Build tester issue

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

JManion

Build tester issue

Post by JManion »

I have been using build tester for a while without a problem. On both of my computers when I try to use it I get this error. I tried reinstalling and had the same issue.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? Thanks for the help

https://ibb.co/cCKMsf8
mbabigian
Full name: Mike Babigian

Re: Build tester issue

Post by mbabigian »

Build Tester needs to find the total nodes etc, in the text output of the engine. If you accidentally altered the strings and they don't match exactly, you'll get that error message. Try deleting:

Code: Select all

PeformanceToken=Nodes/second    :
SignatureToken=Nodes searched  :
from the .ini file to reset it to defaults.

Another possibility is that the tested exe, didn't generate any data. This can happen with Stockfish when you ask for X amount of hash and it tries to allocate large pages for that hash and fails. SF doesn't run in this case and you get no output.

Mike.

“Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.” ― Mark Twain
mbabigian
Full name: Mike Babigian

Re: Build tester issue

Post by mbabigian »

One other issue that can cause the new NNUE SF to not generate any data is if it can't find the default network. Try putting the correct network in the same directory.
“Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.” ― Mark Twain