Komodo?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Robert Pope

Re: Komodo?

Post by Robert Pope »

lkaufman wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:24 am MCTS scaling is close to alpha-beta scaling (talking about Komodo dev.) for up to four threads, somewhat worse from 4 to 8, but no benefit at all beyond 8. This number was 15 at last release, but it seems that the huge improvements since then on 1 to 4 threads weren't fully matched at higher counts. I want to raise this number back up to something more reasonable than 8 before release, otherwise I'd say we are ready now. Does anyone know whether Leela scales ok up to high thread counts (compared with say stockfish)? I don't follow the Leela news that closely. I suppose it scales well with no GPU but can't really use many CPUs with a good GPU. Is that about right?
I don't know about scaling with threads, but scaling by time seems to scale worse than Stockfish.
jp

Post by jp »

& of course Leela is not MCTS, so it won't suggest anything about Komodo MCTS.
Milton

Post by Milton »

Just curious...Will the Komodo MCTS version be using EGTBs?
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Milton wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:08 am Just curious...Will the Komodo MCTS version be using EGTBs?
Well, the released version already does, but we need to run some tests to prove that they work as intended.
Komodo rules!