Tucano 7.00 Release - SMP version

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
sedicla
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:51 pm
Location: USA

Tucano 7.00 Release - SMP version

Post by sedicla » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:50 pm

Hello,

Tucano 7.00 is available for download at https://sites.google.com/site/tucanochess

This is the parallel search version (shared hash table implementation).

This version should be much stronger than 6.00, about 90 elo on fast time controls.
Main improvement come from evaluation tuning using Texel method, (big thanks to Peter !) and the usual search and eval improvements, here and there. :)

I will continue working on version 8. There is always room for improvement.

Have fun!

Alcides.

Damir
Posts: 1882
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 pm

Re: Tucano 7.00 Release - SMP version

Post by Damir » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Thanks a lot for the new version Mr Schultz. I hope you continue to improve it. Can you tell use the estimated strength of your engine in terms of elo ? :)

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 2463
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Tucano 7.00 Release - SMP version

Post by Guenther » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:03 pm

sedicla wrote:Hello,

Tucano 7.00 is available for download at https://sites.google.com/site/tucanochess

This is the parallel search version (shared hash table implementation).

This version should be much stronger than 6.00, about 90 elo on fast time controls.
Main improvement come from evaluation tuning using Texel method, (big thanks to Peter !) and the usual search and eval improvements, here and there. :)

I will continue working on version 8. There is always room for improvement.

Have fun!

Alcides.
Thanks for the new release! A no popcount 64 bit compile would be nice.

Guenther

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 31360
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: Tucano 7.00 Release - SMP version

Post by Graham Banks » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Guenther wrote:
sedicla wrote:Hello,

Tucano 7.00 is available for download at https://sites.google.com/site/tucanochess

This is the parallel search version (shared hash table implementation).

This version should be much stronger than 6.00, about 90 elo on fast time controls.
Main improvement come from evaluation tuning using Texel method, (big thanks to Peter !) and the usual search and eval improvements, here and there. :)

I will continue working on version 8. There is always room for improvement.

Have fun!

Alcides.
Thanks for the new release! A no popcount 64 bit compile would be nice.

Guenther
+1
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

sedicla
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: Tucano 7.00 Release - SMP version

Post by sedicla » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:05 pm

Damir wrote:Thanks a lot for the new version Mr Schultz. I hope you continue to improve it. Can you tell use the estimated strength of your engine in terms of elo ? :)
Damir,

Currently tucano is about 2750 in CCRL. I hope it breaks the 2800 mark now :)

Damir
Posts: 1882
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 pm

Re: Tucano 7.00 Release - SMP version

Post by Damir » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Let's cross fingers that it does. :) :) :D

sedicla
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: Tucano 7.00 Release - SMP version

Post by sedicla » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Guenther wrote:
Thanks for the new release! A no popcount 64 bit compile would be nice.

Guenther
Hi Guenther,

Sorry, this is probably unintentional, I didn't use specific popcount feature.
I used the gcc compiler, I need to review the compile parameters.

Let me take a look.

Alcides.

sedicla
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: Tucano 7.00 Release - SMP version

Post by sedicla » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:21 pm

sedicla wrote:
Guenther wrote:
Thanks for the new release! A no popcount 64 bit compile would be nice.

Guenther
Hi Guenther,

Sorry, this is probably unintentional, I didn't use specific popcount feature.
I used the gcc compiler, I need to review the compile parameters.

Let me take a look.

Alcides.
Guenther and Graham,
I recompiled and uploaded the binaries again.
Please try when you have a chance. let me know how it goes.
thanks,
Alcides.

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 2463
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Tucano 7.00 Release - SMP version

Post by Guenther » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:30 pm

sedicla wrote:
sedicla wrote:
Guenther wrote:
Thanks for the new release! A no popcount 64 bit compile would be nice.

Guenther
Hi Guenther,

Sorry, this is probably unintentional, I didn't use specific popcount feature.
I used the gcc compiler, I need to review the compile parameters.

Let me take a look.

Alcides.
Guenther and Graham,
I recompiled and uploaded the binaries again.
Please try when you have a chance. let me know how it goes.
thanks,
Alcides.
It goes well :) Thanks Alcides!

Guenther

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 31360
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: Tucano 7.00 Release - SMP version

Post by Graham Banks » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:09 pm

Guenther wrote:
sedicla wrote:
sedicla wrote:
Guenther wrote:
Thanks for the new release! A no popcount 64 bit compile would be nice.

Guenther
Hi Guenther,

Sorry, this is probably unintentional, I didn't use specific popcount feature.
I used the gcc compiler, I need to review the compile parameters.

Let me take a look.

Alcides.
Guenther and Graham,
I recompiled and uploaded the binaries again.
Please try when you have a chance. let me know how it goes.
thanks,
Alcides.
It goes well :) Thanks Alcides!

Guenther
+1 again. :)
Looking forward to testing Tucano 7.00.
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

Post Reply