Website engines

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, bob, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5641
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Website engines

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:43 pm

chrisw wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:01 am
Rebel wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:44 pm
A try to collect the websites of engine authors among other things.

http://rebel13.nl/download/download-engines.html

1. Engines listed on alphabet, click on the picture to move to the author's web site.

2. ELO's are based on the CCRL 40/2 rating list of June 2020 on a single processor.

3. When a website is not (or no longer) available the last known version will be offered for download.
Are they uci-compliant and checked non-crashing?
The vast majority is UCI, some are winboard. All of the engines have a CCRL rating, so one may assume they are crash free playing games.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

petero2
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:07 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Website engines

Post by petero2 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Hi Ed,

The official Texel repository is actually here:

https://github.com/peterosterlund2/texel

The link you have is from someone else who uploaded source code for released Texel versions (nothing wrong with that) before I made the full Texel history available on github.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5641
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Website engines

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:02 pm

petero2 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:21 pm
Hi Ed,

The official Texel repository is actually here:

https://github.com/peterosterlund2/texel

The link you have is from someone else who uploaded source code for released Texel versions (nothing wrong with that) before I made the full Texel history available on github.
Fixed it.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

chysiddh14
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:34 am
Full name: Siddhartha Chaudhary

Re: Website engines

Post by chysiddh14 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:09 am

it is really helpful ,plz add chess engine from the elo rating also .
can gingko be found here ?

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5641
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Website engines

Post by Rebel » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:33 am

chysiddh14 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:09 am
it is really helpful ,plz add chess engine from the elo rating also .
can gingko be found here ?
Gingko is part of ChessBase and as far as I know doesn't have an own website.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

mhib
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:55 pm
Full name: Marcin Henryk Bartkowiak

Re: Website engines

Post by mhib » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:39 pm

Hi Ed,
Raven https://github.com/sgriffin53/raven/
Might be worth adding; it is actively developed and steadily improving, currently at ~2400 ELO.

User avatar
Ovyron
Posts: 4393
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:30 am

Re: Website engines

Post by Ovyron » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Technically Ginkgo has never been released, we know it's the engine powering Fritz 17, just like Rybka 5 powered Fritz 15 or Rybka 6 powered Fritz 16, but the CCRL doesn't acknowledge rebranding (if they did we'd have Pandix and Fritz 12 on the CCRL's Index as they're unique and unrelated to Ginkgo. Plus Rybka 4 has no reason to be in there since it's just some older version of Fritz 16.)

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5641
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Website engines

Post by Rebel » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:48 am

mhib wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:39 pm
Hi Ed,
Raven https://github.com/sgriffin53/raven/
Might be worth adding; it is actively developed and steadily improving, currently at ~2400 ELO.
Very good.

Consider it done.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Vinvin
Posts: 4764
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:40 am
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Re: Website engines

Post by Vinvin » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:20 pm

It would be nice to have some Chess Tiger (especially Gambit Tiger) UCI versions.
Rebel wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:44 pm
A try to collect the websites of engine authors among other things.

http://rebel13.nl/download/download-engines.html

1. Engines listed on alphabet, click on the picture to move to the author's web site.

2. ELO's are based on the CCRL 40/2 rating list of June 2020 on a single processor.

3. When a website is not (or no longer) available the last known version will be offered for download.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5641
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Website engines

Post by Rebel » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:07 pm

Vinvin wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:20 pm
It would be nice to have some Chess Tiger (especially Gambit Tiger) UCI versions.
I don't have the uci editions and in case I had them, these are copyrighted.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Post Reply