Could this be the best game of all time by a Female Player?

Traditional chess games and chess topics in general

Moderators: Dan Honeycutt, Sam Hull, fern

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Chessqueen
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 am
Full name: Nancy M Pichardo

Could this be the best game of all time by a Female Player?

Post by Chessqueen » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:19 pm


zullil
Posts: 5095
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: PA USA
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: Could this be the best game of all time by a Female Player?

Post by zullil » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:10 pm

Chessqueen wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:19 pm

Chessqueen
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 am
Full name: Nancy M Pichardo

Re: Could this be the best game of all time by a Female Player?

Post by Chessqueen » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:29 pm

zullil wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:10 pm
Chessqueen wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:19 pm
I am really debating if this is the best game ever played
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fW4g8hLNv8

Dann Corbit
Posts: 9161
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: Could this be the best game of all time by a Female Player?

Post by Dann Corbit » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:05 am

The best women's game of all time will have been played by Judit Polgar against a very strong opponent. If not by her then by Jun Xie. If not by her, then by Yifan Hou. If not by her then by Wenjun Ju.

Of course, I am trying to measure greatness as a clash of titans. But greatness could also be measured in terms of an individual brilliancy, depending on how you would like to measure it.

I think Judit Polgar is the best women's player of all time, and by a big margin. But others are more expert than me and probably have an opinion with better backing than I do. But she beat Shirov as black, she beat Kasparov, she beat Karpov. I don't see how a win against George Alan Thomas can measure up against it. He was a really, really good player. But not a superstar.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.

Dann Corbit
Posts: 9161
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: Could this be the best game of all time by a Female Player?

Post by Dann Corbit » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 pm

It is quite an interesting and well played game.
Here are the analyzed EPD records for it:

