It is White to play what do you play here ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

It is White to play what do you play here ?

Post by Chessqueen »

Please do not cheat by using one of your top engines. this puzzle was given to a 10 years old prodigy and he solved it in 5 seconds. I noticed that the majority of of the members of this forum are lazy and immediately use their engine, but remember this was solved by a 10 years old prodigy 7 years ago. :roll:

[d]2k5/kp6/p7/1P6/8/8/7P/8 w - - 0 1
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
Karlo Bala
Full name: Karlo Balla

Re: It is White to play what do you play here ?

Post by Karlo Bala »

Chessqueen wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:27 pm Please do not cheat by using one of your top engines. this puzzle was given to a 10 years old prodigy and he solved it in 5 seconds. I noticed that the majority of of the members of this forum are lazy and immediately use their engine, but remember this was solved by a 10 years old prodigy 7 years ago. :roll:

[d]2k5/kp6/p7/1P6/8/8/7P/8 w - - 0 1
With 2 black kings on the board, I doubt any engine would be useful...
Best Regards,
Karlo Balla Jr.
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

Karlo Bala wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:43 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:27 pm Please do not cheat by using one of your top engines. this puzzle was given to a 10 years old prodigy and he solved it in 5 seconds. I noticed that the majority of of the members of this forum are lazy and immediately use their engine, but remember this was solved by a 10 years old prodigy 7 years ago. :roll:
With 2 black kings on the board, I doubt any engine would be useful...
This was not meant to be solved by any engine, remember that a 10 years old solved it in 5 seconds. Sorry this is the position :oops:
[d]2K5/kp6/p7/1P6/8/8/7P/8 w - - 0 1
Jhoravi

Post by Jhoravi »

b6+ without thinking much
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

Jhoravi wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:27 pm b6+ without thinking much
Congratulations, in reality Nihal at the age of 10 solved it instantly as you can observe this video ==>
Spliffjiffer

Post by Spliffjiffer »

i cant remember well and i didnt klick the vidio...but as far as i can remember the same theme works when the white king stands on d8...its also won if i remember correctly...try to solve this instead and your head is burning ;-)
Wahrheiten sind Illusionen von denen wir aber vergessen haben dass sie welche sind.
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

Spliffjiffer wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:29 pm i cant remember well and i didnt klick the vidio...but as far as i can remember the same theme works when the white king stands on d8...its also won if i remember correctly...try to solve this instead and your head is burning ;-)
This is the Kid who was 10 years old when he had a quick solving mind https://chessbase.in/news/54th-Biel-Int ... itz-report

And here he is when he was only 15 years old beating the next World Champion contender GM Nepomniachtchi
Ajedrecista

Re: It is white to play, what do you play here?

Post by Ajedrecista »

Hello:

I also played 1.- b6+. The key is not allowing to crown a black pawn in b1 in the same move (i.e. next ply) than the white pawn in h8, because h8=Q controls a1 but not b1.
Spliffjiffer wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:29 pm i cant remember well and i didnt klick the vidio...but as far as i can remember the same theme works when the white king stands on d8...its also won if i remember correctly...try to solve this instead and your head is burning ;-)
I searched the position and it looks like the original problem had the white king in d8 in fact:

https://yacpdb.org/#337324

There is a nice research of the problem at a chess forum that I was not aware until now (ChessProblem.net):

Source of a Problem

I highly recommend reading that thread because it shows other very interesting related issues.

Regards from Spain.

Ajedrecista.
Chessqueen

Re: It is white to play, what do you play here?

Post by Chessqueen »

Ajedrecista wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:51 pm Hello:

I also played 1.- b6+. The key is not allowing to crown a black pawn in b1 in the same move (i.e. next ply) than the white pawn in h8, because h8=Q controls a1 but not b1.
I searched the position and it looks like the original problem had the white king in d8 in fact:

Regards from Spain.

Ajedrecista.

This position was presented to Young Nihal Sarin when he was 10 years old and if you look at the video the King was NOT in d8 as it was presented to him. Esta posición se le presentó al joven Nihal Sarin cuando tenía 10 años y si miras el video, el Rey NO estaba en d8 cuando se le presentó.

Some people are just born to have a great chess mind, amazing how fast he solved it, and when he reached 15 years he was paired vs GM Nepo , yes the next challenger to Carlsen title, and see how Young Nihal beat GM Nepo in Blitz. What a sharp tactical mind, he left GM Nepomniachtchi furious or surprised to be beaten looking left and right. and if you noticed young Nihal spent most of the time observing Firouza game on his right :shock: