Where is Father famous anti computer chess player

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lkaufman

Re: Where is Father famous anti computer chess player

Post by lkaufman »

frcha wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:46 pm Thanks!

Can you play against Komodo Dragon 2?

Or go for any more wins/draws against Stockfish 14?

A win is a win regardless of time forfeit due to ui bugs - those are just silly excuses by totalitarians trying to put down freedom loving players!
I suggest that "Father" play against the top bots on chess.com, which are basically Komodo (pre-dragon) doing ten ply searches with a few mods. If you play them informally you can take all the time you want, while they will play roughly game in one second (although I think there is a 0.1 second per move lag imposed by chess.com to make it look like the moves aren't instantaneous. So no one will ever win on time, and you will still be playing an engine with estimated Rapid ratings in the ballpark of 2700 or so. I really don't know if you can still get draws with your stonewall or not, worth trying to find out. Komodo should be relatively good at avoiding this, even playing at game in one second! Also, it is free and very easy to do.
Komodo rules!
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

lkaufman wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:34 pm

A win is a win regardless of time forfeit due to ui bugs - those are just silly excuses by totalitarians trying to put down freedom loving players!
I suggest that "Father" play against the top bots on chess.com, which are basically Komodo (pre-dragon) doing ten ply searches with a few mods. If you play them informally you can take all the time you want, while they will play roughly game in one second (although I think there is a 0.1 second per move lag imposed by chess.com to make it look like the moves aren't instantaneous. So no one will ever win on time, and you will still be playing an engine with estimated Rapid ratings in the ballpark of 2700 or so. I really don't know if you can still get draws with your stonewall or not, worth trying to find out. Komodo should be relatively good at avoiding this, even playing at game in one second! Also, it is free and very easy to do.
Where is the direct link to Komodo bot on chess.com I would like to play against it, and how do you set it to play in the ballpark of 1940 t0 1960 ratings, or should I ask how many ply searches should Komodo be set to play against me, 4, 5 or 6 ply searches?
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:32 am

Where is the direct link to Komodo bot on chess.com I would like to play against it, and how do you set it to play in the ballpark of 1940 t0 1960 ratings, or should I ask how many ply searches should Komodo be set to play against me, 4, 5 or 6 ply searches?
https://www.chess.com/play/computer

Click on a picture of a personality, and it will show an estimated rating. For example, "Olga" is 1900, "Li" is 2000. These estimates assume rather fast play by the human, perhaps game in ten minutes roughly, so if you take more time than that you should select a rating higher than your own. So maybe start with a 2000 bot and raise or lower as necessary. The ratings aren't that accurate, but they shouldn't be way off if you play at fast Rapid speed. If you do play the bots, let us know which ones are a fair match and roughly how much time you spent on each game on average.
Komodo rules!
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

lkaufman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:09 am

Click on a picture of a personality, and it will show an estimated rating. For example, "Olga" is 1900, "Li" is 2000. These estimates assume rather fast play by the human, perhaps game in ten minutes roughly, so if you take more time than that you should select a rating higher than your own. So maybe start with a 2000 bot and raise or lower as necessary. The ratings aren't that accurate, but they shouldn't be way off if you play at fast Rapid speed. If you do play the bots, let us know which ones are a fair match and roughly how much time you spent on each game on average.
I tried but chess.com wants me to register before I can play Li or Olga, it does NOT let you play without being register, but I do have a question. Will you next version of Komodo offer elo ratings where people can select a desire elo to play against it. ?
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:59 am
lkaufman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:09 am

I tried but chess.com wants me to register before I can play Li or Olga, it does NOT let you play without being register, but I do have a question. Will you next version of Komodo offer elo ratings where people can select a desire elo to play against it. ?
We have a way now to do that, only problem is getting human data. Can’t promise it will make next release. Chess.com registration is free.
Komodo rules!
Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Post by Father »

I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
Father

Post by Father »

Thank you Larry. A very good place. I played as a guest versus a computer in level “25” … what a very good engine !! This engine is an “ anti anti chess computer chess player”…
Thanks.
Pablo
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

Father wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:47 am Thank you Larry. A very good place. I played as a guest versus a computer in level “25” … what a very good engine !! This engine is an “ anti anti chess computer chess player”…
Thanks.
Pablo
How were you able to play in Level 25 as a guest, it does not let me do it unless I register ?
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Father wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:47 am Thank you Larry. A very good place. I played as a guest versus a computer in level “25” … what a very good engine !! This engine is an “ anti anti chess computer chess player”…
Thanks.
Pablo
computer level 25 is just normal Komodo (pre-dragon, maybe close to version 14) running at full strength but only on one core, perhaps with a higher than normal Contempt setting. You are right that we have made special effort to program it to play well against humans and to avoid totally blocked drawn positions (unless we are otherwise losing). I give you credit for being a motivating factor in doing this.
Komodo rules!
Father

Post by Father »

Chessqueen wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:55 am
Thanks.
Pablo
How were you able to play in Level 25 as a guest, it does not let me do it unless I register ?
Hello Chessqueen

Here: at the end select 25 cállenge and there is an pit in maximun level to 3200 elo the computer power …