3 engine Stockfish

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

karger
Full name: John Karger

3 engine Stockfish

Post by karger »

Found this on another chess website ... " Hello chess friends, I have personally compiled Stockfish 11 source code by adding Stockfish 7 and Stockfish 10 in MS Visual Studio..
The new Engine name called Stockfish 09-02-2020, it looks more powerful and gives fast and accurate evaluation. this is combination of its 2 different previous version, that means now the new chess engine has 3 engine inside " ... does anybody have experience with this stockfish version ? thanks Karger
Dann Corbit

Re: 3 engine Stockfish

Post by Dann Corbit »

Simple logic will tell you this is silly.
The two older versions are much weaker. What will they add to the strength of the evaluation? Zilch.
Furthermore, you have cut your thread count for each engine by 2/3.
The best foreseeable outcome is therefore Stockfish that is 1/3 as strong as the current version.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
karger
Full name: John Karger

Post by karger »

Dann , Thanks for your expert insight , I know you are very knowledgeable about this stuff. I am not. Karger
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

karger wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:33 pm Found this on another chess website ... " Hello chess friends, I have personally compiled Stockfish 11 source code by adding Stockfish 7 and Stockfish 10 in MS Visual Studio..
The new Engine name called Stockfish 09-02-2020, it looks more powerful and gives fast and accurate evaluation. this is combination of its 2 different previous version, that means now the new chess engine has 3 engine inside " ... does anybody have experience with this stockfish version ? thanks Karger
Mult 3 Stockfish compile....100% fake news...no valid engine links produced.... :) :wink:
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

But in case you want to try this anyway, you can use Mosca's Aiquiri, which would allow you to mix and blend together Stockfish 7, Stockfish 10, and Stockfish 11, or any three engines that you want, for that matter.