New Regium Automated Chess Board

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mephisto

New Regium Automated Chess Board

Post by mephisto »

Amazing robotic eBoard :shock:

https://regiumchess.com/
What's my next move? - to the fridge for another beer !!
dannyb
Full name: Daniel Bennett

Re: New Regium Automated Chess Board

Post by dannyb »

cool! i hope it won't bee too expensive
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

Video update

Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

mephisto wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:54 am Video update

I intent to support Regium campaign. Now that the board is more reliable now than before the last video.
mvanthoor
Full name: Marcel Vanthoor

Post by mvanthoor »

This looks awesome. Their classic board looks exactly like my (13 year old) DGT Walnut board with Timeless pieces. They're basically indistinguishable. If this is not too expensive, I might just buy one.

Pity it's a huge 55x55 tournament sized board again though. Even the cheaper plastic DGT's are that big. I'd love a board like this, or a DGT one, in the much more manageable 40x40 size. That's the size of my study board, and the size of my 1990's era chess computer. Big enough for home playing against the computer :)
Author of Rustic, an engine written in Rust.
Releases | Code | Docs | Progress | CCRL
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

Have you ever thought about a Certabo electronic board as they manufacturer 36 x 36 cm boards.

https://www.certabo.com/products/chessboards/
Deberger
Full name: ɹǝƃɹǝqǝᗡ ǝɔnɹꓭ

Post by Deberger »

mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Deberger wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:00 am Caveat Emptor

Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence
I have been watching this on the other chess forums. Saying that Regium is a fake, and the demo was all CGI.
I find this ridiculous as this technology is simple, but just never used for a chessboard.

I will be buying Regium. If Regium has the software nailed down. Where I can use it with Chessbase and other apps.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
bctboi23
Full name: Tom R

Post by bctboi23 »

mwyoung wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:35 am

I have been watching this on the other chess forums. Saying that Regium is a fake, and the demo was all CGI.
I find this ridiculous as this technology is simple, but just never used for a chessboard.

I will be buying Regium. If Regium has the software nailed down. Where I can use it with Chessbase and other apps.
Of course, you do have a point about technology already being available, but I (along with all chess.com users) have just received an email from chess.com about Regium and “unverifiable claims”, so I would just take caution and make sure they are truly legit. It kind of scares me, honestly, that chess.com allowed the sponsorship without verifying the claims of Regium, but I digress.

On another note, if they (or another competitor like square off) are legit, and are able to let you import your own UCI engines, I will probably buy one, as I would love to play (and lose) against my own engine OTB

Cheers!
:D
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

bctboi23 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:19 am
mwyoung wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:35 am

Of course, you do have a point about technology already being available, but I (along with all chess.com users) have just received an email from chess.com about Regium and “unverifiable claims”, so I would just take caution and make sure they are truly legit. It kind of scares me, honestly, that chess.com allowed the sponsorship without verifying the claims of Regium, but I digress.

On another note, if they (or another competitor like square off) are legit, and are able to let you import your own UCI engines, I will probably buy one, as I would love to play (and lose) against my own engine OTB

Cheers!
:D
What is there to be scared of with Regium. Unless you are giving them money before you see the product. I am not an investor! If it is a scam only the investors will be hurt. A fool and their money are soon parted.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.