Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Nordlandia

Re: Regium Chess — Most likely an elaborate SCAM!!

Post by Nordlandia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:58 am

tmokonen wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:53 pm
Maybe they wanted to show off that their fake device can handle FRC.
Absolutely.

M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:07 am

mwyoung wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:14 pm
If this is an elaborate scam!! I am sold, but how do they get my money? Who is going to buy this without independent reviews.

You do have to admit they do CGI very well for a bunch of scammers. If it is a scam. They need to be selling the CGI or stop motion...well done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjObX4Myzpw&t=16s

It is very obvious that the pieces are 3D projected and not real. Those pieces have been generated by a computer and are not actual pieces. But to be honest, the tech to do something like that doesn't seem too difficult. But if the point of the video was to show a "actual working product" then … yes for sure it is not being honest.

M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:21 am

AdminX wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:27 pm
This is one impressive demo for scam! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3WWuHgIwQ0
OK … now this looks very real unlike the other video. But again … this really does not seem like a big deal to make … the technology to make it happen is there and the only thing stopping such a product being made it enough demand for it. At $1600 … I doubt I would buy it … at $500 I probably would!