ChessBase have read the letter!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
Harvey Williamson

ChessBase have read the letter!

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:56 pm

1 point for Rajlich? He should concentrate on CHESS and not writing open letters

The statement above was said to all by ChessBase sys op Holger Lieske while they were trying to concentrate on playing in Freestyle - outrageous.

User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5785
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: ChessBase have read the letter!

Post by AdminX » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:39 pm

Okay Harvey,

Can you fill me in on the details of what happened? Thanks in advance!

Ted Summers
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

Harvey Williamson

Re: ChessBase have read the letter!

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:41 pm

AdminX wrote:Okay Harvey,

Can you fill me in on the details of what happened? Thanks in advance!

Ted Summers
That was it sys op arrived in room - made this comment and left.

Uri Blass
Posts: 9111
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Tel-Aviv Israel

Re: ChessBase have read the letter!

Post by Uri Blass » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:42 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:1 point for Rajlich? He should concentrate on CHESS and not writing open letters

The statement above was said to all by ChessBase sys op Holger Lieske while they were trying to concentrate on playing in Freestyle - outrageous.
If I understand correctly it was after vasik had 1 out of 2 points in the free style tournament.

Now it seems that he is going to have 3 out of 4.


ChessChryssy - Rajlich (1765)
6th Freestyle, Main Event, Round 3 playchess.com #099683 (1.1), 02.06.2007

1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 a6 6.Be3 e5 7.Nb3 Be6 8.f3 Be7 9.Qd2 0-0 10.0-0-0 Nbd7 11.g4 b5 12.g5 b4 13.Ne2 Ne8 14.f4 a5 15.f5 a4 16.fxe6 axb3 17.exf7+ Rxf7 18.Kb1 bxc2+ 19.Kxc2 Nb6 20.Nc1 d5 21.exd5 Nd6 22.Kb1 Nbc4 23.Bxc4 Nxc4 24.Qe2 Qc8 25.Rhe1 b3 26.axb3 Nxe3 27.Qxe3 Bb4 28.Qxe5 Bxe1 29.Rxe1 Qf5+ 30.Re4 Qxe5 31.Rxe5 Rf1 32.Re4 Ra5 33.h4 Rxd5 34.Kc2 Rc5+ 35.Rc4 Rxc4+ 36.bxc4 Rf4 37.Kc3 Rxh4 38.b4 Kf7 39.b5 Ke6 40.Nd3 h5 41.gxh6 gxh6 42.c5 Kd5 43.b6 Kc6 44.Ne5+ Kb7 45.Nc4 h5 46.Nd6+ Kc6 47.b7 Kc7 48.c6 Rf4 ChessChryssy gibt auf (Lag: Av=0.24s, max=1.8s) 0-1

[Event "6th Freestyle, Main Event, Round 3"]
[Site "playchess.com #099683"]
[Date "2007.06.02"]
[Round "1.1"]
[White "Rajlich"]
[Black "Bychamp_II, Rybka 2.3.1 mp"]
[Result "*"]
[WhiteElo "2572"]
[BlackElo "2579"]
[PlyCount "71"]
[EventDate "2007.06.02"]
[EventType "rapid"]

1. e4 {10} c5 {0} 2. Nf3 {18} d6 {0} 3. d4 {6} cxd4 {0} 4. Nxd4 {6} Nf6 {0} 5.
Nc3 {2} a6 {0} 6. Be3 {14} e6 {0} 7. f3 {11} b5 {0} 8. Qd2 {17} Nbd7 {0} 9. g4
{11} b4 {0} 10. Nce2 {27} Ne5 {0} 11. Ng3 {91} h6 {120} 12. Qxb4 {727} d5 {96}
13. Qc3 {12} Bd7 {312} 14. O-O-O {61} Rc8 {75} 15. Qd2 {998} Bc5 {0} 16. Nh5 {9
} O-O {136} 17. Rg1 {10} dxe4 {88} 18. Nxf6+ {17} Qxf6 {103} 19. g5 {10} hxg5 {
29} 20. Bxg5 {10} Nd3+ {92} 21. Bxd3 {10} Qxd4 {29} 22. Bh6 {5} Qxd3 {117} 23.
cxd3 {277} Be3+ {88} 24. Kb1 {11} Bxd2 {99} 25. Rxd2 {9} exf3 {68} 26. Bxg7 {15
} Rfe8 {16} 27. Be5+ {496} Kh7 {74} 28. Rg3 {9} Rg8 {58} 29. Rh3+ {11} Kg6 {157
} 30. Rxf3 {9} f5 {85} 31. Rh3 {12} Bc6 {48} 32. Rd1 {11} Kf7 {136} 33. Rh7+ {
11} Kg6 {174} 34. Ra7 {186} Kh5 {243} 35. Rxa6 {8} Bb5 {60} 36. Rd6 {37} *


Uri

Harvey Williamson

Re: ChessBase have read the letter!

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:44 pm

Uri Blass wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:1 point for Rajlich? He should concentrate on CHESS and not writing open letters

The statement above was said to all by ChessBase sys op Holger Lieske while they were trying to concentrate on playing in Freestyle - outrageous.
If I understand correctly it was after vasik had 1 out of 2 points in the free style tournament.


Uri
Correct!

Tobias Lagemann

Re: ChessBase have read the letter!

Post by Tobias Lagemann » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Hi Harvey,

thank you for qouting H. Lieskes statement.

But: H. Lieske is H. Lieske and not chessbase. Okay, he's sys op for chessbase, but first of all he his H. Lieske.

So it isn't proven that chessbase has read the letter (or the Fide ...).

Nevertheless, a nice statement by H. Lieske. :roll: Seems to me H. Lieske should concentrate making his JOB and not writing open readable attacks on playchess users.

Tobias

Christopher Conkie
Posts: 6073
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:34 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: ChessBase have read the letter!

Post by Christopher Conkie » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:15 pm

Tobias Lagemann wrote:Hi Harvey,

thank you for qouting H. Lieskes statement.

But: H. Lieske is H. Lieske and not chessbase. Okay, he's sys op for chessbase, but first of all he his H. Lieske.

So it isn't proven that chessbase has read the letter (or the Fide ...).

Nevertheless, a nice statement by H. Lieske. :roll: Seems to me H. Lieske should concentrate making his JOB and not writing open readable attacks on playchess users.

Tobias
Well said Tobias!

Regards

Christopher

Christopher Conkie
Posts: 6073
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:34 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: ChessBase have read the letter!

Post by Christopher Conkie » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:46 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
AdminX wrote:Okay Harvey,

Can you fill me in on the details of what happened? Thanks in advance!

Ted Summers
That was it sys op arrived in room - made this comment and left.
What do you expect from Holger Lieske?

The best idea is to post everywhere your experience of this loose cannon.

He deserves it and ChessBase deserve him.

They suit each other perfectly.

Post Reply