Nemeton3D 1.51

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Stan Arts

Nemeton3D 1.51

Post by Stan Arts »

Haven't worked on Nemeton's chess ability much. But I have worked on Nemeton3D a bit. In Leiden I ran a 4 core Nemeton3D.

-Piece set improved. All pieces have been reproportioned. Bishops got a subtle cut in them. Queen's crown got some thickness to it. Rooks reshaped.
-Reduced Elo modes better adjusted to their respective Elo. Besides reduced search speed they scale positional evaluation relative to material making them play wild and at the lower levels seemingly hang material at times which is cool.
-Colours adjusted for both the "blue" and "wood" theme.
-Start up viewing angle centered and more practical. Ofcourse you can fly around freely.
-Root move counter in computer thinking output.
-Found some bugs and fixed them.
-Full screen Windows10 taskbar issue solved.
-If you place a copy of Nemeton3D.exe in your Winboard folder where Winboard.debug is located and start up Winboard with the /debug option, you can watch local engine-engine games on Nemeton's 3D board as a sort of 3D plug-in for Winboard. However useful that is but figured why not. Note that many options are disabled in this mode such as play black and edit position so you need to start up Nemeton3D outside of the Winboard folder to play normally.

Some changes to the regular non-gui WB version but not enough game playing changes to warrant testing over 1.5. But you can safely replace 1.5 with 1.51.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoJ9t41CkccXhnUF9p9G0abFSI6v

Stan

Stan Arts

Re: Nemeton3D 1.51

Post by Stan Arts »

As per request.:

-Sound with moves.
-Pieces slide slower.

Also.:
-Pieces slightly bigger.
-Winboard parse mode now also works from edited positions.

Let's see if I can make the link clickable this time..: Nemeton3D
Stan Arts

Post by Stan Arts »

Self play option.
Press 1-9 to set a camera rotation and speed.

Combining the two makes for a rather epic screensaver for a chess fan.
Stan Arts

Post by Stan Arts »

6 colour schemes.

"2D" Option.
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

Nice!
What about letting the user choose FOV? Narrower FOV might be useful for watching a chess board (not so for games:)
Stan Arts

Post by Stan Arts »

mar wrote:Nice!
What about letting the user choose FOV? Narrower FOV might be useful for watching a chess board (not so for games:)
Thanks!

Indeed that was on the to-do list but I forgot. (I lost the list) Now you can adjust FOV with the + and - buttons. A small deadzone around the 90 degree default to be able to find it again.