Stockfish 11

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
awsmak
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:29 am
Full name: Akshay Chacko

Re: Stockfish on my 8core 16thread laptop losses to stockfish on my smartphone.

Post by awsmak » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:49 am

I am using stockfish 12 on my new laptop having new ryzen 7 4800h processor. My settings are threads=8, hash =512mb
All other settings are kept default. It gets around 9000+knps at opening.my smartphone gets around 1500knps at opening and still it wins against my laptop. I tried using stockfish 11 also on both laptop and smartphone still my smartphone wins most of the time and otherwise its a draw. I tried different settings but couldn't get any results. I don't understand why this is happening please help me. :cry:

corres
Posts: 3340
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:41 am
Location: hungary

Re: Stockfish on my 8core 16thread laptop losses to stockfish on my smartphone.

Post by corres » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:15 am

awsmak wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:49 am
I am using stockfish 12 on my new laptop having new ryzen 7 4800h processor. My settings are threads=8, hash =512mb
All other settings are kept default. It gets around 9000+knps at opening.my smartphone gets around 1500knps at opening and still it wins against my laptop. I tried using stockfish 11 also on both laptop and smartphone still my smartphone wins most of the time and otherwise its a draw. I tried different settings but couldn't get any results. I don't understand why this is happening please help me. :cry:
A newer attempt to generate superfluous dispute...
Please cease these stupid subject without any cry.

Guenther
Posts: 3342
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Stockfish on my 8core 16thread laptop losses to stockfish on my smartphone.

Post by Guenther » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:43 am

corres wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:15 am
awsmak wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:49 am
I am using stockfish 12 on my new laptop having new ryzen 7 4800h processor. My settings are threads=8, hash =512mb
All other settings are kept default. It gets around 9000+knps at opening.my smartphone gets around 1500knps at opening and still it wins against my laptop. I tried using stockfish 11 also on both laptop and smartphone still my smartphone wins most of the time and otherwise its a draw. I tried different settings but couldn't get any results. I don't understand why this is happening please help me. :cry:
A newer attempt to generate superfluous dispute...
Please cease these stupid subject without any cry.
Oh my, look at the date, this post is not 'newer', but his first post. He realized his post was not very well placed under that threads' title,
or for the purpose of getting more attention.

For the other thread, which really is superfluous and on the verge of trolling, because he never offered any evidence despite being asked for,
YOU posted most of the messages and artificially prolonged it.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75106
https://rwbc-chess.de
Greg Strong@ovyron wrote: What I think is that you have a very, very, VERY strong desire to post, and very little self-control.
All the time. In every conversation. You must post. Something. It's like you just can't help yourself.

corres
Posts: 3340
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:41 am
Location: hungary

Re: Stockfish on my 8core 16thread laptop losses to stockfish on my smartphone.

Post by corres » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:17 am

Guenther wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:43 am
corres wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:15 am
awsmak wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:49 am
I am using stockfish 12 on my new laptop having new ryzen 7 4800h processor. My settings are threads=8, hash =512mb
All other settings are kept default. It gets around 9000+knps at opening.my smartphone gets around 1500knps at opening and still it wins against my laptop. I tried using stockfish 11 also on both laptop and smartphone still my smartphone wins most of the time and otherwise its a draw. I tried different settings but couldn't get any results. I don't understand why this is happening please help me. :cry:
A newer attempt to generate superfluous dispute...
Please cease these stupid subject without any cry.
Oh my, look at the date, this post is not 'newer', but his first post. He realized his post was not very well placed under that threads' title,
or for the purpose of getting more attention.
For the other thread, which really is superfluous and on the verge of trolling, because he never offered any evidence despite being asked for,
YOU posted most of the messages and artificially prolonged it.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75106
In the row of the post it is a newer one and under this new thread it is also a stupid one.
I prolonged(?) it because I try to help him, but it was really a superfluous act.

Post Reply