguises are covering.
Just a non sense reply. With no facts, no relation to real life and war. Fantasized comments does not make sense just to fit your bogus and fictitous unrealistic theory..

Read between your lines. It was very funny joke.
•••••••••