Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ovyron

Re: Real Ancient Chess from Bharat

Post by Ovyron »

Ferdy wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:41 am I like the story in this game, got my attention when I see that head priest and finance head on the board. All right we don't have a king but we do have archbishops and Minister of Finance. What really shall we say high governing officials doing in this game? How they moves on the board, how they control the board?

The purpose of castling is like temporary take over - the king goes to palace (own castling zone) and the Finance minister/Finance Adviser/Adviser/king deputy/ArthShashtri goes to war zone. But of course are you going to send your finance head into the battle in our time now? Here it is even leading the troops (I have not completely read the article and I am not in a hurry either). In FIDE chess, the king goes to the sides of the board, but in here it goes back 1 rank behind. I think that this version of castling is more reasonable than that of FIDE and some other variants that I have known.

The game/story described in this article can generate a lot if interesting variants. There is spy, it is interesting to see how this personality operates, who controls who in this game? We have some good and bad rebels on our country, I was also surprised that this board has a peace zone, and nowadays the government would call for a cease fire to enjoy the holidays with their loved one, so that the government soldiers handling the front line can go to their family and the rebels can do the same. It is interesting to see how the peace zone in this game is used? How the pieces from both sides interacts with this peace zone?
Yes, all very interesting, I can't wait to play my first game :)
satyendrainbhopal
Full name: Shad Yantra

Post by satyendrainbhopal »

Peace zone is not for soldiers they are fuel for running vehicles. Only military officials can declare cease fire..

Also arthshastri is deputy of the king. He can arrange for funds and can even see how army is using these funds and how much arms arr required...
•••••••••
Respect Dharma, Construct Karma
satyendrainbhopal

I forgot to add the document that I edited last sunday. I tried to correct the typo and grammatical error and modified the conflicting statements. Some sections may have been copied to other and if anyone find any doubts or help me to correct those areas I will try to edit the doc again.

For now doc edited last sunday has been uploaded to Samsung's Cloud location at:

फाइल Link Sharing का उपयोग करके साझा की गई है।
https://s.amsu.ng/cBXKkUkSGj0N

Or

फाइल Link Sharing का उपयोग करके साझा की गई है।
https://s.amsu.ng/iZKqxn1271lN
(समाप्ति समय: 03/01/2020)
•••••••••
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

It'd be great if you could provide an example game where you play both sides.
satyendrainbhopal

Sure I will try but time is constraint. Trying hard to get broadband connection in my home.

Rules are not difficult.. infact, we can play in skype.. start of the game can be by our standard approach...

I observed that the last pdf that I uploaded still has some typing and redundant statements pasted in other segments....

In the meantime, you can get the board printed which i shared initially of same colour...

if we can get time we can play this game... this game will squeeze all your logics and strategies where you have to plan and protect and attack.. so many things can happen and you have to take care of all of them...
•••••••••
satyendrainbhopal

Ovyron wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:32 am It'd be great if you could provide an example game where you play both sides.
Please go through the document and let me know any correction to be made or anywhere if I have made ambigous statement..
•••••••••
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

satyendrainbhopal wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:38 am if we can get time we can play this game...
Hmmm, what about playing a correspondence Real Ancient Chess game here on the forum? I could create a new thread like this one and provide the graphics for the game boards, all you'd need to do is provide chess moves and clarify the rules as we go along.

Last bumped by satyendrainbhopal on Fri May 27, 2022 7:54 pm.