Kramnik has a point

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Alexander Schmidt

Re: Kramnik has a point

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

towforce wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:55 am the only way I can think of to do that would be to take control of the Chess.com game playing UI
Chess.com can recognize all kind of automated move inputs. Chess.com recognizes all kind of background processes. Chess.com is probably able to see if someone else is using your account just by the way you use your mouse. It's for sure not trivial to create a cheating software, you will get banned 1000 times before you will have something working, anyway chess.com will find out one day.
LucianGVx
Full name: Rene Garza

Post by LucianGVx »

Hikaru is a genius but he was born in Carlsen's time. Since the early 2000s, Hikaru has shown a high level of online gaming. He was able to tie or beat Rybka.

In chess a psychological aspect happens when you play against a famous and very strong player; You tend to have a certain bias. Thinking all your opponent's moves are better than they really are.
towforce

Post by towforce »

Carlsen won 10 games in a row to win Superbet Rapid & Blitz Tournament in Warsaw.

Very suspicious: Kramnik should contact the tournament referee. :)

https://en.chessbase.com/post/superbet-poland-2024-d5

The simple reveals itself after the complex has been exhausted.
CornfedForever
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Post by CornfedForever »

LucianGVx wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:41 pm
In chess a psychological aspect happens when you play against a famous and very strong player; You tend to have a certain bias. Thinking all your opponent's moves are better than they really are.
Indeed, Nakamura refers to this many times a week in his streams. Ironically, I think online, the same is true for opponents playing him.
That's kind of hard to measure....so not something Kramnik would want to dwell on.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Come to think about it, I wonder if he (Kramnik) did an analysis of Bathroom-Gate.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Post by CornfedForever »

AdminX wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:45 pm Come to think about it, I wonder if he (Kramnik) did an analysis of Bathroom-Gate.
:lol:
Well, I think he only transforms into The Cheatfinder General when he has lost...he ended up winning that match. But yes...the accusation was made so it would only be fair to investigate himself.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063285/