Stockfish Antichess need to be reprogrammed

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chessqueen
Posts: 5685
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:16 am
Location: Moving
Full name: Jorge Picado

Stockfish Antichess need to be reprogrammed

Post by Chessqueen »

Stockfish is leading in most variants, but need to be reprogrammed since players rated less than 2300 in Antichess are stronger at the moment. Therefore, Stockfish needs a good Antichess opening in order to be able to beat the current Antichess top player who defeated Stockfish on this video. A good Antichess opening should raise Stockfish by at least 50 rating points, which will be sufficient to beat the current top Antichess player.


Stockfish defeated by a 2279 rated at Antichess
Russian believe that they are special, that they can Kill thousands of Ukranian civilians, but cry like babies when a few Russian...
Viz
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:24 am
Full name: Michael Chaly

Re: Stockfish Antichess need to be reprogrammed

Post by Viz »

Stockfish itself doesn't even support antichess as well as any other chess variant apart from FRC/DFRC.
What supports them is fairy stockfish which was developed by like 1 person and I have 0 idea if it's any longer developed at all.
Chessqueen
Posts: 5685
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:16 am
Location: Moving
Full name: Jorge Picado

Re: Stockfish Antichess need to be reprogrammed

Post by Chessqueen »

Viz wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:45 pm Stockfish itself doesn't even support antichess as well as any other chess variant apart from FRC/DFRC.
What supports them is fairy stockfish which was developed by like 1 person and I have 0 idea if it's any longer developed at all.
I just logged in Lichess clicked to play a computer under freestyle selected variants then Antichess and Stockfish was the only engine available, it gave me different levels of difficulty and I selected level 5 which is about my level. https://lichess.org/study/iXsuK2w0/WkZ8 ... MTZieXRlcw
Russian believe that they are special, that they can Kill thousands of Ukranian civilians, but cry like babies when a few Russian...
Viz
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:24 am
Full name: Michael Chaly

Re: Stockfish Antichess need to be reprogrammed

Post by Viz »

Chessqueen wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:40 pm
Viz wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:45 pm Stockfish itself doesn't even support antichess as well as any other chess variant apart from FRC/DFRC.
What supports them is fairy stockfish which was developed by like 1 person and I have 0 idea if it's any longer developed at all.
I just logged in Lichess clicked to play a computer under freestyle selected variants then Antichess and Stockfish was the only engine available, it gave me different levels of difficulty and I selected level 5 which is about my level. https://lichess.org/study/iXsuK2w0/WkZ8 ... MTZieXRlcw
I don't give a single crap about what you see in options.
Official stockfish DOESNT support antichess, crazyhouse, anything.
It's all fairy stockfish and you actually can even see this in lichess info.
When will you stop polluting this forum with degenerate posts produced by your severe lack of common sense?
Chessqueen
Posts: 5685
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:16 am
Location: Moving
Full name: Jorge Picado

Re: Stockfish Antichess need to be reprogrammed

Post by Chessqueen »

Viz wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:20 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:40 pm
Viz wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:45 pm Stockfish itself doesn't even support antichess as well as any other chess variant apart from FRC/DFRC.
What supports them is fairy stockfish which was developed by like 1 person and I have 0 idea if it's any longer developed at all.
I just logged in Lichess clicked to play a computer under freestyle selected variants then Antichess and Stockfish was the only engine available, it gave me different levels of difficulty and I selected level 5 which is about my level. https://lichess.org/study/iXsuK2w0/WkZ8 ... MTZieXRlcw
I don't give a single crap about what you see in options.
Official stockfish DOESNT support antichess, crazyhouse, anything.
It's all fairy stockfish and you actually can even see this in lichess info.
When will you stop polluting this forum with degenerate posts produced by your severe lack of common sense?
I never ever wrote anything about the Official Stockfish. I even posted a link from YouTube where the current top rated Antichess player defeated Stockfish or a very weak fairy Stockfish version, but it is still a version of Stockfish and NOT any other known engine.. Ok to be fair, normal SF does NOT support Atomic, Koth, Antichess Three-Check and horde either, but the clever people from lichess implemented it successfully.


Russian believe that they are special, that they can Kill thousands of Ukranian civilians, but cry like babies when a few Russian...
Chessqueen
Posts: 5685
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:16 am
Location: Moving
Full name: Jorge Picado

Re: Stockfish Antichess need to be reprogrammed

Post by Chessqueen »

Chessqueen wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:43 pm
Viz wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:20 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:40 pm
Viz wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:45 pm Stockfish itself doesn't even support antichess as well as any other chess variant apart from FRC/DFRC.
What supports them is fairy stockfish which was developed by like 1 person and I have 0 idea if it's any longer developed at all.
I just logged in Lichess clicked to play a computer under freestyle selected variants then Antichess and Stockfish was the only engine available, it gave me different levels of difficulty and I selected level 5 which is about my level. https://lichess.org/study/iXsuK2w0/WkZ8 ... MTZieXRlcw
I don't give a single crap about what you see in options.
Official stockfish DOESNT support antichess, crazyhouse, anything.
It's all fairy stockfish and you actually can even see this in lichess info.
When will you stop polluting this forum with degenerate posts produced by your severe lack of common sense?
I never ever wrote anything about the Official Stockfish. I even posted a link from YouTube where the current top rated Antichess player defeated Stockfish or a very weak fairy Stockfish version, but it is still a version of Stockfish and NOT any other known engine.. Ok to be fair, normal SF does NOT support Atomic, Koth, Antichess Three-Check and horde either, but the clever people from lichess implemented it successfully. Stockfish is considered one of the best chess engines in the world and is a good choice for playing Anti Chess. The SriMethan/Anti-Fairy project is another engine that supports a variety of chess-like games, including Anti Chess, and uses Stockfish's search capabilities.


Russian believe that they are special, that they can Kill thousands of Ukranian civilians, but cry like babies when a few Russian...
Chessqueen
Posts: 5685
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:16 am
Location: Moving
Full name: Jorge Picado

Re: Stockfish Antichess need to be reprogrammed

Post by Chessqueen »

This is what happens to GMs when they try to become great chess players at standard and Giveaway chess. GM Vidit has been trying to improve his Antichess skills lately so he can become the top Antichess player of all time according to an interview by chessbase india. He has been practicing Giveaway chess with other top GMs. This is what happen when you try to become "Jack of all trades, master of none GM Vidit wanted to sacrifice his King so he could beat Naka easy by eliminating all of his pieces. :shock:

Here you see GM Vidit practicing his Giveaway chess skills with another GM from India
Russian believe that they are special, that they can Kill thousands of Ukranian civilians, but cry like babies when a few Russian...