how many points will Komodo score vs. GM Lenderman?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

How many points will Komodo score vs. GM Lenderman (out of 16)?

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2020 2:55 am

3.5 or less
No votes
4 or 4.5
No votes
5 or 5.5
No votes
6 or 6.5
No votes
7 or 7.5
No votes
8 (drawn match)
No votes
8.5 or 9
No votes
9.5 or 10
No votes
10.5 or 11
No votes
11.5 or 12
No votes
12.5 or more
No votes

Total votes: 0

lkaufman

Re: how many points will Komodo score vs. GM Lenderman?

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:04 pm
lkaufman wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:59 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:50 pm
lkaufman wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:18 am
Cornfed wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:24 am I pick 10.5 to 11.
Lenderman will not be able to handle the pressure.
If by "pressure" you mean "time pressure", then you might be right. I don't think he'll have any problem with psychological pressure due to the show or anything emotional, he's a well-balanced professional and very rational and realistic. He won't let a loss affect him in the next game. But no human is immune to the pressure of the clock.
I noticed that, a few minutes ago. How much time handicap can Komodo 14 actually give MVL or Nakamura on your 32 cores? LIke 15 Minutes to 15 Seconds for Komodo for the entire game? Today that it is a rest day Komodo 14 on your system should be challenging GM on Chess.com with time handicap and see who will dare to accept

PS: This was a horribly one sided game in favour of Komodo against Jorge Sammour http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73976
Chess.com isn't set up for time odds now. But anyone, GM or patzer, can play Komodo level 24 anytime and that is roughly the same as playing Komodo on one core at game in three seconds! Even under those conditions, I think Naka would need serious time, like 15' + 10", to be competitive. Most GMs even had a tough time with what is now level 23, which is much weaker than 24, a full class I would say.
Can you or your son play a time handicap against your Komodo 14 at a time that you believe that you could at least draw and post it here, such as 30'+ 5"' and to Komodo 15 Seconds? You can use Arena to set up different time by right clicking the time and either raise it up for you and lower down to Komodo. Once you Righ click on the time under arena, it will turn RED and it will allow you to adjust different times to both sides.
I don't think even Carlsen or Naka can break even with Komodo at those time odds, I certainly have no chance. I'm pretty even playing rapid with Komodo at about level 20 or so, which is way faster than game in one second.
Komodo rules!
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

lkaufman wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:18 pm
If by "pressure" you mean "time pressure", then you might be right. I don't think he'll have any problem with psychological pressure due to the show or anything emotional, he's a well-balanced professional and very rational and realistic. He won't let a loss affect him in the next game. But no human is immune to the pressure of the clock.
I noticed that, a few minutes ago. How much time handicap can Komodo 14 actually give MVL or Nakamura on your 32 cores? LIke 15 Minutes to 15 Seconds for Komodo for the entire game? Today that it is a rest day Komodo 14 on your system should be challenging GM on Chess.com with time handicap and see who will dare to accept

PS: This was a horribly one sided game in favour of Komodo against Jorge Sammour http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73976
Chess.com isn't set up for time odds now. But anyone, GM or patzer, can play Komodo level 24 anytime and that is roughly the same as playing Komodo on one core at game in three seconds! Even under those conditions, I think Naka would need serious time, like 15' + 10", to be competitive. Most GMs even had a tough time with what is now level 23, which is much weaker than 24, a full class I would say.
Can you or your son play a time handicap against your Komodo 14 at a time that you believe that you could at least draw and post it here, such as 30'+ 5"' and to Komodo 15 Seconds? You can use Arena to set up different time by right clicking the time and either raise it up for you and lower down to Komodo. Once you Righ click on the time under arena, it will turn RED and it will allow you to adjust different times to both sides.
I don't think even Carlsen or Naka can break even with Komodo at those time odds, I certainly have no chance. I'm pretty even playing rapid with Komodo at about level 20 or so, which is way faster than game in one second.
Poor Lenderman, he does not know what he did wrong or how Komodo outplayed him, he kept saying I did NOT blunder, what he does NOT understand is that Komodo squeezed him little by little like a Giant Anaconda Snake from the Amazon and the calculating power of the 32 cores plus MCTS choke his position and made most of his pieces useless on the back rank :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:37 pm

Poor Lenderman, he does not know what he did wrong or how Komodo outplayed him, he kept saying I did NOT blunder, what he does NOT understand is that Komodo squeezed him little by little like a Giant Anaconda Snake from the Amazon and the calculating power of the 32 cores plus MCTS choke his position and made most of his pieces useless on the back rank :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:
Komodo also won the third game today, making the match score even, totally recovering from the 3 game deficit before we swtiched to MCTS. I guess there's no more doubt as to which version is best for such matches.
Komodo rules!
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Draw in game 12, so match tied going into final day tomorrow.
Komodo rules!
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

Chessqueen wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:37 pm Poor Lenderman, he does not know what he did wrong or how Komodo outplayed him, he kept saying I did NOT blunder, what he does NOT understand is that Komodo squeezed him little by little like a Giant Anaconda Snake from the Amazon and the calculating power of the 32 cores plus MCTS choke his position and made most of his pieces useless on the back rank :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:
What's your playing strength again?

