Arena 3.9 beta for Linux

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

crem

Re: Arena 3.9 beta for Linux

Post by crem »

Canoike wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:55 pm
gerhard wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:44 am
gerhard wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:56 am ...
Of course i send a mail to Martin Blume about this issue,
but get no reply.

Best Gerhard
sorry I was wrong, Martin answered - but his mail was stored in a spam-folder, I recognize it today the first time.
He is on a hard way to solve this silly issue with Arena Gui 4 Linux and Debian 10.
He is a real nice man.

Thank you Martin !
He gives his email address in a cryptic way. I tried several addresses without success. blume@arena.de, martin.blume@arena.de etc. Each time I get a "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender". Can you give the correct address because I want to report a bug.
Thanks.
Blume is an inherited name, and Martin.Blume is a full name (given+inherited). He needs a given name as email username.
Also domain name of the website is not arena.de, it's playwitharena.de.
ydebilloez
Full name: Yves De Billoëz

Post by ydebilloez »

Another bug found: In the tournament report, the Os reported is not correct. It should reflect the 'uname -r' value. It seems to take an old cached value and not the correct value.
Yves De Billoëz @ macchess belofte chess
Once owner of a Mephisto I, II, challenger, ... chess computer.
royb

Post by royb »

I find the piece set used in Arena 3.10 beta (and 3.9 beta for that matter - they seem the same) to be rather low quality with lots of rough edges (visually) on the pieces.

Is there a way to get Arena to use other piece sets? Merida 1 as used in SCID looks great - but I it does not seem to be compatible with Arena for Linux.
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

Canoike wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:55 pm
gerhard wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:44 am
gerhard wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:56 am ...
Of course i send a mail to Martin Blume about this issue,
but get no reply.

Best Gerhard
sorry I was wrong, Martin answered - but his mail was stored in a spam-folder, I recognize it today the first time.
He is on a hard way to solve this silly issue with Arena Gui 4 Linux and Debian 10.
He is a real nice man.

Thank you Martin !
He gives his email address in a cryptic way. I tried several addresses without success. blume@arena.de, martin.blume@arena.de etc. Each time I get a "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender". Can you give the correct address because I want to report a bug.
Thanks.
- .... martin ad playwitharena dot com
http://faceblitz.feste-ip.net:56132 (server sometimes sleeps - try later )
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Nobody gives a shit about buggy Arena GUI, and author himself is lazy enough not to come here and make a post....
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

><((((*>
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Damir wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:27 pm Nobody gives a shit about buggy Arena GUI, and author himself is lazy enough not to come here and make a post....
True. You are Nobody.
ChickenLogic
Full name: kek w

Post by ChickenLogic »

Damir, the author clearly stated that he has no intent of developing it any further. While Arena is far from perfect it was, and still is, a great tool, especially for beginners. Why the disrespect?
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

No intent of developing it any further…. at least he could have fixed the bugs already in the existing versions which he has not. If somebody has shown any disrespect, it is him to all other Arena users. As somebody here already mentioned people have tried and write to him reporting the bugs on his mail, they did not get any answer from him. It is Typical German mentality, whether free or commercial. I guess I should not be surprised... :roll: :roll:
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL