Nnue engines for iOS?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

h1a8

Nnue engines for iOS?

Post by h1a8 »

I now have the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Wanted to know what’s the nnue engines available (some of the strongest). I hate that iOS don’t get the support that android does after Stockfish app was stopped being updated. Also is there anyway to port the latest Stockfish nnue in the Stockfish app? Or cfish nnue?
adnoh
Full name: Charles Wong

Re: Nnue engines for iOS?

Post by adnoh »

h1a8

Post by h1a8 »

Thank you so much
phhnguyen
Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham

Post by phhnguyen »

https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
royb

Post by royb »

ChessStudio is another IOS app that offers Stockfish NNUE as an engine and offers a relatively robust database capability as part of the package:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/chess-studio/id684224545

There is a lite version and a paid version ($2.99). I have no connection to this app - I am just a happy customer.
h1a8

Post by h1a8 »

royb wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:26 pm ChessStudio is another IOS app that offers Stockfish NNUE as an engine and offers a relatively robust database capability as part of the package:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/chess-studio/id684224545

There is a lite version and a paid version ($2.99). I have no connection to this app - I am just a happy customer.
Thank you. How do you change the number of threads engine uses to analyze (and hash table size)? I’m getting low Kn/s which means that 1 or 2 threads are only being used.
royb

Post by royb »

I believe by default, NNUE is used, and that drops the kn/sec dramatically (but still improves the playing strength all the same as that's what NNUE does). If you want, you can turn off NNUE and the kn/sec on my iPad jumps from about 600 Kn/s to 7000 Kn/sec at the opening position. That tells me that it is using all available cores. I do not see an explicit way to set how many cores the engine should use in Chess Studio.

Perhaps someone smarter than I am can correct me if I'm mistaken here...
AlexChess
Full name: Alex Morales

Post by AlexChess »

h1a8 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:12 am I now have the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Wanted to know what’s the nnue engines available (some of the strongest). I hate that iOS don’t get the support that android does after Stockfish app was stopped being updated. Also is there anyway to port the latest Stockfish nnue in the Stockfish app? Or cfish nnue?
Hi!
Since new Apple Silicon M1 is compatible with iOS Apple A13, could you please release a chess UI NATIVE for both iOS & Mac M1?
There isn't a good application like Arena Chess 3.x for Windows & Linux for macOS 11 BigSur M1 (with multiple engines tournament feature. Hiarcs Chess Explorer lets only engine vs engine matches) .
Also would be interesting to have native porting to Silicon M1 of LC0, AlphaSubZero and other strong engines.
I'm available for beta testing on Mac mini M1.

Best regards and congratulations for your great contribute to chess!

AlexChess
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
AlexChess
Full name: Alex Morales

Post by AlexChess »

Hi,
sorry hia8 for my mistake, I was referring to the BanksiaGui programmer, that I've discovered now perfectly working on Mac for tournaments. :D

But we share the same request: having all top engines compiled for Apple devices (iPhone 12 and Mac M1, that is compatible with iOS 14)

Regards, AlexChess
https://www.chess.com/forum/view/game-a ... e-fritz-17
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
kinderchocolate
Full name: Ted Wong

Post by kinderchocolate »

I've made Stockfish NNUE running as an iPad app on Apple M1. I'm using M1 myself, the performance look good.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/smallfish ... d675049147 download
AlexChess wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:44 am
h1a8 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:12 am I now have the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Wanted to know what’s the nnue engines available (some of the strongest). I hate that iOS don’t get the support that android does after Stockfish app was stopped being updated. Also is there anyway to port the latest Stockfish nnue in the Stockfish app? Or cfish nnue?
Hi!
Since new Apple Silicon M1 is compatible with iOS Apple A13, could you please release a chess UI NATIVE for both iOS & Mac M1?
There isn't a good application like Arena Chess 3.x for Windows & Linux for macOS 11 BigSur M1 (with multiple engines tournament feature. Hiarcs Chess Explorer lets only engine vs engine matches) .
Also would be interesting to have native porting to Silicon M1 of LC0, AlphaSubZero and other strong engines.
I'm available for beta testing on Mac mini M1.

Best regards and congratulations for your great contribute to chess!

AlexChess