Chess Pro - with coach By Christophe Théron -- FreeToday /

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Re: Chess Pro - with coach By Christophe Théron -- FreeTod

Post by mclane » Mon May 20, 2013 4:27 pm

We today use. Mobiles, Pads and Sticks. Pc is Out.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....

fern

Post by fern » Mon May 20, 2013 4:32 pm

In fact it is not a matter of price, but of use. I have no use for those machines. I do not see the need to be "connected" all the time.

Fern

fern

Post by fern » Mon May 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Passe? I do not see that way. It works for me good.

I use a 1999 car regards
Fern

Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver » Mon May 20, 2013 5:04 pm

fern wrote:In fact it is not a matter of price, but of use. I have no use for those machines. I do not see the need to be "connected" all the time.

Fern
I think you are very confused. I have a tablet and do NO social networking of any kind to be 'connected'. Yet I use it pretty much every single day. I would say that 90% of my use of it is down to reading and online chess playing. Tablets are purest heaven for people who love to read and to be honest, of those two activities, reading is by far what I spend the most time using it for. I do a lot of chess reading on it too of course.

Albert
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."

fern

Post by fern » Mon May 20, 2013 5:16 pm

I am not confused, Albert.
For anything I do a simple desktop or notebook is lot more useful and easier to use. For reading I prefer paper books and in any case I have a Kindle, equally better to read than a tablet.
To have s clear perspective of what you need and what is the use for you of anything proposed by the market is the opposite to be confused.

Fern

Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver » Mon May 20, 2013 6:30 pm

fern wrote:I am not confused, Albert.
For anything I do a simple desktop or notebook is lot more useful and easier to use. For reading I prefer paper books and in any case I have a Kindle, equally better to read than a tablet.
To have s clear perspective of what you need and what is the use for you of anything proposed by the market is the opposite to be confused.

Fern
If you don't have a tablet, it is not at all obvious you can judge it. Almost everyone I know who does not own one says similar things to you, but they change their mind after experiencing one.

As to paper books, they are a dying breed.

Albert
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."

Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Mon May 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Albert Silver wrote:

Fern
If you don't have a tablet, it is not at all obvious you can judge it. Almost everyone I know who does not own one says similar things to you, but they change their mind after experiencing one.

True story called the doctor & the iPad 4 :D

Nothing compares to a real paper book when it comes to reading....

Albert
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

Modern Times

Post by Modern Times » Mon May 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Albert Silver wrote:If you don't have a tablet, it is not at all obvious you can judge it. Almost everyone I know who does not own one says similar things to you, but they change their mind after experiencing one.

Albert
Well I bought a tablet to satisfy my curiosity, and it largely just gathers dust. It was a waste of money for me.

tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums » Mon May 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:

Fern

Albert
I always was the guy who did not want to give up my paper books but once I started reading books on the kindle app for my android phone I have never gone back!! The reading experience is great!

And Chess Tiger for Ipad is one of my FAVORITE computer chess programs!

Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver » Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:

Fern

Albert
And nothing compares to riding a horse, yet....