Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jhellis3

Re: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?

Post by jhellis3 »

What hypothesis? I eagerly await your strawman.
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Re: Asking to people who believe Leela NN is a book, what they think about SF NN now?

Post by dkappe »

jhellis3 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:15 am What hypothesis? I eagerly await your strawman.
That leela networks are a book. Is that not the topic of this thread and of your oh so well reasoned broadsides?
Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".
jhellis3

Post by jhellis3 »

Oh, and btw... I actually did outline a way to test if opening knowledge was in the NNs in the google groups post I made many moons ago. A pity nobody seems to have read it.

On the other hand, one could just take away any features which the NN might use in this regard (*cough* history *cough*), and I would call that good. Hell, even just previous to root history would be good enough, but I am quite sure I have also mentioned that many, many times before....
dkappe

Post by dkappe »

jhellis3 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:20 am Oh, and btw... I actually did outline a way to test if opening knowledge was in the NNs in the google groups post I made many moons ago. A pity nobody seems to have read it.

On the other hand, one could just take away any features which the NN might use in this regard (*cough* history *cough*), and I would call that good. Hell, even just previous to root history would be good enough, but I am quite sure I have also mentioned that many, many times before....
You *are* the Hopfield Networks guy. :lol: :lol:
Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Alayan wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:10 am It's pointless to argue with people who don't care about making gross logical mistakes in their reasoning.
It's pointless to argue with people who don't care about other people's gross logical mistakes in their reasoning, if they make them, to explain their flaws, to educate them.

We're not here to convince others, but to learn. If you think teaching other people how to reason is a waste of time, you're misusing the fora.
jhellis3

Post by jhellis3 »

That leela networks are a book.
And there you have it. I never made this claim. Strawman complete. I have said it is possible Lc0 has book like features for the first several ply, though I do not claim to know to what degree this is true (if at all). In fact, as per my previous post, I outlined a test to measure this effect previously.... not that anybody ever did it mind you.
jhellis3

Post by jhellis3 »

Another ad hominem. This is strange behavior for someone embarrassing themselves, but whatever.... I think we are done here.
dkappe

Post by dkappe »

jhellis3 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:24 am
Another ad hominem. This is strange behavior for someone embarrassing themselves, but whatever.... I think we are done here.
You feel that associating someone with Hopfield Networks is an ad hominem attack? I wonder what other mathematical, statistical and algorithmic concepts fall into this category. Also, pointing out that someone has a demonstrably poor understanding of the subject matter under discussion is scarcely an ad hominem attack. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Last edited by dkappe on Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhellis3

Post by jhellis3 »

You feel that associating someone with Hopfield Networks is an ad hominem attack?
I never said that either. What strawman number is this, I have lost count....

EDIT FOR CLARITY: You post clearly referred to the Hopfield Networks "guy" a person who you have previously identified as having some false beliefs, not Hopfield Networks in general. I have no knowledge of this "guy" but to be labeled as a person under a delusion qualifies an ad hominem in my book.
Last edited by jhellis3 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
dkappe

Post by dkappe »

jhellis3 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:32 am
You feel that associating someone with Hopfield Networks is an ad hominem attack?
I never said that either. What strawman number is this, I have lost count....
Go back and read your own posts. We are done here.