Picochess and the Webserver

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AdminX

Picochess and the Webserver

Post by AdminX »

Is there a way to place Picochess in Observe Mode (E5) and have the Webserver (Raspberry.local) display the Engines Thinking of the position on the DGT board?
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Jürgen Précour

Re: Picochess and the Webserver

Post by LocutusOfPenguin »

The webserver clock is a mirror to the dgt clock (by design).

But y can turn on the engine calc on webserver and see the results of the current position using the webserver's installed Stockfish.
I think, thats mainly what y asked for, no?

Yours,
Jürgen
Create a dedicated chess computer based on tiny ARM computers with the DGT e-board on picochess.com
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Here is what I've done. I put Picochess in Observe mode, made moves on the DGT board and when looking at the Web server, I try to see the Pi's engine output in the engine area of the Web server. It show nothing. Now on the other hand, if I make the moves in the Webserver and reach the same position, I can then click on engine and analyze and then will see the output of the engine.

Hi Ted,

as i told y, y must differ between the native (arm) engines and the webserver integrated (js) SF.
When y click on "engine/analyse/+/-"@webserver y gonna see the PV, score etc, from this SF.

That has nothing to do with the native engines running on yr rasp (in yr case WASP). To see their info, y need to click on the clock buttons (but the output is limited compared to webserver output mainly cause of the dgt display).

This will work on all modes (so incl. observe mode).

Jürgen
Create a dedicated chess computer based on tiny ARM computers with the DGT e-board on picochess.com
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

LocutusOfPenguin wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:56 pm Hi Ted,

as i told y, y must differ between the native (arm) engines and the webserver integrated (js) SF.
When y click on "engine/analyse/+/-"@webserver y gonna see the PV, score etc, from this SF.

That has nothing to do with the native engines running on yr rasp (in yr case WASP). To see their info, y need to click on the clock buttons (but the output is limited compared to webserver output mainly cause of the dgt display).

This will work on all modes (so incl. observe mode).

Jürgen
Yes, but as you can see from the screenshot, I don't see anything in the output.

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

UPDATE: I now think that I see what you are getting at, but it would be nice to see the output of Stockfish in the engine area.

Hi Ted,

as y might know (grin), i have a picochess club. So, in general im only provide help there...

Anyway, what i did is:
start picochess & webserver
go to "observe mode"
press inside the engine window "analyse" and the result is what y see on the pict.

My pict is a bit different to the public picochess, but this doesnt explain yr problems.
Yours, Jürgen
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

LocutusOfPenguin wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:57 pm Hi Ted,

as y might know (grin), i have a picochess club. So, in general im only provide help there...

Anyway, what i did is:
start picochess & webserver
go to "observe mode"
press inside the engine window "analyse" and the result is what y see on the pict.

My pict is a bit different to the public picochess, but this doesnt explain yr problems.
Yours, Jürgen
Okay thanks, I will check my Picochess setup, because that is not working over here but at least I now know that it should.