I don't expect any miracles for GM Nakamura this time

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Hood

Re: I don't expect any miracles for GM Nakamura this time

Post by Hood »

There is more difficult distance before Nakamura now but in London he was good vs strong ones and not so efficient vs 'weaker' ones.

Rgds
Hood
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
pichy

Post by pichy »

Hood wrote:There is more difficult distance before Nakamura now but in London he was good vs strong ones and not so efficient vs 'weaker' ones.

Rgds
Hood
GM Nakamura has the tendency to play very risky when he is faced with a player rated much lower than him and he usually sacrifice pieces against weaker players in order to confuse their selection. I remember his father mentioning long time ago that Nakamura likes to make his games interesting and full of sacrifices specially against players that he believe could blunder in a very complicated position. This type of behavior has backfired him several times like in the last two tournaments in London.
pichy

Post by pichy »

pichy wrote:
Hood wrote:There is more difficult distance before Nakamura now but in London he was good vs strong ones and not so efficient vs 'weaker' ones.

Rgds
Hood
GM Nakamura has the tendency to play very risky when he is faced with a player rated much lower than him and he usually sacrifice pieces against weaker players in order to confuse their selection. I remember his father mentioning long time ago that Nakamura likes to make his games interesting and full of sacrifices specially against players that he believe could blunder in a very complicated position. This type of behavior has backfired him several times like in the last two tournaments in London.
I forgot to mentioned that GM Asnish Giri will cross the 2700 FIDE rating level after this tournament and is one of the most promising youngest player after GM Carlsen and by the end of this year he might become one of the top 10 players.
pichy

Re: GM Nakamura really surprised me with a 2900+ Performance

Post by pichy »

pichy wrote:But at least he will be one of the best six listed on this tourney:

Not only he has been one of the best six on this super tournament, but GM Naka is leading with a 2900+ Performance.
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=6959
pichy

Re: Mr.Derek your rating pridiction is wrong again as usual

Post by pichy »

pichy wrote:

Not only he has been one of the best six on this super tournament, but GM Naka is leading with a 2900+ Performance.
I was commenting on the fact that he recently declared that in the Hart rating list Nakamura was at 2780 and above Carlsen and Kramnik. Strange then that his FIDE rating performance at London was been only 2625 compared to Carlen's 2913.

For your information mr. Derek GM Nakamura will end up with a rating performance much higher than 2780

As for his rating by the end of the tournament GM Nakamura will reach 2600 if he manages to draw against Kramnik and Carlsen in the last two rounds. That would still be 100 points below his present FIDE rating.

Mr. Derek your rating prediction is wrong as usual GM Nakamura will end up with a FIDE rating performance much higher than 2800 not 2600 if he draw against GM Carlsen and Kramnik.
pichy

Re: Mr.Derek where are your negative comments about GM Naka?

Post by pichy »

pichy wrote:
pichy wrote:

I was commenting on the fact that he recently declared that in the Hart rating list Nakamura was at 2780 and above Carlsen and Kramnik. Strange then that his FIDE rating performance at London was been only 2625 compared to Carlen's 2913.

For your information mr. Derek GM Nakamura will end up with a rating performance much higher than 2780

As for his rating by the end of the tournament GM Nakamura will reach 2600 if he manages to draw against Kramnik and Carlsen in the last two rounds. That would still be 100 points below his present FIDE rating.

Mr. Derek your rating prediction is wrong as usual GM Nakamura will end up with a FIDE rating performance much higher than 2800 not 2600 if he draw against GM Carlsen and Kramnik.
Mr.Derek where are your negative comments about GM Nakamura? According to you GM Nakamura is only good in Speed chess and Chess960.
http://www.tatasteelchess.com/tournamen ... le/group/1
yanquis1972

Post by yanquis1972 »

naka has shown on the whole fantastic technique in addition to his risk taking...he has a tendency to go for blood against kramnik & especially carlsen, & that guy for sure is playing wounded.

from the very little i've gathered, he respects kramnik a great deal; carlsen he just wants to maul every time he plays him. if his record isn't = against him i think it's because of a few slipups on his part. those will be the games of the tournament for me.
pichy

Post by pichy »

yanquis1972 wrote:naka has shown on the whole fantastic technique in addition to his risk taking...he has a tendency to go for blood against kramnik & especially carlsen, & that guy for sure is playing wounded.

from the very little i've gathered, he respects kramnik a great deal; carlsen he just wants to maul every time he plays him. if his record isn't = against him i think it's because of a few slipups on his part. those will be the games of the tournament for me.
You are quite right the tournament really start tomorrow, we will see what The Bomb is really made of :roll:
pichy

Re: What is GM Nakamura record vs GM Carlsen?

Post by pichy »

yanquis1972 wrote:naka has shown on the whole fantastic technique in addition to his risk taking...he has a tendency to go for blood against kramnik & especially carlsen, & that guy for sure is playing wounded.

Now that you mentioned it, what is GM Nakamura record against GM Carlsen in Tournament time control, since he has a positive record in speed chess against him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf1AJuzI ... re=related
yanquis1972

Re: What is GM Nakamura record vs GM Carlsen?

Post by yanquis1972 »

not sure, but i believe it's close, or if not, closer than it looks. as i've said the games i've seen hikaru has fought him tooth & nail. bizarrely i can't remember none of the end results -- i think naka may've lost a drawn endgame once while pushing for a win -- but do NOT expect a 15 move draw between these two.

i personally don't think carlsen could care less, but naka is going to be out truck him (at least i hope so). very disappointed with magnus's chess thus far, not to mention him bowing out of the candidates.

i've become a big nakamura fan lately. he will talk smack, & he now has the overall talent to back it up. he is playing at a level well beyond even 2750, top 5 chess. this kid can revitalize chess in a way that a no-personality-outside-of-staged-model-shots like magnus never would be able to.