Fritz 17

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

dannyb
Full name: Daniel Bennett

Re: Fritz 17

Post by dannyb »

Nordlandia wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:54 am Looks like Fat Rybka :(
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71906&start=60#p817405
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

The secret has finally been revealed! That shop made a mistake, Fritz 17 will be a new A/B engine unrelated to Rybka or Vasik Rajlich!

And... that was it.

Come on Graham and MikeB, couldn't you have told us this? At least we can count on Albert Silver to do proper reporting :roll:
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Ovyron wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:14 pm The secret has finally been revealed! That shop made a mistake, Fritz 17 will be a new A/B engine unrelated to Rybka or Vasik Rajlich!

And... that was it.

Come on Graham and MikeB, couldn't you have told us this? At least we can count on Albert Silver to do proper reporting :roll:
In their defense, I am the one who told them and since I'm the one who has inside information they felt it would be dodgy to leak anything that I had not already.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

But that's not a defense, they went and shared what you told them, just not the details, so it was the worst of all worlds, and we'd still be in the dark if you didn't state it openly (as you can see, after their statements people believed Rajlich was working in a new engine, so what Graham and MikeB did was making people believe misinformation.)

It was important to state that the shop made a mistake to avoid the confusion, and I still don't get why the shop's mistake was kept secret for so long.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Ovyron wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:14 pm The secret has finally been revealed! That shop made a mistake, Fritz 17 will be a new A/B engine unrelated to Rybka or Vasik Rajlich!

And... that was it.

Wasn't aware of it.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Oh.

Then I apologize to Graham. I have no clue about how he knew we were wrong without knowing that :shock:
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Ovyron wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:31 pm Oh.

Then I apologize to Graham. I have no clue about how he knew we were wrong without knowing that :shock:
I only knew because Albert and I have been good friends since our times moderating the forum.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Yeah, I guess that's how privileged information works. People that aren't friends of Albert are at a disadvantage.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Ovyron wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:02 pm But that's not a defense, they went and shared what you told them, just not the details, so it was the worst of all worlds, and we'd still be in the dark if you didn't state it openly (as you can see, after their statements people believed Rajlich was working in a new engine, so what Graham and MikeB did was making people believe misinformation.)

It was important to state that the shop made a mistake to avoid the confusion, and I still don't get why the shop's mistake was kept secret for so long.
I had no idea why anyone thought Vas was the author until the shop's mistake was pointed out. I think it was just an oversight with someone cloning the Fritz 16 product page and pasting the newer Fritz 17 info over it, but forgot those 'details'.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Ovyron wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:02 pm But that's not a defense, they went and shared what you told them, just not the details, so it was the worst of all worlds, and we'd still be in the dark if you didn't state it openly (as you can see, after their statements people believed Rajlich was working in a new engine, so what Graham and MikeB did was making people believe misinformation.)

Haha - people believe what they want to believe and that is especially true for you. And to be picky about it, I probably never would have said anything except I saw an opportunity to support my friend Graham. Anyway , I guess we al know that we will have ******* as the next Fritz engine. Except I haven’t seen that announced ...yet. I will check with Albert to see if I can be the messenger of this good news.