Code: Select all

rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - acd 70; acs 1589745; bm c4; c0 "Lev Milman vs Joseph Fang"; c1 "01a"; c2 "perft 1 20 perft 2 400 perft 3 8902 perft 4 197281 perft 5 4865609 perft 6 119060324"; c3 "d4"; c4 "c4"; c5 "e4"; c6 Arves.17603; ce 8; pm e4 {2379495} d4 {1725526} Nf3 {483679} c4 {479713} g3 {39820} f4 {35589} b3 {27764} Nc3 {13010} e3 {2686} b4 {2458} g4 {2450} c3 {1654} d3 {1649} a3 {1150} h3 {717} a4 {552} h4 {425} f3 {363} Nh3 {82} Na3 {28}; pv c4 c5 Nf3 Nf6 g3 d5 d4 dxc4 Qa4 Nc6 dxc5 e6 Bg2 Bxc5 Nc3 Qa5 Qxc4 O-O O-O Bd7 Ne4 Be7 Bd2 Qf5 Nxf6 Bxf6 Bc3 e5 Nd2 Rac8 Qb3 Rc7 Bd5 b5 a3 a6 Rac1 Be7 e3 Rfc8 f4 Be6 Bxe6 Qxe6 Qxe6 fxe6 Ne4 a5 Bxe5 Nxe5 Rxc7 Rxc7 fxe5 Rc4 Rf4 Bc5 Nxc5 Rxc5 Kf1 Rc1 Kg2 Rc5 b4 axb4 axb4 Rc2 Rf2 Rc3 Kf3 Rc4 Rd2 Rxb4 Rd7 g5 g4 Rb2 Rb7 Rxh2 Rxb5; 
rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/3P4/8/PPP1PPPP/RNBQKBNR b KQkq - acd 60; acs 680667; bm c5; c3 "Nf6"; ce -8; pm Nf6 {1004729} d5 {434599} e6 {116089} f5 {63006} d6 {40940} g6 {32622} c5 {15043} c6 {6638} Nc6 {3907} b6 {2255} e5 {1558} b5 {1162} a6 {822} h6 {540} Na6 {446} a5 {334} h5 {316} g5 {233} f6 {171} Nh6 {117}; pv c5 Nf3 Nf6 g3 d5 d4 dxc4 Qa4 Nc6 dxc5 e6 Bg2 Bxc5 Nc3 Qa5 Qxc4 O-O O-O Bd7 Ne4 Be7 Bd2 Qf5 Nxf6 Bxf6; 
rnbqkb1r/pppppppp/5n2/8/3P4/8/PPP1PPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - acd 50; acs 19980; bm c4; c3 "c4"; ce 30; id "es-dc-neutral.0004"; pm c4 {737047} Nf3 {202075} Bg5 {31032} g3 {13906} Nc3 {6823} e3 {3283} Bf4 {3203} c3 {2792} f3 {1066} g4 {1059} Nd2 {658} f4 {395} Qd3 {294} b3 {292} e4 {200} a3 {167} h3 {150} b4 {87} Nh3 {61} d5 {49} Be3 {27} Qd2 {25} h4 {24} a4 {10} Bd2 {8} Bh6 {2} Kd2 {2}; pv c4 e6; 
rnbqkb1r/pppppppp/5n2/8/2PP4/8/PP2PPPP/RNBQKBNR b KQkq - acd 42; acs 3600; bm e6; c3 "g6"; ce -12; pm e6 {453207} g6 {217959} c5 {57835} d6 {14326} e5 {10497} c6 {10353} Nc6 {3572} d5 {1842} b6 {1605} a6 {1186} h6 {112} b5 {59} Ng4 {21} Ne4 {15} a5 {15} g5 {15} Rg8 {13} Na6 {6} Ng8 {3} Nh5 {1}; pv e6 Nf3; 
rnbqkb1r/pppppp1p/5np1/8/2PP4/8/PP2PPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq - acd 39; acs 1607; bm Nc3; c3 "Nc3"; ce 36; id "ATG_Reg_19-010"; pm Nc3 {172710} Nf3 {26657} g3 {18029} f3 {2757} Bf4 {653} e3 {575} d5 {485} b3 {466} Qc2 {278} Be3 {267} Bg5 {222} e4 {118} Nd2 {73} h4 {14} Qd3 {12} b4 {8} a3 {2} g4 {1}; pv Nc3 d6 e4 Bg7 Be2 O-O Bg5 h6 Be3 e5 d5 Na6 a3 Nc5 Bxc5 dxc5 Nf3 Re8 O-O Qd6 Qd3 c6 Rfb1 Bd7 Nd2 a5 Qe3 b6 Re1 h5 f3 Bc8 Bd3 Bb7 Rad1; 
