Fritz 19 Changelog

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

User avatar
cc2150dx
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:51 am
Location: Canada
Full name: Jason Coombs

Re: Fritz 19 Changelog

Post by cc2150dx »

cc2150dx wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:11 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:44 pm 19.3
- Right click -> "Play from here" in DatabaseBook.
- Board in DatabaseBook.
19.4
- Playing against a database book: Signal if out of book.
- Easy game sometimes crashed on exit.
- Disable buddy in analysis functions.
- In engine matches the engine window was cleared after the move.
- Easy game could reach a state where the user could not enter moves any more.
- In easy game an engine could remain loaded in the background after using infinite analysis.
- Graphical error in save dialog.
- Toggling buddy several times could lead to non-responsive system.
19.5
- Fixed speech to text.
- DX12: Floating captured pieces fixed
- DX12: Max zoom out fixed
- Notifications: Better looking Card Notification
- Fixed search for player with full name.
Eduard
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:58 am
Location: Germany
Full name: N.N.

Re: Fritz 19 Changelog

Post by Eduard »

My days with the Fritz 19 GUI are numbered. The latest update version 5 doesn't help with that either. I probably won't renew my accounts anymore. I only play on Lichess, also with some bots. I can even follow all my own engine games live on my smartphone via Lichess tv.

I was just on the PlayChess server. I counted 15 playing accounts. Why so few? ChessBase is letting us down. Yesterday a sysop in the engine room said that he wasn't interested in cheaters, and Chessbase wasn't interested in giving the 50 people in the engine room a clean environment to play. Everyone can do whatever they want. A player has just achieved 3500 Elo, no one has ever been that high. This is only possible if you cheat and play against yourself. Our request to the sysop to ban such a player was rejected. :cry:

If you want to read all about it in detail, you can do so on my homepage here:
https://solistachess.jimdosite.com/solista-news/

Another server is slowly dying... (after InfinityChess has already closed). Sad.
CornfedForever
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:08 am
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Re: Fritz 19 Changelog

Post by CornfedForever »

Eduard wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:04 am

I was just on the PlayChess server. I counted 15 playing accounts. Why so few?
Perhaps because 99.9% of users play real, human chess?
Eduard
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:58 am
Location: Germany
Full name: N.N.

Re: Fritz 19 Changelog

Post by Eduard »

The fact is that there are currently around 160 bots online on Lichess and at the best of times on PlayChess there are only 30 to 40 players present in the engine room. There are currently 490 players in the main playing hall. On Lichess currently 110.000 thousand.

Soon there will be even fewer people in the engine room if ChessBase doesn't change the rules.

To play as a human (even in the engine room) you don't need a Fritz program. ChessBase 16 or 17 is sufficient. This also allows you to log into the server because the GUI is like Fritz 19. If I stop playing on PlayChess soon, I can use CB 16 and uninstall Fritz. Fritz is just better for people who want to play ENG vs ENG when there are still opponents online. There are also other GUIs for offline tests. Then I can uninstall Fritz forever.
User avatar
cc2150dx
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:51 am
Location: Canada
Full name: Jason Coombs

Re: Fritz 19 Changelog

Post by cc2150dx »

cc2150dx wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:00 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:11 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:44 pm 19.3
- Right click -> "Play from here" in DatabaseBook.
- Board in DatabaseBook.
19.4
- Playing against a database book: Signal if out of book.
- Easy game sometimes crashed on exit.
- Disable buddy in analysis functions.
- In engine matches the engine window was cleared after the move.
- Easy game could reach a state where the user could not enter moves any more.
- In easy game an engine could remain loaded in the background after using infinite analysis.
- Graphical error in save dialog.
- Toggling buddy several times could lead to non-responsive system.
19.5
- Fixed speech to text.
- DX12: Floating captured pieces fixed
- DX12: Max zoom out fixed
- Notifications: Better looking Card Notification
- Fixed search for player with full name.
19.6
- Fixed PGN conversion of newlines to blanks in annotations.
- Fixed PGN read unicode files.
- Add evaluation in analysis to clipboard.
- Fixed back in database texts.
User avatar
cc2150dx
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:51 am
Location: Canada
Full name: Jason Coombs

Re: Fritz 19 Changelog

Post by cc2150dx »

cc2150dx wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:30 am
cc2150dx wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:00 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:11 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:44 pm 19.3
- Right click -> "Play from here" in DatabaseBook.
- Board in DatabaseBook.
19.4
- Playing against a database book: Signal if out of book.
- Easy game sometimes crashed on exit.
- Disable buddy in analysis functions.
- In engine matches the engine window was cleared after the move.
- Easy game could reach a state where the user could not enter moves any more.
- In easy game an engine could remain loaded in the background after using infinite analysis.
- Graphical error in save dialog.
- Toggling buddy several times could lead to non-responsive system.
19.5
- Fixed speech to text.
- DX12: Floating captured pieces fixed
- DX12: Max zoom out fixed
- Notifications: Better looking Card Notification
- Fixed search for player with full name.
19.6
- Fixed PGN conversion of newlines to blanks in annotations.
- Fixed PGN read unicode files.
- Add evaluation in analysis to clipboard.
- Fixed back in database texts.
19.7 ( publiziert am: 11.3.2024 )
- Fixed remove deleted games.
User avatar
cc2150dx
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:51 am
Location: Canada
Full name: Jason Coombs

