Clericus/Hopeless ported to Lazarus

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Clericus/Hopeless ported to Lazarus

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

adnoh wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:05 am To get a sense of its strength, I had Hopeless 0.49.0.4 play 10 games each against AdaChess 3.6 and MadChess 2.2 at 2'+6"" and it had 4 wins and 4 ties against AdaChess but it lost all of the other games on time forfeit. Too bad too as it can hold its own against MadChess in a few games until it forfeits.

For clarity, the WinBoard engine is called Hopeless, Lazarus is the development environment it was ported to from Delphi by Roland.

https://www.lazarus-ide.org/index.php
Thanks ....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Roland Chastain
Full name: Roland Chastain

Re: Clericus/Hopeless ported to Lazarus

Post by Roland Chastain »

adnoh wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:32 pm Here is the Windows 0.49.0.4 build with the latest changes and it has the Hopeless (xboard) and Clericus (gui) executable inside. I'll work on the Mac build soon.

I tested it in Arena with time control of 5"+1" and it works now.
Perfect. Thank you. Not yet had time to create the new release on GitLab but will make it ASAP.
adnoh wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:05 am To get a sense of its strength, I had Hopeless 0.49.0.4 play 10 games each against AdaChess 3.6 and MadChess 2.2 at 2'+6"" and it had 4 wins and 4 ties against AdaChess but it lost all of the other games on time forfeit. Too bad too as it can hold its own against MadChess in a few games until it forfeits.
Interesting. I will try to see if I can do something for that.
adnoh wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:32 pm Just a small note. Seems you may have unintentionally renamed the build mode of xboard_release to gui_release because it was missing so I just created it to do the build.
OK, I will check that.

See you soon.

Roland
Qui trop embrasse mal étreint.