Thanks to all for the Recipes, but...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Thanks to all for the Recipes, but...

Post by fern »

Drinking water, exercises, bike riding, no sugar, no wine, etc...
What kind of life is that?
I am afraid I will not follow suit with any of those advice, which are good and I receive with sincere feelings of love for all, but I prefer to die soon than to die one or two years later with that regime.
Besides, who knows, bells still does not call me to rest.

Moriture te salutam regards
Fern
Rodolfo Leoni

Re: Thanks to all for the Recipes, but...

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

fern wrote:Drinking water, exercises, bike riding, no sugar, no wine, etc...
I am afraid I will not follow suit with any of those advice, which are good and I receive with sincere feelings of love for all, but I prefer to die soon than to die one or two years later with that regime.
Besides, who knows, bells still does not call me to rest.

Moriture te salutam regards
Fern
Hi Fern,

I remember your wise posts since almost a decade. Is it time to write something unwise? I smoked for 30+ years, until I had a heart attack at only 50 and I got very, very troubled because of it. Recovery has been very slow and I had to avoid any effort for a long time. But that has been the experience which teached me life is beautiful and I love it.

Cigarettes? Are them worth a minute of your life? Life is much better without them. Throw them away out of the window...
F.S.I. Chess Teacher
Stan Arts

Post by Stan Arts »

Exercise is a safe bet.

If you like it you'll feel healthy and get great sense of pride from your efforts and achievements.
And if you don't like it those two extra years will feel like ten.

A true fountain of youth regards
jhellis3

Post by jhellis3 »

For anyone that is/has been a smoker... take Vitamin C.
A good one? You don't have to completely give up wine and sugar, but you should understand that, in excess, they can be the cause of significant problems and pain.

You also don't really need to "exercise", but just stay active (regular walks in the park for example).

I mean these are not really drastic changes, but ultimately it is your life/health....
fern

Post by fern »

My friend, I do not smoke, just drink moderately good red wine. I want to live something more, but in joyful conditions, not under a regime of Spartan efficacy and scarce pleasure. To evaluate well between quantity and quality is part of that wisdom you attribute to my old posts.
Thanks in any case for your interest.

Fern
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

What is wrong with bike riding? :shock:
fern

Post by fern »

Nothing. It is just wrong for me. I hate every and any physical exertion, that is all.
Rodolfo Leoni

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

fern wrote:My friend, I do not smoke, just drink moderately good red wine. I want to live something more, but in joyful conditions, not under a regime of Spartan efficacy and scarce pleasure. To evaluate well between quantity and quality is part of that wisdom you attribute to my old posts.
Thanks in any case for your interest.

Fern
It was just to say there's a moment one becomes aware every moment of life is far more important than anything. For me, it has been about cigarettes. For you, maybe, about something else.
:)
F.S.I. Chess Teacher
fern

Post by fern »

In my opinion, those moments of life are not abstract things, but precisely those cigarettes, drinks, sex, reading, writing etc that fill the moments. So if you suppress those, you suppress the "moments of life" and nothing rest.
Rodolfo Leoni

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

fern wrote:In my opinion, those moments of life are not abstract things, but precisely those cigarettes, drinks, sex, reading, writing etc that fill the moments. So if you suppress those, you suppress the "moments of life" and nothing rest.
Believe me, the danger was very concrete in those 40 mins of my life. I did something I had forgotten for many years: I prayed.
F.S.I. Chess Teacher