Stockfish 11

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

awsmak
Full name: Akshay Chacko

Re: Stockfish on my 8core 16thread laptop losses to stockfish on my smartphone.

Post by awsmak »

I am using stockfish 12 on my new laptop having new ryzen 7 4800h processor. My settings are threads=8, hash =512mb
All other settings are kept default. It gets around 9000+knps at opening.my smartphone gets around 1500knps at opening and still it wins against my laptop. I tried using stockfish 11 also on both laptop and smartphone still my smartphone wins most of the time and otherwise its a draw. I tried different settings but couldn't get any results. I don't understand why this is happening please help me. :cry:
corres

Post by corres »

awsmak wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:49 am I am using stockfish 12 on my new laptop having new ryzen 7 4800h processor. My settings are threads=8, hash =512mb
All other settings are kept default. It gets around 9000+knps at opening.my smartphone gets around 1500knps at opening and still it wins against my laptop. I tried using stockfish 11 also on both laptop and smartphone still my smartphone wins most of the time and otherwise its a draw. I tried different settings but couldn't get any results. I don't understand why this is happening please help me. :cry:
A newer attempt to generate superfluous dispute...
Please cease these stupid subject without any cry.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

corres wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:15 am
awsmak wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:49 am I am using stockfish 12 on my new laptop having new ryzen 7 4800h processor. My settings are threads=8, hash =512mb
Oh my, look at the date, this post is not 'newer', but his first post. He realized his post was not very well placed under that threads' title,
or for the purpose of getting more attention.

For the other thread, which really is superfluous and on the verge of trolling, because he never offered any evidence despite being asked for,
YOU posted most of the messages and artificially prolonged it.
http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75106
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
corres

Post by corres »

Guenther wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:43 am
corres wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:15 am
Oh my, look at the date, this post is not 'newer', but his first post. He realized his post was not very well placed under that threads' title,
or for the purpose of getting more attention.
For the other thread, which really is superfluous and on the verge of trolling, because he never offered any evidence despite being asked for,
YOU posted most of the messages and artificially prolonged it.
http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75106
In the row of the post it is a newer one and under this new thread it is also a stupid one.
I prolonged(?) it because I try to help him, but it was really a superfluous act.