Moderator Elections

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Henk

Re: Moderator Elections

Post by Henk »

Is it possible to nominate an AI bot as a member of a moderation team.
Or how do you know if some persons here are no AI bots or humans using AI bots.
Luecx
Full name: Finn Eggers

Post by Luecx »

I nominate Andrew Grant.

As one of the oldest members in this community, I do consider him to be the perfect moderator.

Hope this isn’t too late.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. https://github.com/Luecx/Koivisto

AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

Luecx wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:10 am I nominate Andrew Grant.

As one of the oldest members in this community, I do consider him to be the perfect moderator.

Hope this isn’t too late.
I accept the nomination, if its not too late to submit.
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
OfekShochat
Full name: ghostway

Post by OfekShochat »

Andrew grant
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

TalkChess has been unreachable for a few days by many (including me), and I am not even sure the problem is solved for everyone. It is of course important that during the elections everyone should have an opportunity to vote. Anyway, because of this it seems unreasonable to strictly enforce the deadline announced earlier. The deadline was set for practical reasons, not with the intention to exclude anyone; the more the merrier. So Andrew Grant can run as well.

That means we can go to the next stage. Not every candidate runs as part of a team, so we must allow voting for individual candidates. This opens the possibility that those aspiring to serve in a given team are elected, while their running mates are not. All candidates must declare in their policy statement whether they would be prepared to serve as a minority in a team with a policy they consider incompatible with their own, where they run the risk of being constantly outvoted.

Anyway, from now on this discussion can only contain policy statements of the candidates listed in the first posting of this discussion. Other postings should be made (or will be moved to) the electtion comments discussion.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Moderation: There is a thread for discussion of the election. Henk please post in that.
Raphexon
Full name: Henk Drost

Post by Raphexon »

I'd like to nominate Andrew Grant too.

Nominating somebody once is all that is needed you can vote later.
smatovic
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Post by smatovic »

AndrewGrant wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:13 pm ...
Do you see a charter violation in posting links to stolen code from an closed source engine?

--
Srdja
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

smatovic wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:18 am
AndrewGrant wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:13 pm ...
Do you see a charter violation in posting links to stolen code from an closed source engine?
Yes I do. Which raises an interesting subject: Do engines which contain verbatim copies of Houdini code ( Not the parts of Houdini that came from Stockfish ), violate the charter, and should posts to them be removed? I believe the answer is yes. So if that was a topic of debate, there are 1/3 votes towards it. In addition there are easier questions: "Should links to even Houdini be allowed", and "Show links to Houdini be allowed given that it contains RE'ed Komodo code" (As alleged by Mark Lefler)
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

I am not sure if can hold fair elections right now, many members currently can't reach the forum. Also it's not known yet who is allowed to vote and who is not. Last, how is the voting done (there is no poll option) and who is going to count the votes.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.