rnbqkb1r/pppppp1p/5np1/8/2PP4/2N5/PP2PPPP/R1BQKBNR b KQkq - acd 47; acs 11100; bm d5; c3 "Bg7"; ce -17; pm Bg7 {118914} d5 {53632} d6 {1316} c5 {1060} c6 {121} e6 {16} b6 {6} Ng4 {2} Nc6 {1} Nd5 {1} Nh5 {1}; pv d5; 
rnbqk2r/ppppppbp/5np1/8/2PP4/2N5/PP2PPPP/R1BQKBNR w KQkq - acd 43; acs 2268; bm e4; c3 "e4"; ce 48; pm e4 {105380} Nf3 {10584} g3 {2784} Bg5 {1226} Bf4 {277} f3 {187} e3 {162} d5 {127} h4 {32} h3 {8} f4 {6} b4 {4} a3 {2} b3 {2} Bd2 {1} Be3 {1} Qb3 {1} Qc2 {1}; pv e4; 
rnbqk2r/ppppppbp/5np1/8/2PPP3/2N5/PP3PPP/R1BQKBNR b KQkq - acd 40; acs 2267; bm d6; c3 "d6"; ce -40; id "C.A.P. 444772"; pm d6 {97014} O-O {8328} c5 {148} d5 {65} e6 {57} a6 {8} Nc6 {2} Kf8 {1} Nh5 {1} c6 {1} e5 {1} h5 {1}; pv d6 Nf3 O-O Be2 e5 d5 Nh5 g3 a5 Be3 f5 exf5 gxf5 Bg5 Nf6 Nh4 Qe8 O-O Na6 Qc2 b6 Rae1 Ne4 Nxe4 fxe4 f3 Bh3 Rf2 Nc5 Be3 Bf6 Bxc5 Bxh4 Be3 Be7 fxe4 Qg6 Bf1 Bd7 Bg2 Bg5 Bxg5 Qxg5 Ref1 Qe3 Qd2 Qxd2 Rxd2 Rxf1+ Kxf1 Rf8+ Ke2; 
rnbqk2r/ppp1ppbp/3p1np1/8/2PPP3/2N5/PP3PPP/R1BQKBNR w KQkq - acd 49; acs 19980; bm Bd3; c0 "Grigory Yuryevich Serper vs Ioannis Nikolaidis"; c3 "f3"; ce 47; pm Nf3 {45494} f3 {25383} Be2 {20872} h3 {6121} f4 {5508} Bd3 {3031} Nge2 {1871} Bg5 {1018} g3 {287} Be3 {122} h4 {79} d5 {22} Bd2 {12} e5 {6} Bf4 {4} Rb1 {4} a3 {4} Bh6 {1} Nb1 {1} Qa4+ {1} Qc2 {1} b3 {1} b4 {1}; pv Bd3 Nc6; 
rnbqk2r/ppp1ppbp/3p1np1/8/2PPP3/2N2P2/PP4PP/R1BQKBNR b KQkq - acd 42; acs 2268; bm O-O; c3 "O-O"; ce -39; pm O-O {23457} c6 {650} e5 {569} a6 {500} Nc6 {380} c5 {224} Nbd7 {209} b6 {135} Nfd7 {62} Na6 {33} e6 {4} Bd7 {3} h5 {3} Rf8 {1} a5 {1} h6 {1}; pv O-O Bg5; 
rnbq1rk1/ppp1ppbp/3p1np1/8/2PPP3/2N2P2/PP4PP/R1BQKBNR w KQ - acd 38; acs 5580; bm Nge2; c3 "Be3"; ce 22; pm Be3 {18144} Bg5 {3873} Nge2 {1859} Bd3 {92} Be2 {6} g3 {2} d5 {1} g4 {1}; pv Nge2 c5 d5 e6 Ng3 a6 a4 h5 Be2 Nh7 Be3 h4 Nf1 Re8 a5 h3 g3 Nd7 dxe6 Rxe6 Ra2 Nhf6 Bg5 Qf8 Nd2 Ne5 O-O Re8 Bxf6 Bxf6 Nd5 Bd8 f4 Nc6 f5 gxf5 exf5 Nxa5 f6 Nc6 Bf3; 
rnbq1rk1/ppp1ppbp/3p1np1/8/2PPP3/2N1BP2/PP4PP/R2QKBNR b KQ - acd 48; acs 7140; bm c5; c3 "e5"; ce -23; pm e5 {8369} Nc6 {3525} c5 {2879} a6 {1308} Nbd7 {1305} b6 {786} c6 {504} Nfd7 {102} Na6 {44} h6 {24} a5 {7} Re8 {6} Bd7 {4} Be6 {1} Nxe4 {1} e6 {1}; pv c5 Nge2 Qa5 Nc1 cxd4 Nb3 Qb6 Bxd4 Qd8 Be3 Nc6 Be2 Be6 Nd4 Nxd4 Bxd4 Nd7 f4 Qc7 b3 Bxd4 Qxd4 Qc5 O-O-O f6 Qxc5 Nxc5 h4 a5 Kb2 Bd7 h5 g5 fxg5 fxg5 Rd5; 
rnbq1rk1/ppp2pbp/3p1np1/4p3/2PPP3/2N1BP2/PP4PP/R2QKBNR w KQ - acd 36; acs 307; bm d5; c3 "Nge2"; ce 62; pm d5 {5852} Nge2 {2413} dxe5 {94} Qd2 {13} Bd3 {2}; pv d5 c6 Nge2 cxd5 cxd5 Na6 Qd2 Bd7 Ng3 h5 Bb5 Bxb5 Nxb5 Qd7 Nc3 Rfc8 O-O b5 Rfc1 Rab8 b3 Qb7 b4 Rc4 a3 Rbc8 Qb2 R4c7 Nge2 Nd7 Qd2 Rc4 Qe1 Bf6 Qf2 R8c7 Rc2 Bg7 h4 f5 g3 fxe4; 
