Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

satyendrainbhopal
Full name: Shad Yantra

Re: Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Post by satyendrainbhopal »

Ovyron wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:22 am Hmm, after briefly checking the document I suspect this is my last prediction fulfilled:
Ovyron wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:00 am D) The rules are undecipherable and we end up with some game that can't be implemented or played.
Otherwise I'd need someone to translate the document into a game.
You are truely non sense and disturbing and i think you dont beleive in logival thibking. You did not even ask 20 questions to drill down my notes.

I have only documented rules and added screenshot in this incomplete pdf. I thought of putting a document with some steps as to how to play. Since it has been adapted to 64 version so not required.

This game is purely confined to rules of the life and dharma. Since you do not know dharma , sociology, you dont know how to play the game.

Thank you for wasting your time and letting me know that people like you are there who made this game as unpredictable.. I could desigb a small sample in pascal or delphi but do not have time.

My dear, my friends are playing it very easily... its rules are simple, very simple respect your dharma on the contrary respect your objective as well...

Keep shaking your hands in case of draw even when the game is of board game.
•••••••••
Respect Dharma, Construct Karma
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 am You did not even ask 20 questions to drill down my notes.
It was when you said "If I am able to document all the steps and screenshots then I will share only with someone who can develop a software or promote it, otherwise this will remain a secret with English speaking world", meaning you weren't going to share the game at all, and all I was going to get were those answers to my questions. After you said you were going to release the game, my questions were no longer necessary.
satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 amMy dear, my friends are playing it very easily... its rules are simple, very simple respect your dharma on the contrary respect your objective as well...
Yet you can't post a single example game? Strange...

This is how a chess game looks like:

1. e4 e5 2. Nc3 Bc5 3. Na4 Bxf2+ 4. Kxf2 Qh4+ 5. Ke3 Qf4+ 6. Kd3 d5 7. Kc3 b6+ 15. Kb5 Nxc6 16. Kxc6 Bb7+ 17. Kb5 Ba6+ 18. Kc6 Bb7+ 1/2-1/2

Anybody that understands PGN notation can replay it, even in their head. If your game can't be replayed in a similar manner it's just a fairy tale.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:31 pm The pdf file which I have generated was edited last week. I did not get time to prepare the doc. Since I do not have internet connection in our area (outskirts of the city), I have to be dependent on my mobile.

A file has been shared using Samsung Cloud based Link Sharing.
https://s.amsu.ng/w3tir02KbASN
(Expires: Dec 29, 2019)
I have not completely read and understand it but I think it is good. The story behind the game here is very interesting. I hope you continue writing and finish it.

Just in case you need a board, pieces and movements for illustrations, this one can be of help.
https://musketeerchess.net/tools/boardpainter/

There are a lot of images to choose from. Example standard layout.

I might be able to create an engine for it once I understand all the rules.
satyendrainbhopal

Ferdy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:27 am
satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:31 pm The pdf file which I have generated was edited last week. I did not get time to prepare the doc. Since I do not have internet connection in our area (outskirts of the city), I have to be dependent on my mobile.

A file has been shared using Samsung Cloud based Link Sharing.
https://s.amsu.ng/w3tir02KbASN
(Expires: Dec 29, 2019)
I have not completely read and understand it but I think it is good. The story behind the game here is very interesting. I hope you continue writing and finish it.

Just in case you need a board, pieces and movements for illustrations, this one can be of help.
https://musketeerchess.net/tools/boardpainter/

There are a lot of images to choose from. Example standard layout.

I might be able to create an engine for it once I understand all the rules.
Your illustration is wonderfull but top and bottom rows, left and right columns have different colors.

This is not story but hiw a lofe goes. this is simple. In the nutshell try to understand like this.

A king is at war and kept his deputy and rajrishi (hwad of priest) at secret castle so that even he loses the war, he or she is made king or queen. If king feesl that he is in threat and need to reattack the war then he goes in stealth in castle after discussion with rajrishi. This is called castling.

In the meanwhile, rajrishi and deputy takes charge of the war game. But deputy is protected heavily because he/she is not expert enough in war and immaturr fighter(in board he cannot strike).

War goes on and on. Lets say opponent knight is attacked and then he asks for cease fire and as per dharma (duty), he is allowed and he sits in peace zone called disarmament. Herr kinght cannot move within ceasefire as he is waiting for the right time to come to war gain arms and strike. That is why when you come immediately out of war zone no one cane kill as they have no arms. When in war zone equipped with arms then only they can strike.

King us trying to enter opponents castle where opponent king is not present. He claims the throne and wins.

King can also kill king at war.
•••••••••
satyendrainbhopal

Ovyron wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:16 am
satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 am You did not even ask 20 questions to drill down my notes.
It was when you said "If I am able to document all the steps and screenshots then I will share only with someone who can develop a software or promote it, otherwise this will remain a secret with English speaking world", meaning you weren't going to share the game at all, and all I was going to get were those answers to my questions. After you said you were going to release the game, my questions were no longer necessary.
satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 amMy dear, my friends are playing it very easily... its rules are simple, very simple respect your dharma on the contrary respect your objective as well...
Yet you can't post a single example game? Strange...

This is how a chess game looks like:

1. e4 e5 2. Nc3 Bc5 3. Na4 Bxf2+ 4. Kxf2 Qh4+ 5. Ke3 Qf4+ 6. Kd3 d5 7. Kc3 b6+ 15. Kb5 Nxc6 16. Kxc6 Bb7+ 17. Kb5 Ba6+ 18. Kc6 Bb7+ 1/2-1/2

Anybody that understands PGN notation can replay it, even in their head. If your game can't be replayed in a similar manner it's just a fairy tale.
You are correct it is a fairy tale and yours is reality...hahaha pawns changing the gender and promoted as queen. Whole chemical formula itself is incorrect..
•••••••••
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

satyendrainbhopal wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:39 amYou are correct it is a fairy tale and yours is reality...hahaha pawns changing the gender and promoted as queen. Whole chemical formula itself is incorrect..
If you could show a single example game from start to finish Ferdy could probably implement the game in a UCI engine and all GUIs that support chess variants would be able to play it, and people would be able to play each other in an interface.

But what you has given us isn't enough. We (and this is my first time representing Talkchess forum in anything) currently don't understand the rules of the game, and are unable to play or implement it in any way. But people are eager. We just need to see how things work, hopefully it's just a complexity level so high that how to play is hard to comprehend, but feasible. And just one person needs to be able to understand it, and provide us with a translation from concept to game.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

As I understand without regards to board colors these are the zones on the board.

If that is correct I would suggest to include such image in your article preferably near the beginning so that it is easier to follow the story and rules.
satyendrainbhopal

Ferdy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:49 am As I understand without regards to board colors these are the zones on the board.

If that is correct I would suggest to include such image in your article preferably near the beginning so that it is easier to follow the story and rules.
You have correctly picturized..

Castle / peace zone and war zones are mentioned in the doc in multiple places.
•••••••••
satyendrainbhopal

The only problem is that my pc is useless without internet connection.

If you can play manually 2 to 3 times only you will become expert in this game. There is no hidden rules. Keep Dharma and war in mind and thats all..
•••••••••
satyendrainbhopal

Castle starts from 0 and ends at infinite.
Similarly, cease fire starts from 0 and ends at infinite..
It is my personal opinion that:
1 to 10 does not make sense.
A to j also does not make sense.
•••••••••