Sorry, but when I see patzers authoritatively talking about what a strong GM "didn't understand", it irks me somewhat.

Especially the hyperbole about "Giant Anaconda Snake from the Amazon..." :roll:

Look...If Lenderman has no idea what he did wrong, you definitely don't.
duncan

Post by duncan »

lkaufman wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 pm

Komodo also won the third game today, making the match score even, totally recovering from the 3 game deficit before we swtiched to MCTS. I guess there's no more doubt as to which version is best for such matches.
If Mcts is handicapped, will it get a better score against Komodo than if it was not ?
Also can the matches be replayed with the commentary ?
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

duncan wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:30 pm
lkaufman wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 pm

If Mcts is handicapped, will it get a better score against Komodo than if it was not ?
Also can the matches be replayed with the commentary ?
If you are asking whether Komodo MCTS would score more points starting from a losing position against normal Komodo than it would from the normal one, of course not, it will lose almost every game. But if you want to know whether Komodo MCTS would score more points than Komodo standard if each is giving a handicap to a weaker version of Komodo, that is a good question that I have tested. So far all my tests show that standard Komodo does better in this scenario. It seems that a weakened Komodo is not a good simulation of a human grandmaster, even if the elo is similar. Maybe using a crippled NN would work better for this, I haven't done much testing on that yet. I don't know how to replay twitch chess.com event shows from previous days, if no one else knows I can ask.
Komodo rules!
zenpawn

Post by zenpawn »

lkaufman wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:21 pmI don't know how to replay twitch chess.com event shows from previous days, if no one else knows I can ask.
They are archived on their secondary Twitch channel here At the time of this reply, they are the first three in this list, mislabeled as "Adopt-a-Danny with GM Anish Giri and IM Danny Rensch" (Day 1), "Lenderman vs. Komodo Odds Match - Day 1" (Day 2), and "Titled Tuesday with GMs Ivanchuk, Nakamura, Artemiev - host GM Aman Hambleton" (Day 3).
Erin Dame
Author of RookieMonster
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

BrendanJNorman wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:34 am
Chessqueen wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:37 pm Poor Lenderman, he does not know what he did wrong or how Komodo outplayed him, he kept saying I did NOT blunder, what he does NOT understand is that Komodo squeezed him little by little like a Giant Anaconda Snake from the Amazon and the calculating power of the 32 cores plus MCTS choke his position and made most of his pieces useless on the back rank :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:
What's your playing strength again?

Sorry, but when I see patzers authoritatively talking about what a strong GM "didn't understand", it irks me somewhat.

Especially the hyperbole about "Giant Anaconda Snake from the Amazon..." :roll:

Look...If Lenderman has no idea what he did wrong, you definitely don't.

I saw your video on youtube analyzing the game where LCO outplayed Ethereal after a stunning positional Queen Sac.
It annoys me to see a patzer like you probably rated around 2130
analyzing top engines games as if you were a top GM like GM Carsen, GM Caruana or GM Ding Liren, but with your limited
chess knowledge you do NOT even understand the deepest moves made by the engines from TCEC. As you see now you do
not have to be better than the X players playing to analyze their games simply you are giving your weak point of view.
You remind me of of a chess players from Argentina when I visited The Buenos Aires Chess Club. There I approached a local chess
player and asked him if he would play a few rapid games with me and the first question that he asked me was "What is
your playing strength of FIDE rating?" After I told him I do not know at the moment since I have been training for the last ten
months with a GM online trainer. He immediately turned around and started walking toward the other chess players, but I
noticed after ten minutes that all the other players were busy playing each other. I came close to him and asked him politely
"May I ask, may I know your FIDE rating?" and he told me around 2063 and he seemed to be very proud of it. Then he told me
"But i was much stronger before." I asked him again "If you are interested in knowing my current strength, you should accept
my challenge and play a few rapid games. He said "Okay but I will probably beat you in less than 25 moves," by that time two
other players had stopped playing their games and watched us play. One of his friends, Mr. De Dovittis, was there
and teased him "You are not much of a better player according to this game." We kept on playing and and drew the
first game after 50 moves. He recorded both games, which I did not care about whether he did or not since I was
just there to have a little fun. After the first game, he asked me again for my FIDE rating, to which I replied
"I do not know sir, but it is irrelevant at the moment since I just want to improve my chess knowledge and that
is why I am paying for chess lessons online with a Fm trainer from India. After the first game we played one more
game and I beat him in 42 moves at that moment I heard his close friend Mr. DeVitiis telling him well now you
know and do not have to ask for any more rating.