rnbq1rk1/ppp2pbp/3p1np1/4p3/2PPP3/2N1BP2/PP2N1PP/R2QKB1R b KQ - acd 38; acs 2345; bm exd4; c3 "b6"; ce -36; id "C.A.P. 444335"; pm c6 {2172} Nbd7 {153} Nc6 {103} exd4 {96} Nfd7 {20} a6 {15} Na6 {14} Nh5 {8} Ne8 {5} b6 {5} Re8 {3} Bd7 {2} a5 {2} h6 {1}; pv exd4 Nxd4; 
rnbq1rk1/p1p2pbp/1p1p1np1/4p3/2PPP3/2N1BP2/PP2N1PP/R2QKB1R w KQ - acd 39; acs 2160; bm Qd2; c3 "Qd2"; ce 90; pm Qd2; pv Qd2; 
rnbq1rk1/p1p2pbp/1p1p1np1/4p3/2PPP3/2N1BP2/PP1QN1PP/R3KB1R b KQ - acd 38; acs 2160; bm Nbd7; c3 "Nc6"; ce -84; pm Nbd7; pv Nbd7 d5; 
r1bq1rk1/p1p2pbp/1pnp1np1/4p3/2PPP3/2N1BP2/PP1QN1PP/R3KB1R w KQ - acd 42; acs 2160; bm d5; c3 "d5"; ce 94; pm d5; pv d5 Na5 Ng3 h5 Bd3 Nh7 h3 Nb7 O-O a5 Bc2 Qh4 Nge2 f5 Bf2 Qf6 f4 Bd7 Rae1 Rae8 Qd1 Qf7 exf5 Bxf5 fxe5 Bxe5 Nd4 Bxc2 Qxc2 Nc5 Be3 Qg7 Nf3 Bf6 a3 a4 Bxc5 Rxe1 Rxe1 Bxc3 bxc3 bxc5; 
r1bq1rk1/p1p2pbp/1pnp1np1/3Pp3/2P1P3/2N1BP2/PP1QN1PP/R3KB1R b KQ - acd 41; acs 2160; bm Na5; c3 "Ne7"; ce -76; pm Na5; pv Na5 b3 h5 h3 Bd7 Bg5 a6 Nc1 Qb8 Bd3 Nb7 N1e2 Qe8 Be3 Nh7 a3 f5 exf5 gxf5 O-O a5 Rae1 h4 Bc2 Qg6 Kh2 Kh8 Rg1 Qf7 b4 Nf6 Bg5 Qh5 Nb5 Nh7 Be3 axb4 axb4 Bxb5 cxb5 Nf6 Bg5 f4 Bxf6 Bxf6; 
r1bq1rk1/p1p1npbp/1p1p1np1/3Pp3/2P1P3/2N1BP2/PP1QN1PP/R3KB1R w KQ - acd 40; acs 2160; bm g4; c3 "g4"; ce 128; pm g4; pv g4 c6; 
r1bq1rk1/p1p1npbp/1p1p1np1/3Pp3/2P1P1P1/2N1BP2/PP1QN2P/R3KB1R b KQ - acd 41; acs 2160; bm c6; c3 "Nd7"; ce -126; pm c6; pv c6 dxc6 Nxc6 Rd1 Bb7 Bg2 Ne8 h4 Nc7 Kf2 Ne6 Qxd6 Qxd6 Rxd6 Ncd4 Nd5 Nxe2 Ne7+ Kh8 Kxe2 Rad8 Rxd8 Rxd8 h5 Re8 Nd5 Nf4+ Kf1 Kg8 b3 Bxd5 exd5 Bf8 Kf2 Kg7 hxg6 hxg6 Bf1 Rd8 Kg3 Bd6 g5 Nh5+ Kg4 f5+ gxf6+ Nxf6+ Kh3 Bc5; 
r1bq1rk1/p1pnnpbp/1p1p2p1/3Pp3/2P1P1P1/2N1BP2/PP1QN2P/R3KB1R w KQ - acd 40; acs 2160; bm Ng3; c3 "Rg1"; ce 207; pm Ng3; pv Ng3 Nc5 O-O-O f6 h4 Rf7 h5 g5 h6 Bf8 b3 Bd7 Nf5 Ng6 Qc2 a5 Be2 Nf4 Kb1 Na6 a4 Nb4 Qd2 Qb8 Rh2 Na6 Kb2 Nc5 Rg1 Qb7 Ra1 Qb8 Rd1 Qd8 Rg1 Kh8 Rgh1 Bxf5 gxf5 Rd7; 
r1bq1rk1/p1pnnpbp/1p1p2p1/3Pp3/2P1P1P1/2N1BP2/PP1QN2P/R3KBR1 b Q - acd 37; acs 2160; bm a6; c3 "a5"; ce -164; pm a6; pv a6 h4; 
r1bq1rk1/2pnnpbp/1p1p2p1/p2Pp3/2P1P1P1/2N1BP2/PP1QN2P/R3KBR1 w Q - acd 37; acs 2160; bm O-O-O; c3 "O-O-O"; ce 220; pm O-O-O; pv O-O-O h4; 
r1bq1rk1/2pnnpbp/1p1p2p1/p2Pp3/2P1P1P1/2N1BP2/PP1QN2P/2KR1BR1 b - - acd 40; acs 2160; bm f6; c3 "Nc5"; ce -202; pm f6; pv f6; 
r1bq1rk1/2p1npbp/1p1p2p1/p1nPp3/2P1P1P1/2N1BP2/PP1QN2P/2KR1BR1 w - - acd 41; acs 2160; bm Ng3; c3 "Ng3"; ce 211; pm Ng3; pv Ng3; 
