Nemorino 6 (NNUE)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Nemorino 6 (NNUE)

Post by Sylwy »

Impressive engine & neuronal network !

The situation in my test at halfway:

+42 Elo points.

Ethereal 12.50 64-bit has 3388 Elo (CCRL Blitz)
Nemorino 5.00 64-bit has 3117 Elo (CCRL Blitz).

Seems to be over +300 Elo at my time control (4'+2").
xr_a_y

Post by xr_a_y »

Will you release the learning code also?
Florentino

Post by Florentino »

Helllo Vivien,
the lerning code is the the learner from Stockfish (including Stockfish Qsearch). I only created a generator for the training data, which helped me to create several 100 millions of Nemorino evals and store it in the sgen-format expected by the learner.
Nemorino's net is worse than the original Nets from Stockfish. Running Nemorino with a Stockfish net will gain further Elo (in selfplay something like 30-50 Elo).
I will try to create my own learner in the future (as this is an interesting challenge) but this needs time. My main motivation is trying to understand and learn how everything works, and I learned a lot the last weeks. If I will ever have an own learner I surely will give you access to it.
Best regards,
Christian
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Post by dkappe »

Florentino wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:11 pm I just released version 6 of Nemorino!
Main new feature is the support for NNUE networks, which improves Nemorino's playing strength a lot!

Nemorino comes with it's own network. The network format is slightly different than the original format from Stockfish as I removed the 64 "BONA_PIECE_ZERO" input parameters from the weights file and from the inference code (which is an adapted copy of the code from Stockfish). Nevertheless Nemorino can use the network files from Stockfish as well - it will simply create a converted copy on first use.

Additionally as it's more than 2 years since the last release, this version contains a lot of minor improvements and bugfixes.

You can find source code and binaries for windows at https://bitbucket.org/christian_g_nther/nemorino
Nemorino was on my list of engines for which to produce a net. Now I don’t have to. :D It’s good to see you back in the engine game.
Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".
Dokterchen

Post by Dokterchen »

Awesome improvement! A quick test shows that Nemorino is now at least in the top 15 engines, maybe even in the top 10.
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Post by Werner »

Is it possible to use internal Syzygy + 5men Sygyzy on SSD ?
(use 2 paths)
Werner
Florentino

Post by Florentino »

No - as soon as SyzygyPath is set, only the external Syzygy-Files are used. Do you think such a mixed scenario makes sense?
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Post by Werner »

Florentino wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:15 pm No - as soon as SyzygyPath is set, only the external Syzygy-Files are used. Do you think such a mixed scenario makes sense?
:oops: no
Werner
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

Florentino wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:11 pm I just released version 6 of Nemorino!
Main new feature is the support for NNUE networks, which improves Nemorino's playing strength a lot!

Nemorino comes with it's own network. The network format is slightly different than the original format from Stockfish as I removed the 64 "BONA_PIECE_ZERO" input parameters from the weights file and from the inference code (which is an adapted copy of the code from Stockfish). Nevertheless Nemorino can use the network files from Stockfish as well - it will simply create a converted copy on first use.

Additionally as it's more than 2 years since the last release, this version contains a lot of minor improvements and bugfixes.
Testrun of Nemorino 6.00 finished.

https://www.sp-cc.de

(Perhaps you have to clear your browsercache or reload the website)
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi,

super!
Will be participant for the next FCP Tourney.

THANKS for Nemorino again!

Best
Frank