Thoughts...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bob

Re: Science &Law should be impartial = neutral without b

Post by bob »

Graham Banks wrote:
slobo wrote:
Rolf wrote:
bob wrote:
Rolf wrote:
bob wrote: My interes

Thanks so far. For me Vas is still innocent, Bob! IMHO this will come out. You dont bet. Well, better not, that would cost you a real fortune. :)

-Rolf :evil:
If you think that a tribunal is a place where you could always find the truth, you are an innocent or a stupid man.

But the fact that Vas is innocent for you, speaks a lot about yourself:

You are a shameless supporter of a cloner
who shouts out: "Catch those cloners, catch those cloners!"
If Vas is proven to be innocent, how many of you will have the balls to apologise publicly? That's a good measure of a man's integrity and credibility. It should be interesting.
Graham, I know you don't want to accept this, but there will be no "proven innocent" on the fruit issue. The code _is_ in Rybka 1. This is not a judgement issue. Unless you believe in random chance and would not consider plagiarism if you find many paragraphs from book A written by author X, included verbatim in book B written by author Y. This just doesn't happen in programming. When I don't see identical programs where they are only 50 lines long, what is the probability of identical code in a program far more complex???
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

bob wrote: Graham, I know you don't want to accept this, but there will be no "proven innocent" on the fruit issue. The code _is_ in Rybka 1. This is not a judgement issue. Unless you believe in random chance and would not consider plagiarism if you find many paragraphs from book A written by author X, included verbatim in book B written by author Y. This just doesn't happen in programming. When I don't see identical programs where they are only 50 lines long, what is the probability of identical code in a program far more complex???
Hi Bob,

I'll be perfectly happy to accept the truth, whatever that might be. In my opinion, Vas needs to say more than what he has in order to help establish that truth. It's only because he's stayed quiet for so long that the situation has festered. I still think that you should try and make contact with Ryan in private, just to discuss your findings with him also.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

What is with Vas statement: 100% original - except public domain?
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Graham Banks wrote:
slobo wrote:
Rolf wrote:
bob wrote:
Rolf wrote:
bob wrote: My interes

Thanks so far. For me Vas is still innocent, Bob! IMHO this will come out. You dont bet. Well, better not, that would cost you a real fortune. :)

-Rolf :evil:
If you think that a tribunal is a place where you could always find the truth, you are an innocent or a stupid man.

But the fact that Vas is innocent for you, speaks a lot about yourself:

You are a shameless supporter of a cloner
who shouts out: "Catch those cloners, catch those cloners!"
If Vas is proven to be innocent, how many of you will have the balls to apologise publicly? That's a good measure of a man's integrity and credibility. It should be interesting.
I will do it under two conditions:
_1.If Vasik has the balls to come out of his hole of silence and gives sceintif proof of all the issues related to Rybka including the clones issue....probabilty this to happen is less than 10% I guess....
_2.To release the promised Rybka 3+ for the customers....probability this to happen is less than 2% I guess....
So the general probability I or anyone else in this forum to do this is less than 6% I guess 8-)
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Alexander Schmidt

Re: Thoughts...

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Uri Blass wrote:There was no proof that most people accepted as a proof.
There is no proof that Rybka is an illegal clone. Only Fabien Letouzey can say it is an illegal clone. Maybe there is some non public agreement between them. Maybe Fabien even works now in the Rybka team. Can we know?

Best,
Alex
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
There is no proof that Rybka is an illegal clone. Only Fabien Letouzey can say it is an illegal clone. Maybe there is some non public agreement between them. Maybe Fabien even works now in the Rybka team. Can we know?

Best,
Alex
Hi,

just as a hopeless try. For you dedicated. Because of your high IQ.
Do you really think that on such a level here such a case is solved by a statement from Fabien, then comes Vas and to complete that then comes Bob? Perhaps we two about the Human Rights to make the picture complete. Do you really think this?