r1bq1rk1/2p1npbp/1p1p2p1/p1nPp3/2P1P1P1/2N1BPN1/PP1Q3P/2KR1BR1 b - - acd 41; acs 2160; bm f6; c3 "Bd7"; ce -204; pm f6; pv f6; 
r2q1rk1/2pbnpbp/1p1p2p1/p1nPp3/2P1P1P1/2N1BPN1/PP1Q3P/2KR1BR1 w - - acd 40; acs 2160; bm h4; c3 "h4"; ce 205; pm h4; pv h4; 
r2q1rk1/2pbnpbp/1p1p2p1/p1nPp3/2P1P1PP/2N1BPN1/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 b - - acd 39; acs 2160; bm f6; c3 "a4"; ce -213; pm f6; pv f6; 
r2q1rk1/2pbnpbp/1p1p2p1/2nPp3/p1P1P1PP/2N1BPN1/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 w - - acd 41; acs 2160; bm h5; c3 "h5"; ce 217; pm h5; pv h5 f6; 
r2q1rk1/2pbnpbp/1p1p2p1/2nPp2P/p1P1P1P1/2N1BPN1/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 b - - acd 41; acs 2160; bm f6; c3 "Qb8"; ce -217; pm f6; pv f6; 
rq3rk1/2pbnpbp/1p1p2p1/2nPp2P/p1P1P1P1/2N1BPN1/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 w - - acd 38; acs 2160; bm Nf5; c3 "Bh6"; ce 375; pm Nf5; pv Nf5 Qe8 Nxg7 Kxg7 f4 f6 g5 f5 fxe5 dxe5 d6 cxd6 Bxc5 bxc5 Qxd6 Rd8 Qxe5+ Kg8 hxg6 Nxg6 Qxe8 Rfxe8 Nd5 Be6 exf5 Bxf5 Nf6+ Kg7 Nxe8+ Rxe8 Rd5 Nh4 Bd3 Bxd3 Rd7+ Kg6 Rxd3 Re4 Rd6+ Kg7 Rf1 Rxc4+ Kb1 Rg4 Rd5 c4 Rc5 Rg3 Rxc4 Nf3 Kc1 Nxg5 Rxa4; 
rq3rk1/2pbnpbp/1p1p2pB/2nPp2P/p1P1P1P1/2N2PN1/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 b - - acd 39; acs 2160; bm f6; c3 "Qa7"; ce -241; pm f6; pv f6 hxg6; 
r4rk1/q1pbnpbp/1p1p2pB/2nPp2P/p1P1P1P1/2N2PN1/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 w - - acd 43; acs 2160; bm Bxg7; c3 "Bxg7"; ce 337; pm Bxg7; pv Bxg7 Kxg7 Nf5+ Bxf5 gxf5 f6 Nb5 Qa5 Nxc7 g5 Nxa8 Rxa8 Kc2 h6 Qxa5 bxa5 Bd3 Rb8 Kc3 Rb4 Bc2 Nc8 a3 Rb8 Rb1 Nb6 b3 axb3 Bxb3 Ncd7 Bc2 Rc8 Bd3 Na4+ Kd2 Nac5 Rb5 a4 Bc2 Ra8 Kc3 Kf7 Kb4 Na6+ Kxa4 Ke7 Rgb1 Kd8 Kb3 Nc7 Kb4 Nxb5 cxb5; 
r4rk1/q1pbnpBp/1p1p2p1/2nPp2P/p1P1P1P1/2N2PN1/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 b - - acd 44; acs 2160; bm Kxg7; c3 "Kxg7"; ce -343; pm Kxg7; pv Kxg7 Nf5+; 
r4r2/q1pbnpkp/1p1p2p1/2nPp2P/p1P1P1P1/2N2PN1/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 w - - acd 42; acs 2160; bm Nf5+; c3 "Nf5+"; ce 353; pm Nf5+; pv Nf5+; 
r4r2/q1pbnpkp/1p1p2p1/2nPpN1P/p1P1P1P1/2N2P2/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 b - - acd 42; acs 2160; bm Bxf5; c3 "Nxf5"; ce -363; pm Bxf5; pv Bxf5 gxf5; 
r4r2/q1pb1pkp/1p1p2p1/2nPpn1P/p1P1P1P1/2N2P2/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 w - - acd 43; acs 2160; bm gxf5; c3 "gxf5"; ce 465; pm gxf5; pv gxf5 f6 hxg6 h5 Rh1 Rh8 Be2 Qa5 Kb1 h4 Rh3 Rh5 Rdh1 Rah8 Qe1 R5h6 Rg1 Qa8 a3 Qe8 Ka2 Nb3 Qf1 Bc8 Bd3 Ba6 Rg4 Nc5 Qd1 Rh5 Bf1 Bc8 Be2 R5h6 Bd3 Bd7 Bf1 Rh5 Be2 Bc8 Qd2 Ba6 f4 Nb3 Qd1 exf4 Rxf4 Qe5 Rf1 Nc5; 
