Fritz 17

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kasinp
Full name: Peter Kasinski

Re: Fritz 17

Post by kasinp »

Guenther wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:37 pm What is the supported max cpu number (according to the uci options) for Fritz 17?
Asking for info, because I added now a Ginkgo entry to the XB/UCI chronology.

(note that some programs detect the max mumber themselves and then write the number of your cores)
Yes, this appears to be the case, tried on a couple of setups and it sets the limit to the max cores/threads.
Highest I tried was 28, and no issues running with that setting.
Peter
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Dann Corbit wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:41 am I buy chess engines often just to support the authors.
A pretty harmless hobby.
:wink:
Edit: my buying chess hardware is criminally insane.
Shrug
+1 haha
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

Werewolf mentioned some odd behaviour with Fat Fritz, possibly a bug in the NN or it just needs an Update.
Not buying it till all the bugs are ironed out.
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Long wait then. Complex software is basically never buy free
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
jp

Post by jp »

Dann Corbit wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:50 am Long wait then. Complex software is basically never buy free
Well, Leela is free. Oh, you mean "bug free". Okay. I first thought you meant "free" as in not costing money.