Re: Fritz 19 Changelog

Post by cc2150dx »

cc2150dx wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:53 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:30 am
cc2150dx wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:00 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:11 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:44 pm 19.3
- Right click -> "Play from here" in DatabaseBook.
- Board in DatabaseBook.
19.4
- Playing against a database book: Signal if out of book.
- Easy game sometimes crashed on exit.
- Disable buddy in analysis functions.
- In engine matches the engine window was cleared after the move.
- Easy game could reach a state where the user could not enter moves any more.
- In easy game an engine could remain loaded in the background after using infinite analysis.
- Graphical error in save dialog.
- Toggling buddy several times could lead to non-responsive system.
19.5
- Fixed speech to text.
- DX12: Floating captured pieces fixed
- DX12: Max zoom out fixed
- Notifications: Better looking Card Notification
- Fixed search for player with full name.
19.6
- Fixed PGN conversion of newlines to blanks in annotations.
- Fixed PGN read unicode files.
- Add evaluation in analysis to clipboard.
- Fixed back in database texts.
19.7 ( publiziert am: 11.3.2024 )
- Fixed remove deleted games.
19.8 ( publiziert am: 19.3.2024 )
- Fixed error in new 2d board.
- Fixed drag and drop scroll in lists with large fonts.
User avatar
cc2150dx
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:51 am
Location: Canada
Full name: Jason Coombs

Re: Fritz 19 Changelog

Post by cc2150dx »

cc2150dx wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:10 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:53 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:30 am
cc2150dx wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:00 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:11 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:44 pm 19.3
- Right click -> "Play from here" in DatabaseBook.
- Board in DatabaseBook.
19.4
- Playing against a database book: Signal if out of book.
- Easy game sometimes crashed on exit.
- Disable buddy in analysis functions.
- In engine matches the engine window was cleared after the move.
- Easy game could reach a state where the user could not enter moves any more.
- In easy game an engine could remain loaded in the background after using infinite analysis.
- Graphical error in save dialog.
- Toggling buddy several times could lead to non-responsive system.
19.5
- Fixed speech to text.
- DX12: Floating captured pieces fixed
- DX12: Max zoom out fixed
- Notifications: Better looking Card Notification
- Fixed search for player with full name.
19.6
- Fixed PGN conversion of newlines to blanks in annotations.
- Fixed PGN read unicode files.
- Add evaluation in analysis to clipboard.
- Fixed back in database texts.
19.7 ( publiziert am: 11.3.2024 )
- Fixed remove deleted games.
19.8 ( publiziert am: 19.3.2024 )
- Fixed error in new 2d board.
- Fixed drag and drop scroll in lists with large fonts.
19.10
- Fixed click on game list link in database texts.

19.9
- Fixed new 2d board in high contrast.
- Bug loading huge game from PGN.
- Bug in giveaway chess.
- Improved display of tables in text annotations.
- Fixed blunder check after tactical analysis.
CornfedForever
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:08 am
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Re: Fritz 19 Changelog

Post by CornfedForever »

Similarly in Chessbase 17:

CB 17.24
- Fixed new 2d board in high contrast mode.
- Bug loading huge game from PGN.
- Merging annotators could overwrite player names.
- Bug in giveaway chess.
- Improved display of tables in text annotations.
- Crash program start after login.
User avatar
cc2150dx
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:51 am
Location: Canada
Full name: Jason Coombs

Re: Fritz 19 Changelog

Post by cc2150dx »

cc2150dx wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:51 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:10 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:53 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:30 am
cc2150dx wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:00 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:11 pm
cc2150dx wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:44 pm 19.3
- Right click -> "Play from here" in DatabaseBook.
- Board in DatabaseBook.
19.4
- Playing against a database book: Signal if out of book.
- Easy game sometimes crashed on exit.
- Disable buddy in analysis functions.
- In engine matches the engine window was cleared after the move.
- Easy game could reach a state where the user could not enter moves any more.
- In easy game an engine could remain loaded in the background after using infinite analysis.
- Graphical error in save dialog.
- Toggling buddy several times could lead to non-responsive system.
19.5
- Fixed speech to text.
- DX12: Floating captured pieces fixed
- DX12: Max zoom out fixed
- Notifications: Better looking Card Notification
- Fixed search for player with full name.
19.6
- Fixed PGN conversion of newlines to blanks in annotations.
- Fixed PGN read unicode files.
- Add evaluation in analysis to clipboard.
- Fixed back in database texts.
19.7 ( publiziert am: 11.3.2024 )
- Fixed remove deleted games.
19.8 ( publiziert am: 19.3.2024 )
- Fixed error in new 2d board.
- Fixed drag and drop scroll in lists with large fonts.
19.10
- Fixed click on game list link in database texts.

19.9
- Fixed new 2d board in high contrast.
- Bug loading huge game from PGN.
- Bug in giveaway chess.
- Improved display of tables in text annotations.
- Fixed blunder check after tactical analysis.
19.12
- Regression: Remove deleted games.
- Improved play against characters.

19.11
- Flip board in database book.
- Figurine in database book.
- Improved database performance.
- Bug in annotation string of engine.