r4r2/q1pb1pkp/1p1p2p1/2nPpP1P/p1P1P3/2N2P2/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 b - - acd 44; acs 2160; bm f6; c3 "a3"; ce -470; pm f6; pv f6 hxg6; 
r4r2/q1pb1pkp/1p1p2p1/2nPpP1P/2P1P3/p1N2P2/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 w - - acd 26; acs 1; bm f6+; c0 "level: med-12"; c2 "#9; 00:25-; 00:00 @ C0/R1/K4/P11/X38;"; c3 "f6+"; ce 32750; dm 9; id "MG.3458"; pm f6+; pv f6+ Kh8 Qh6 Rg8 hxg6 Rxg6 Rxg6 Ne6 dxe6 axb2+ Kb1 Qxa2+ Nxa2 Rg8 Rxg8+ Kxg8 Qg7+; 
r4r2/q1pb1pkp/1p1p1Pp1/2nPp2P/2P1P3/p1N2P2/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 b - - acd 21; acs 0; bm Kh8; c3 "Kh8"; ce -32751; dm -8; pm Kh8; pv Kh8 Qh6 axb2+ Kd2 Rg8 hxg6 b1=N+ Ke1 Nd3+ Bxd3 fxg6 Rh1 Bh3 Qxh7+ Kxh7 Rxh3+; 
r4r1k/q1pb1p1p/1p1p1Pp1/2nPp2P/2P1P3/p1N2P2/PP1Q4/2KR1BR1 w - - acd 17; acs 1; bm Qh6; c3 "Qh6"; ce 32752; dm 8; pm Qh6; pv Qh6 axb2+ Kb1 Ne6 dxe6 Rg8 hxg6 Qxa2+ Nxa2 Rxg6 Rxg6 Rg8 Rxg8+ Kxg8 Qg7#; 
r4r1k/q1pb1p1p/1p1p1PpQ/2nPp2P/2P1P3/p1N2P2/PP6/2KR1BR1 b - - acd 21; acs 0; bm axb2+; c3 "axb2+"; ce -32753; dm -7; pm axb2+; pv axb2+ Kd2 Rg8 hxg6 b1=N+ Ke1 Nd3+ Bxd3 fxg6 Rh1 Bh3 Qxh7+ Kxh7 Rxh3+; 
r4r1k/q1pb1p1p/1p1p1PpQ/2nPp2P/2P1P3/2N2P2/Pp6/2KR1BR1 w - - acd 15; acs 1; bm Kb1; c3 "Kb1"; ce 32754; dm 7; pm Kb1; pv Kb1 Rg8 hxg6 Rxg6 Rxg6 Qxa2+ Nxa2 Ne6 dxe6 Rg8 Rxg8+ Kxg8 Qg7#; 
r4r1k/q1pb1p1p/1p1p1PpQ/2nPp2P/2P1P3/2N2P2/Pp6/1K1R1BR1 b - - acd 21; acs 0; bm Ne6; c3 "Rg8"; ce -32755; dm -6; pm Ne6; pv Ne6 dxe6 Rg8 hxg6 Qxa2+ Nxa2 Rxg6 Rxg6 Rg8 Rxg8+ Kxg8 Qg7+; 
r5rk/q1pb1p1p/1p1p1PpQ/2nPp2P/2P1P3/2N2P2/Pp6/1K1R1BR1 w - - acd 13; acs 0; bm hxg6; c0 "Vera Menchik vs George Thomas, London, 1932"; c2 "Source: wtharvey.com"; c3 "hxg6"; ce 32756; dm 6; id "wtharvey.com.14007"; pm hxg6; pv hxg6 Qxa2+ Nxa2 Rxg6 Rxg6 Ne6 dxe6 Rg8 Rxg8+ Kxg8 Qg7#; 
r5rk/q1pb1p1p/1p1p1PPQ/2nPp3/2P1P3/2N2P2/Pp6/1K1R1BR1 b - - acd 21; acs 0; bm Rxg6; c3 "fxg6"; ce -32757; dm -5; pm Rxg6; pv Rxg6 Rxg6 Ne6 dxe6 Qxa2+ Nxa2 Rg8 Rxg8+ Kxg8 Qg7+; 
r5rk/q1pb3p/1p1p1PpQ/2nPp3/2P1P3/2N2P2/Pp6/1K1R1BR1 w - - acd 7; acs 0; bm Qxh7+; c0 "level: easy-2"; c3 "Qxh7+"; c4 "Reinfeld.737.1001"; ce 32762; dm 3; id "MG.1914"; pm Qxh7+; pv Qxh7+ Kxh7 Rh1+ Bh3 Rxh3#; 
r5rk/q1pb3Q/1p1p1Pp1/2nPp3/2P1P3/2N2P2/Pp6/1K1R1BR1 b - - acd 21; acs 0; bm Kxh7; ce -32763; dm -2; pm Kxh7; pv Kxh7 Rh1+ Bh3 Rxh3+; 
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.