Ibar, M (2063) - ChessQueen ( ? )

1.e4 c5 2.Nc3 Nc6 3.g3 d6 4.Bg2 g6 5.d3 Bg7 6.f4 e6 7.Nf3 Nge7 8.0-0 0-0 9.Be3 Nd4 10.Bf2 Bd7 11.Rb1 Qa5 12.a3N Nxf3+
13.Bxf3 Bxc3 14.bxc3 Bc6 15.Qd2 b6 16.g4 f5 17.Bh4 Rae8 18.Rbe1 fxg4 19.Bxg4 Bd7 20.e5 dxe5 21.Bxe7 Rxe7 22.fxe5 Ref7
23.Rxf7 Rxf7 24.Rf1 Rxf1+ 25.Kxf1 Qxa3 26.Qg5 c4 27.d4 a5 28.Ke2 Qf8 29.d5 Qf7 30.Qd8+ Kg7 31.Qc7 h5 32.Bh3 g5
33.Qxb6 g4 34.Bg2 Qf5 35.Qd6 Qxc2+ 36.Kf1 Qf5+ 37.Kg1 exd5 38.Bxd5 Qb1+ 39.Kf2 Qf5+ 40.Kg1 a4 41.Bxc4 Be8
42.Qe7+ Bf7 43.e6 Qb1+ 44.Kg2 Qb2+ 45.Kg1 Qc1+ 46.Kg2 Qd2+ 47.Kg1 Qe3+ 48.Kg2 Qe4+ 49.Kg1 Qb1+ 50.Kg2 Qb2+ 1/2-1/2

ChessQueen (?) - Ibar, M (2063)

1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.c3 d5 4.Bb5 dxe4 5.Nxe5 Qd5 6.Qa4 Nge7 7.f4 exf3 8.Nxf3 Bd7 9.0-0 0-0-0 10.d4 a6 11.c4 Qh5 12.Bxa6 bxa6
13.Qxa6+ Kb8 14.d5 Na7 15.Be3 Nec8 16.Nc3 Re8 17.Bf2 Qh6 18.Qa5 c5 19.Bxc5 Bxc5+ 20.Qxc5 Qe3+ 21.Qxe3 Rxe3 22.c5 f6 23.Kf2 Rhe8
24.a4 Bg4 25.Rfe1 Rxe1 26.Rxe1 Rxe1 27.Nxe1 Ne7 28.b4 Ng6 29.b5 Nc8 30.Nd3 Bf5 31.Ke3 Bxd3 32.Kxd3 Nce7 33.d6 Ne5+ 34.Ke4 N7g6
35.Nd5 Nf8 36.c6 Ne6 37.c7+ Kb7 38.a5 Nc5+ 39.Kf4 g5+ 40.Kf5 Nc4 41.a6+ Ka7 42.b6+ 1-0

Why don't you show something interesting on youtube like beating Komodo 13.3 or 14 with a knight handicap plus a pawn removed for your low rating which is not that impressing, or should I say we are two patzers, nothing more nothing less compared to top GM's :roll:
[pgn]
[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "2020.05.10"]
[Round "?"]
[White "Komodo 13.3 64-bit"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[FEN "rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/P1PPPPPP/R1BQKBNR w KQkq - 0 1"]
[PlyCount "72"]

1. Nf3 g6 2. Bb2 Nf6 3. e4 Bg7 4. e5 Nh5 5. Bb5 c6 6. Ba4 d6 7. O-O Bg4 8. h3
Bxf3 9. Qxf3 Bxe5 10. d4 Bg7 11. Rfe1 O-O 12. Rad1 d5 13. Qd3 Na6 14. Qd2 Qc7
15. Ba1 e6 16. Qe3 c5 17. c3 Nf6 18. Rb1 Ne4 19. f3 Ng3 20. Bb5 Bf6 21. Bd3 Bh4
22. Red1 c4 23. Bc2 Rae8 24. f4 f6 25. Qf3 Rf7 26. Re1 Nh5 27. Rf1 Bg3 28. Bb2
Bxf4 29. Rfe1 Bg3 30. Re3 Qd6 31. Ba4 Rb8 0-1[/pgn]
Last edited by Chessqueen on Fri May 22, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

I will be waiting for your video on youtube beating Komodo with the same handicap as I did :roll:

PS: Something completely different. This Question is for Mr. Larry Kaufman, what is happening on the fist game, is Komodo sharing the same 32 cores system again by playing simultaneously with GM Nakamura and therefore lowering Komodo Strength by at least 50 Elo?