Advice Needed

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Advice Needed

Post by fern »

I just bough a tablet Asus Memo Pad and I want to know which chess program you recommend for this class of gadget.

Fern
mwyoung

Re: Advice Needed

Post by mwyoung »

fern wrote:I just bough a tablet Asus Memo Pad and I want to know which chess program you recommend for this class of gadget.

Fern
This is almost the same device as a nexus 7. There are many free chess apps at the apps store for this device. For sure download Droidfish, the ICC chess app, and the apps from chessbase, the database program is not free.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
fern

Post by fern »

Thanks Mark, I will. This little thing cost almost nothing, the equivalent to 200 bucks.
Just a little more than a good dinner in a good restaurant here.

Fern
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

fern wrote:Thanks Mark, I will. This little thing cost almost nothing, the equivalent to 200 bucks.
Just a little more than a good dinner in a good restaurant here.

Fern
You will love it, the nexus 7 which is the same as your device is my favorite tablet. I use it more then my computers or my iPads. For me it is the perfect size device, and I like android devices better the apple. It is what I am using to type this message. Enjoy...
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

fern wrote:I just bough a tablet Asus Memo Pad and I want to know which chess program you recommend for this class of gadget.

Fern
What the....... :!: :?:

You bought a tablet computer Fern.... :!: :?:

I will not allow such a purchase,your thread will be reported to the moderators :evil:
For God sake,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Fern
As stated above the Droidfish app is GREAT and FREE!

I also really enjoy the Shredder app for Android. Costs 7 bucks but also comes with about 1,000 tactics problems as well.

Mobilia chess is pretty nice and also has a bunch of tactics as well as a fun engine to play against.
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Fern

I will not allow such a purchase,your thread will be reported to the moderators :evil:
For God sake,
Dr.D
We are investigating. We wonder who this guy is and what he did to Fern! The account must have been hacked.

Miguel
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

michiguel wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Fern

For God sake,
Dr.D
We are investigating. We wonder who this guy is and what he did to Fern! The account must have been hacked.

Miguel
Indeed....

It looks like that Fern himself has been hacked :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….