Chessqueen
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 am
Full name: Nancy M Pichardo

Re: Could this be the best game of all time by a Female Player?

Post by Chessqueen » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:32 am

Dann Corbit wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:05 am
The best women's game of all time will have been played by Judit Polgar against a very strong opponent. If not by her then by Yifan Hou. If not by her, then by Wenjun Ju. If not by her then by Jun Xie

Of course, I am trying to measure greatness as a clash of titans. But greatness could also be measured in terms of an individual brilliancy, depending on how you would like to measure it.

I think Judit Polgar is the best women's player of all time, and by a big margin. But others are more expert than me and probably have an opinion with better backing than I do. But she beat Shirov as black, she beat Kasparov, she beat Karpov. I don't see how a win against George Alan Thomas can measure up against it. He was a really, really good player. But not a superstar.
Rating could be obtain by always playing versus higher rated players, and if you play 80% of your games versus female like Hou Yifan it is harder to break he 2700 barrier, Judith avoided altogether to play versus Female players, but when she faced Hou Yifan back in 2012 when Yifan was very young we all know what happened. Therefore it is NOT all about ratings but how you got your ratings. If Carlsen never faced any players higher than 2400 no matter how many games he win he would not passed 2600, suppose that Carlsen would had been in a remote island where all the players were below 2400 and never exposed to players higher than 2400, Now you get my point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EY8voTdrK4

Dann if all the players that you ever faced were lower than 1800 no matter what your percentage of win even 95%, then you never would had a chance to break pass 2200 or whatever your rating is if it is higher than 2200 FIDE.

That is the problem with players from the Dom. Rep. If they do not get outside of the Island to compete versus higher rated players their ratings would not go much higher
https://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=6405436

The only players from the Dom. Rep. with Visa that once in a while travel to compete are Abreu Jean and Munoz Santana
https://ratings.fide.com/topfed.phtml?ina=1&country=DOM

Uri Blass
Posts: 8273
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Tel-Aviv Israel

Re: Could this be the best game of all time by a Female Player?

Post by Uri Blass » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:45 am

The problem of Hou yifan is not playing against weak opponents.
Hou Yifan does not do well enough against strong opponents to increase her rating.

Maybe it is because she does not invest a lot of time on chess but the facts are that hou Yifan is clearly weaker than the level that Judit Polgar got in the past.

Note also that Hou Yifan won against Judit when Judit was weaker than her best playing strength(not at the time Judit got to the top 10 players of the world).

Here are her last 2 tournaments when she played against strong opponents.
https://ratings.fide.com/individual_cal ... -05-01&t=0

https://ratings.fide.com/individual_cal ... -02-01&t=0

Chessqueen
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 am
Full name: Nancy M Pichardo

Re: Could this be the best game of all time by a Female Player?

Post by Chessqueen » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:25 pm

Uri Blass wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:45 am
The problem of Hou yifan is not playing against weak opponents.
Hou Yifan does not do well enough against strong opponents to increase her rating.

Maybe it is because she does not invest a lot of time on chess but the facts are that hou Yifan is clearly weaker than the level that Judit Polgar got in the past.

Note also that Hou Yifan won against Judit when Judit was weaker than her best playing strength(not at the time Judit got to the top 10 players of the world).

