Banksia GUI released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AdminX

Re: Version 0.18 released

Post by AdminX »

phhnguyen wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:55 am Version 0.18 released

* Fixed bugs: almost all known bugs so far such as bugs on database/opening tools, crashed when changing piece styles…
* Some small improvements/adjustments
* Improved features: Play via local network. All engines on a computer can be seen and/or participated in a tournament from other computers. Now we can create tournaments with multi-engines on each computer. That may help to organize "fairer" tournaments when engines can stay in individual computers, take all hardware when playing without being interfered by other engines
* New/trial feature: Broadcast live/no-live games. With a few clicks, users can easily and quickly broadcast any games with full move comments (they may have computing information). Other users can see, watch games and/or download them

Thanks for this new update, it is working well over here. Question if you don't mind me asking, what is the status of "Live URL's" is that now working properly or are there still some issues to be worked out?

Thanks Again.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham

Re: Banksia GUI released

Post by phhnguyen »

mikebock wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:30 am Bug: When opening a game from the db, it seems to correctly load the game but not the players names.
Thanks a lot for the report. The bug will be fixed for the next release
https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
phhnguyen

Post by phhnguyen »

Thank you very much for the logo. I love its simplicity and strong blocks/areas.
Just a bit confused about its beauty/art but don't know what exactly I want and/or how to fix it.
Ovyron wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:37 am Image
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
phhnguyen

Re: Version 0.18 released

Post by phhnguyen »

AdminX wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:48 am Thanks for this new update, it is working well over here. Question if you don't mind me asking, what is the status of "Live URL's" is that now working properly or are there still some issues to be worked out?

Thanks Again.
I have found and fixed a bug of that function and tested (it run well) for a few URLs. Still need to check further. Please use it and tell me if there is any problem. Thanks.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Hopefully a graphic designer more experienced in mind reading can come up with something better :mrgreen:
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Okay, so woke up this morning, went online to "The Week In Chess". There I found a "Live PGN URL" and entered it in Banksia GUI and SUCCESS !!! :D

Thank you so much!

PS: I can't for the games to start today! This is quickly becoming one beast of a program.

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

I have a question phhnguyen.

Please write how to enter something like this in Name: Komodo 13.3 x64 in Local Network.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

The Live PGNs feature only needs one small improvement. It needs to display the names of the players for the imported game. Currently it imports the games but it does not update the player names in the player panes.

Thanks

PS: As a Bonus if could be interesting to Broadcast a Live PGN Game where the chat feature would also be useful. :D

Post by AdminX »

AdminX wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:54 am The Live PGNs feature only needs one small improvement. It needs to display the names of the players for the imported game. Currently it imports the games but it does not update the player names in the player panes.

Thanks

PS: As a Bonus if could be interesting to Broadcast a Live PGN Game where the chat feature would also be useful. :D
Never Mind, Now that the games have started I see that it already does that for live games. It just does not do it for games that have already been played. :D This so cool, we can even Broadcast these games and live chat! Now my only question is how do we active a engine to run in the background as these games are being played.

Post by AdminX »

There are still more bugs to work out, The PGNs are not updating even when ticked to do so.