A new version of Scid is available [4.6.4]

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Marek Soszynski

A new version of Scid is available [4.6.4]

Post by Marek Soszynski »

I have uploaded a new version (4.6.4) that includes performance improvements and bug fixes.I would like to thanks all the users that reported a bug for helping in making Scid better.
A special thanks also to Andreas Paulick for the new high-resolution piece sets.
As usual the downloads are available at sourceforge:http://sourceforge.net/projects/scid/fi ... cid%204.6/and a thanks to Ben for the wiki:
https://sourceforge.net/p/scid/wiki/search/?q=getscid
I hope you will enjoy it,Fulvio [Benini]
Marek Soszynski
Vikram

Re: A new version of Scid is available [4.6.4]

Post by Vikram »

Thanks for update
Jesse Gersenson

Post by Jesse Gersenson »

Compiling now, thanks for the update.

Compile instructions are here
https://sourceforge.net/p/scid/wiki/CompileScid/
Vikram

Post by Vikram »

I am using windows version
In the toolbars i have selected all but still can't see option to flip the board
royb

Post by royb »

Thanks for the update! Very significant difference from SCID 4.4 (the last version I had installed). Great stuff!
royb

Post by royb »

Is there a way in SCID 4.6.4 to annotate a game and have the user specify what text string SCID uses to say what engine and what time control was being used to produce the analysis?

Example:

I want to use Stockfish to annotate a GM game at 5 secs per move. I can get SCID to put in the engine string saying this: Stockfish 020816 64 BMI2: <and eval goes here>.

I'd like to run the same engine again for analysis but this time use 15 secs per move. It would be nice if I can force the annotator tag to say what I want: Stockfish 020816 @ 5 secs per move: <and eval goes here>. AND, then re-run analysis at 15 secs per move and have the first analysis run results left in the database, but add another line with the 15 secs per move analysis being shown: Stockfish 020816 @ 15 secs per move: <and eval goes here>.

That way, I can see how both the 5 sec and 15 sec per move analysis differs.

I hope what I'm asking is clear.

Thanks!
styx

Post by styx »

Vikram wrote:I am using windows version
In the toolbars i have selected all but still can't see option to flip the board
you can flip the board by pressing the period (".") key or after expanding the icons below the board, you can find it there:

royb wrote:Is there a way in SCID 4.6.4 to annotate a game and have the user specify what text string SCID uses to say what engine and what time control was being used to produce the analysis?

Example:

I want to use Stockfish to annotate a GM game at 5 secs per move. I can get SCID to put in the engine string saying this: Stockfish 020816 64 BMI2: <and eval goes here>.

I'd like to run the same engine again for analysis but this time use 15 secs per move. It would be nice if I can force the annotator tag to say what I want: Stockfish 020816 @ 5 secs per move: <and eval goes here>. AND, then re-run analysis at 15 secs per move and have the first analysis run results left in the database, but add another line with the 15 secs per move analysis being shown: Stockfish 020816 @ 15 secs per move: <and eval goes here>.

Thanks!
I dont think that is possible. You could duplicate the game and then re-run the analysis
Vikram

Post by Vikram »

Thanks
royb

Post by royb »

styx wrote:
Vikram wrote:I am using windows version
you can flip the board by pressing the period (".") key or after expanding the icons below the board, you can find it there:

royb wrote:Is there a way in SCID 4.6.4 to annotate a game and have the user specify what text string SCID uses to say what engine and what time control was being used to produce the analysis?

Example:

Thanks!
I dont think that is possible. You could duplicate the game and then re-run the analysis
So I'm not missing something that is already possible it seems. I'd like to see this feature added in a future release then!
Jesse Gersenson

Post by Jesse Gersenson »

Wow, it's fast!!

Scid 4.3 took 16 seconds to open my database. Version 4.6.4 takes a second!