What are Stockfish and Komodo estimated rating for these 5 depths ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lkaufman

Re: What are Stockfish and Komodo estimated rating for these 5 depths ?

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:39 am
Chessqueen wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:06 am 1st Stockfish at depth 1 Please provide estimated rating = Komodo =
1st Stockfish at depth 2 Please provide estimated rating = Komodo =
1st Stockfish at depth 3 Please provide estimated rating = Komodo =
1st Stockfish at depth 4 Please provide estimated rating = Komodo =
1st Stockfish at depth 5 Please provide estimated rating = Komodo =

We all know why Stockfish is soo strong, because it is the Program that reaches the highest depth withing a certain time control, but has anybody done a 100 match games between Komodo vs Stockfish with depth set to 22 or 24 ?
I have a curious question to Larry Kaufman, Why is it that Komodo is limited to a maximum Skill 25 and NOT 30? I am pretty sure that on very fast computer like your or the one used by TCEC it could reach a Depth of 17 or Skill = 30.
The depth = skill - 13 rule is only valid for skill levels 19 thru 23. Skill 24 is depth 12 (not 11), and Skill 25 is just normal Komodo using all its available time. We didn't go beyond depth 12 with the skill levels because I estimated that depth 12 was strong enough to give Magnus Carlsen a good fight in rapid (15' + 10") chess, so who would need a crippled level beyond that? I may have been a bit too optimistic in my estimate, I now think that we might need depth 13 to equal MC in rapid, but we need more rapid games with top humans to really tell.
Komodo rules!