Moderator Elections (Comments)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Henk

Moderator Elections (Comments)

Post by Henk »

No elections needed we can all migrate to https://prodeo.actieforum.com/
And no need to post about chess all the time. Like in the good old days before they stole Chess Thinkers Forum from us.
karger
Full name: John Karger

Re: Moderator Elections (Comments)

Post by karger »

The forum you linked to has a post in it's humor section about Hitler being humorous. I am of German Jewish descent & found that disgusting & will never post on your forum , much less vote for a moderator. Shame on your entire forum. John Karger.
dannyb
Full name: Daniel Bennett

Post by dannyb »

karger wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:56 am The forum you linked to has a post in it's humor section about Hitler being humorous. I am of German Jewish descent & found that disgusting & will never post on your forum , much less vote for a moderator. Shame on your entire forum. John Karger.
Ed Schroder owns and moderates that forum.
The same Ed Schroder you nominated as moderator.
The same Ed Schroder who allows hate posts against USA in that forum (see posts by mclane).
The same Ed Schroder who will most likely reopen the Chess Thinker Forum.
The same Ed Schroder who offered money to the Talkchess owner to keep CTF open going against majority vote.
karger
Full name: John Karger

Post by karger »

Get over it , Junior ... 😢
Henk

Post by Henk »

One can only trust his dog. ( By the way I don't have a dog)
Majority vote ? Nazis also had majority in 1932.
lithander
Full name: Thomas Jahn

Post by lithander »

dannyb wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:15 am The same Ed Schroder who will most likely reopen the Chess Thinker Forum.
I have heard the CTF mentioned a few times already. Could anyone fill me in on the controversy around it?

Personally my vote (do I have a vote?) will go to anyone who will keep this place about chess and chess programming only.
Minimal Chess (simple, open source, C#) - Youtube & Github
Leorik (competitive, in active development, C#) - Github & Lichess
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

dannyb wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:15 am
karger wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:56 am The forum you linked to has a post in it's humor section about Hitler being humorous. I am of German Jewish descent & found that disgusting & will never post on your forum , much less vote for a moderator. Shame on your entire forum. John Karger.
Ed Schroder owns and moderates that forum.
The same Ed Schroder you nominated as moderator.
The same Ed Schroder who allows hate posts against USA in that forum (see posts by mclane).
The same Ed Schroder who will most likely reopen the Chess Thinker Forum.
The same Ed Schroder who offered money to the Talkchess owner to keep CTF open going against majority vote.
Ah, it's election time!
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

lithander wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:22 am
dannyb wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:15 am The same Ed Schroder who will most likely reopen the Chess Thinker Forum.
I have heard the CTF mentioned a few times already. Could anyone fill me in on the controversy around it?

Personally my vote (do I have a vote?) will go to anyone who will keep this place about chess and chess programming only.
It's a lie, the red.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.
mvanthoor
Full name: Marcel Vanthoor

Post by mvanthoor »

lithander wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:22 am I have heard the CTF mentioned a few times already. Could anyone fill me in on the controversy around it?
Personally, I never go outside the General or Programming forums. I don't involve myself in the Engine Origins forums or topics. (If I don't like an engine or the author for whatever reason, I just don't pay any attention to it.) As far as I've heard from the CTF, it was basically a free-for-all mosh-pit... but that was my impression. I could be wrong.
Author of Rustic, an engine written in Rust.
Releases | Code | Docs | Progress | CCRL
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Rebel wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:25 am
lithander wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:22 am

It's a lie, the red.
That is a bit of an unwarranted accusation, please keep it civilized. A speculation can never be a lie, even if it is wrong, and the word 'likely' clearly indicates that this is just speculation. And not a far-fetched one, as at the time you were quite vocal in trying to keep CTF open. So it is understandable that people eye your candidacy with suspicion.

Just don't forget to address this clearly in your policy statement.