Here are her last 2 tournaments when she played against strong opponents.
https://ratings.fide.com/individual_cal ... -05-01&t=0

https://ratings.fide.com/individual_cal ... -02-01&t=0

You are correct to say that she does not invest enough time to chess and she consider chess as a hobby NOT a career, and she also spent a lot of time in College attending Oxford University, not like Judith that spent her entire young life as a chess professional. This is how GM Giri describe Hou Yifan " The only question was her commitment. "She works less on chess than men," Said Giri, the 12th-ranked player in the world. "She's less prepared." But he sympathized with her situation. "It's hard to progress," he said, "and it's hard to motivate yourself when, as a 15-year-old, you already completed everything in your sport."
http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/206 ... ss-players

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debate ... ity.175479

Again she could had waited until she reaches 45 and then pursue her degree, she will still be young compared to Nola Ochs :D
Nola Ochs (née Hill) (November 22, 1911 – December 9, 2016) was an American woman, from Jetmore, Kansas who in 2007, at age 95, graduated from college and was certified by Guinness World Records as the oldest person in the world to become a college graduate, .

Chessqueen
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 am
Full name: Nancy M Pichardo

Re: Could this be the best game of all time by a Female Player?

Post by Chessqueen » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Chessqueen wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:25 pm
Uri Blass wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:45 am
The problem of Hou yifan is not playing against weak opponents.
Hou Yifan does not do well enough against strong opponents to increase her rating.

Maybe it is because she does not invest a lot of time on chess but the facts are that hou Yifan is clearly weaker than the level that Judit Polgar got in the past.

Note also that Hou Yifan won against Judit when Judit was weaker than her best playing strength(not at the time Judit got to the top 10 players of the world).

Here are her last 2 tournaments when she played against strong opponents.
https://ratings.fide.com/individual_cal ... -05-01&t=0

https://ratings.fide.com/individual_cal ... -02-01&t=0

You are correct to say that she does not invest enough time to chess and she consider chess as a hobby NOT a career, and she also spent a lot of time in College attending Oxford University, not like Judith that spent her entire young life as a chess professional. This is how GM Giri describe Hou Yifan " The only question was her commitment. "She works less on chess than men," Said Giri, the 12th-ranked player in the world. "She's less prepared." But he sympathized with her situation. "It's hard to progress," he said, "and it's hard to motivate yourself when, as a 15-year-old, you already completed everything in your sport."
http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/206 ... ss-players

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debate ... ity.175479

Again she could had waited until she reaches 45 and then pursue her degree, she will still be young compared to Nola Ochs :D
Nola Ochs (née Hill) (November 22, 1911 – December 9, 2016) was an American woman, from Jetmore, Kansas who in 2007, at age 95, graduated from college and was certified by Guinness World Records as the oldest person in the world to become a college graduate, .
My father is 89 and he is attending University and taking 1 to 2 classes every semester with the intention of becoming the oldest male person to get a BS, if GOD give him at least another 7 to 8 years since he started 2 years ago.

Chessqueen
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:16 am
Full name: Nancy M Pichardo

Re: Could this be the best game of all time by a Female Player?

Post by Chessqueen » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:44 pm

Chessqueen wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:58 pm
Chessqueen wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:25 pm
Uri Blass wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:45 am
The problem of Hou yifan is not playing against weak opponents.
Hou Yifan does not do well enough against strong opponents to increase her rating.

Maybe it is because she does not invest a lot of time on chess but the facts are that hou Yifan is clearly weaker than the level that Judit Polgar got in the past.

Note also that Hou Yifan won against Judit when Judit was weaker than her best playing strength(not at the time Judit got to the top 10 players of the world).

Here are her last 2 tournaments when she played against strong opponents.
https://ratings.fide.com/individual_cal ... -05-01&t=0

https://ratings.fide.com/individual_cal ... -02-01&t=0

You are correct to say that she does not invest enough time to chess and she consider chess as a hobby NOT a career, and she also spent a lot of time in College attending Oxford University, not like Judith that spent her entire young life as a chess professional. This is how GM Giri describe Hou Yifan " The only question was her commitment. "She works less on chess than men," Said Giri, the 12th-ranked player in the world. "She's less prepared." But he sympathized with her situation. "It's hard to progress," he said, "and it's hard to motivate yourself when, as a 15-year-old, you already completed everything in your sport."
http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/206 ... ss-players

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debate ... ity.175479

Again she could had waited until she reaches 45 and then pursue her degree, she will still be young compared to Nola Ochs :D
Nola Ochs (née Hill) (November 22, 1911 – December 9, 2016) was an American woman, from Jetmore, Kansas who in 2007, at age 95, graduated from college and was certified by Guinness World Records as the oldest person in the world to become a college graduate, .
My father is 89 and he is attending University and taking 1 to 2 classes every semester with the intention of becoming the oldest male person to get a BS, if GOD give him at least another 7 to 8 years since he started 2 years ago.
Sorry I forgot to provide prof of Nola Ochs
https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/LifeStages/story?id=3167970

Post Reply