Chess Cloud Database Query Interface

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

EroSennin

Re: Chess Cloud Database Query Interface

Post by EroSennin »

I find the database mostly useless. So many lines from human games are missing. And often at the top is some weird move that's nothing special or plain wrong.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

But you can insert the missing lines, and feed it the lines that you have it best so it becomes more correct, and perhaps it'll show at the top some move you haven't considered in analysis.
EroSennin

Post by EroSennin »

Ovyron wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:32 am But you can insert the missing lines, and feed it the lines that you have it best so it becomes more correct, and perhaps it'll show at the top some move you haven't considered in analysis.
There are just too many lines missing. I get more benefit by using online chessbase. I see the percentages humans have actually scored in games with engine evals, though blitz and rapid games nowadays are slightly distorting the results.
Master Om

Post by Master Om »

EroSennin wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:20 am I find the database mostly useless. So many lines from human games are missing. And often at the top is some weird move that's nothing special or plain wrong.
yes many lines are missing.
Always Expect the Unexpected