ShashChess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

matejst
Full name: Boban Stanojević

Re: ShashChess

Post by matejst »

Thank you, Andrea. It seems to be a very interesting project. I hope you will continue improving the learning abilities of Shashchess.
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

Ovyron wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:37 am Thanks Andrea, I'm a big fan of the Petrosian checkbox, it's very scary when I'm analyzing with Stockfish 10 and it gives low eval and it shows the same move after move, while Petrosian shows some +1.60 score and then goes 1.70... 1.80... 1.90 until S10 blows up and agrees it's in trouble, I hadn't seen something like this since Zappa Dissident.

Specially recommeded for the analysis of quiet positions that need a plan (where S10's choices are basically random because all moves are tied in score, while Shash has a clear preference) where it seems to be doing a better job than Komodo 11 :)
Always makes me smile when someone mentions my settings all these years later.
amchess

Post by amchess »

amchess

Post by amchess »

matejst

Post by matejst »

Thank you, Andrea. I hope you will be successful in developing ShashChess.
amchess

Post by amchess »

It's a pleasure to annonce the new ShashChess 12 release with a lot of novelties:
-completely revised Shashin theory so that we reached a main goal of our development:
the best tactical solver (better than Houdini tactical) without loosing in strength compared to Stockfish: no other button needed!
Our tests results will follow.
In particular, many thanks to JHellis and its latest Crystal derivative.
No more contempt: it's integrated in Shashin theory and we have no rollcoaster effect: the score is truly aligned with the gui
We demonstrated the effectiveness of Shashin theory at no fast time controls and there is yet a very large margin of improvement:
a lot of discarded Stockfish community patches (thanks clearly for their immense work)can be well integrated thanks to Shashin theory,
improving game play and/or hard positions management.
-new Self Q-learning, a learning variant optimized for self play
-improved LiveBook management
-latest Stockfish patch
Author: Joost VandeVondele
Date: Sat Jun 27 10:22:27 2020 +0200
Timestamp: 1593246147
Revert LTO for mingw on windows.

https://github.com/amchess/ShashChess/releases/tag/12.0
matejst

Post by matejst »

Dear Andrea, I just downloaded ShashChess 12, but the engine BrainLearn is in the zip archive.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Thanks a lot for all your work.
amchess

Post by amchess »

matejst wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:05 pm Dear Andrea, I just downloaded ShashChess 12, but the engine BrainLearn is in the zip archive.
Sorry: now it's good.
Andrea
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Post by peter »

amchess wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:56 pm It's a pleasure to annonce the new ShashChess 12 release with a lot of novelties
Thanks for the new version.
Just one question to new kind of learning.
Which option should be used for experience out of backward analysis, Standard or Self?
Peter.