Vice CCRL rating

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lithander
Full name: Thomas Jahn

Re: Vice CCRL rating

Post by lithander »

Gabor Szots wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:12 pm With MinimalChess 0.2 (and other engines of similar strength) I had the problem of not having enough suitable opponents. I have only a couple of engines below 1000, so I had the choice of a rating distortion or refusing to test it.
By not refusing to test it you now have one more suitable opponent for other very weak engines! ;) And of course at the moment you made me very happy by officially recognizing the existence of my fledgling engine.

Didn't mean to complain about the rating distortion at all, it's just nice to have an explanation for it now.
Minimal Chess (simple, open source, C#) - Youtube & Github
Leorik (competitive, in active development, C#) - Github & Lichess
lithander

Post by lithander »

I just saw the announcement of a new version of zahak and that's when I realized that the version I built and tested yesterday was from the head of the repository.

So my self-built version, while not giving any version information when run, is very likely version 2.0 and not 1.0. :oops: :oops:

...and that's why I rather use precompiled executables :P
amanjpro
Full name: Amanj Sherwany

Post by amanjpro »

lithander wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:16 pm I just saw the announcement of a new version of zahak and that's when I realized that the version I built and tested yesterday was from the head of the repository.

So my self-built version, while not giving any version information when run, is very likely version 2.0 and not 1.0. :oops: :oops:

...and that's why I rather use precompiled executables :P
The self built ones give commit hashes. You can compare what you get in uci intro with what you get in git log
lithander

Post by lithander »

amanjpro wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:25 pm The self built ones give commit hashes. You can compare what you get in uci intro with what you get in git log
I posted the output of "my" build earlier in the thread when I benchmarked the version. It said:
id name Zahak 85d27f1fc71bf52b0124b74f660d82c7ace3509d

...so it is as i feared. :/
Richard Allbert

Post by Richard Allbert »

lithander wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:41 pm The download links I found are broken. Anyone can point me to a Windows binary of Vice?
Try www.bluefeversoft.com

Should be there !
adrizey1
Full name: Adrian Zimmer

Post by adrizey1 »

So what's the consensus on VICE's rating ?

Will there ever be an Android binary for either armv7 or armv8 ? Or something I can run emulated on my phone ?