If no, why not being a bit more cautious in messages where you demonstrate just one fact, your lack of experience. And I dont know in my books intelligence means you dont fixate on certain single aspects without knowing the whole. That is just premature such an approach.

And now please dont feel again like if I had insulted you. Could only Vas tell you something interesting? Everything else is already fine with you? I already agreed with you of course if you take certain aspects as isolated truths. But then you look around and see that this cant be the only truth.

Do what you want but dont tell us later we have not told you before. At least I did.

Wish you a nice weekend,

Rolf
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Rolf wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:

Best,
Alex
Hi,

Do you really think that on such a level here such a case is solved by a statement from Fabien, then comes Vas and to complete that then comes Bob? Perhaps we two about the Human Rights to make the picture complete. Do you really think this?

If no, why not being a bit more cautious in messages where you demonstrate just one fact, your lack of experience. And I dont know in my books intelligence means you dont fixate on certain single aspects without knowing the whole. That is just premature such an approach.

And now please dont feel again like if I had insulted you. Could only Vas tell you something interesting? Everything else is already fine with you? I already agreed with you of course if you take certain aspects as isolated truths. But then you look around and see that this cant be the only truth.

Do what you want but dont tell us later we have not told you before. At least I did.

Wish you a nice weekend,

Rolf
You're starting to sound like someone I knew for a long time now....the us and we things....Hmmm,my memory is failing me right now but I am sure that I'll dig it out....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
rhollay

Post by rhollay »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: You're starting to sound like someone I knew for a long time now....the us and we things....Hmmm,my memory is failing me right now but I am sure that I'll dig it out....
Dr.D
Gollum... :?: :lol:
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Rolf wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:

Best,
Alex
Hi,

Wish you a nice weekend,

Rolf
You're starting to sound like someone I knew for a long time now....the us and we things....Hmmm,my memory is failing me right now but I am sure that I'll dig it out....
Dr.D
BTW you are victim of projection. I was mentioning exactly two here who have tried in longer efforts to teach him why his continuous seemingly highly important fight in favor of human rights against prejudices is premature in case of anonymous people who dont even have a name. These have no right to be taken seriously in their constant threat against a veritable Wch out of real life. The American Constitution is not made for such jerks. They could step forward. But in real they know that they would then run a great risk because of the background of the main event that happened the steling of software, the reason for why I call them chess cyber terrorists.

So in the name of two people who were the only ones here on CCC to explain this to Alexander, I had the audacity to speak of we. I did NOT mean by any stretch that practically the whole forum here would think this way - how could I, it would be a straight out lie, because here most people think that Vas is the defendant who is wrong. I for one am convinced that he is ok. More, in his superior behavior of a gentleman who never speak a bad word about others, even the ones who diffamate him, he is a role model. I cant help it. That is my serious position.

It is totally outlandish for me if I read here that Vas, a veritable person out of real life is compared with anonymous cyber terrorists. So, that I am asked if I were not in a twilight if I claimed something for Vas and then would attack the "decent" programmers of clones. Sorry, this isnt real here, excuse me.

I beg Deeb, Bauer, Pittlik and many more, whoever here who think that Vas simply shouldnt have support and therefore insult and scapegoat me now in replacement for Vas who doesnt post here, to grant me the democratic right in the best American sense of Free Speech to have my say here. I promise that I dont hate anybody here, I wish nobody something bad, but please try to learn that Free Speech is something holy. And this is also valid for the German speakers who get next to the nervous breakdowen because they cannot censor personal opinions.

Please try to ignore me if my opinions do hurt you so much. Voodoo is also a possibility to get rid of some tensions against me. You take a puppet... etc. please google the various pages on the net.

Please respect that I am already that old that you could grant me some last months on this forum. You will survive it. Just try to be good democrats. Thanks.

Rolf
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Even questions raised on the Rybka forum directed at Vas get no comment from him.
Think he must be trying to turn Rybka4 to look like Robbolito and then say I told you so. 8-)