Odonata author contact

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Odonata author contact

Post by Gabor Szots »

I'd like to write to the author but I could not find an address. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
KLc
Full name: Kurt Lanc

Re: Odonata author contact

Post by KLc »

Are you talking about https://github.com/akanalytics/odonata? If you clone the repository you'll find an email address in the git log. I'm not going to post this here though.
Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

KLc wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:57 am Are you talking about https://github.com/akanalytics/odonata? If you clone the repository you'll find an email address in the git log. I'm not going to post this here though.
Thanks Kurt. I did as you told me but could not find an address in the git logs. Looked at other places as well, no success. I may be blind.

At least the source has compiled OK (with 2 warnings).
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
flok
Full name: Folkert van Heusden

Post by flok »

Gabor Szots wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:58 am I'd like to write to the author but I could not find an address. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.
Hi,

The git-log shows me:

Author: akanalytics <****@***********.***>
Author: andy <****@***********.***>
Author: Andy Watkins <****@***********.***>

So any of those ;-)
Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

flok wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:36 am
Gabor Szots wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:58 am I'd like to write to the author but I could not find an address. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.
Hi,

The git-log shows me:

Author: akanalytics <andy@webcalculator.com>
Author: andy <andy@webcalculator.com>
Author: Andy Watkins <andy@webcalculator.com>

So any of those ;-)
Thanks Folkert. I looked in ...\Odonata2\.git\logs\, apparently that is not the place to look.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
flok

Post by flok »

Gabor Szots wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:43 am
flok wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:36 am
Hi,

The git-log shows me:

So any of those ;-)
Thanks Folkert. I looked in ...\Odonata2\.git\logs\, apparently that is not the place to look.
Right. I don't know about that. I used:

git log | grep Author | sort -u
KLc

Post by KLc »

flok wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:36 am Hi,

The git-log shows me:

[...]

So any of those ;-)
I do not think it's great posting this in clear text (even though it's also in the git log of course). If the author wanted to have his address obviously visible for everyone he would have put it in the Readme file.
flok

Post by flok »

KLc wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:09 pm

The git-log shows me:

[...]

So any of those ;-)
I do not think it's great posting this in clear text (even though it's also in the git log of course). If the author wanted to have his address obviously visible for everyone he would have put it in the Readme file.
Well, as that information is publicly available for everyone on who can access github, I don't see a problem here.
KLc

Post by KLc »

flok wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:14 pm
KLc wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:09 pm

The git-log shows me:

[...]

So any of those ;-)
Well, as that information is publicly available for everyone on who can access github, I don't see a problem here.
Sure, but it's just a respect thing. Some people aren't aware that their email addresses are visible in Github if they don't explicitly disable it. (And I think it's less cost effective for spammers to collect email addresses from Github repos than from public forums).
flok

Post by flok »

KLc wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:31 pm
flok wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:14 pm Well, as that information is publicly available for everyone on who can access github, I don't see a problem here.
Sure, but it's just a respect thing. Some people aren't aware that their email addresses are visible in Github if they don't explicitly disable it. (And I think it's less cost effective for spammers to collect email addresses from Github repos than from public forums).
You're speculating.

Also: it is not very difficult to find his e-mail address on the internet.
I just did so. Took around 13 minutes (found it at rocketreach.co eventually).