Banksia GUI released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

phhnguyen
Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham

Re: Banksia GUI released

Post by phhnguyen »

Hi all,

Sorry all for not replying for a while. I have made a notice on the Banksia GUI home page (on the Download page) and now I re-post here for being understood:

My wife has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been with her to fight it thus I can’t focus on chess and BanksiaGUI at the moment even still being on/off. All issues, discussions, emails… will be replied/continued later. All supports are welcome and highly appreciated!

If I can't be back to work with BSG or postpone too long, I may release its code as an open-source (BTW, I have planed sooner or later I will publish its code) and ask the community to help to maintain it.

Thanks all for understanding!
https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

phhnguyen wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:31 pm Hi all,

Sorry all for not replying for a while. I have made a notice on the Banksia GUI home page (on the Download page) and now I re-post here for being understood:

My wife has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been with her to fight it thus I can’t focus on chess and BanksiaGUI at the moment even still being on/off. All issues, discussions, emails… will be replied/continued later. All supports are welcome and highly appreciated!

If I can't be back to work with BSG or postpone too long, I may release its code as an open-source (BTW, I have planed sooner or later I will publish its code) and ask the community to help to maintain it.

Jesus, my heart goes out to you and her in the forthcoming grim battle. Please keep us apprised on occasion and know that you have a legion of well-wishers in that obscure anonymous fog that is the internet.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
matejst
Full name: Boban Stanojević

Post by matejst »

I hope everything will be OK, and that your wife will win her fight against this perfidious illness.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

I am sorry to hear about your wife's illness. I hope she gets well and recovers by beating this nasty illness
IanKennedy

Post by IanKennedy »

Best wishes to you and thanks for the work to date!
Author of the actively developed PSYCHO chess engine
Gerd Isenberg

Post by Gerd Isenberg »

phhnguyen wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:31 pm Hi all,

Sorry to hear that. All the best to your wife and to you.
RubiChess
Full name: Andreas Matthies

Post by RubiChess »

phhnguyen wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:31 pm My wife has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been with her to fight it thus I can’t focus on chess and BanksiaGUI at the moment even still being on/off. All issues, discussions, emails… will be replied/continued later. All supports are welcome and highly appreciated!
All the best and strength to your wife. I was in your position 13 years ago when my wife also suffered from breast cancer. Treatment took almost nine months but she recovered and got well again. And so will your wife.
Regards,
Andreas
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Wishing your wife a complete and speedy recovery. My best wishes to you both.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

I saw this news posted on your website and did not feel it was my place to share it here. I too wish your wife a speedy recovery and hope you are doing well in these difficult times.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Robert Söhnlein

Post by MCDermont »

im so sorry to hear that wish youre wife all the best and keep fighting