Amazon Android App Store on Windows 11

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

Amazon Android App Store on Windows 11

Post by adams161 »

It looks like Windows 11 is due out this fall, maybe as early as October. And it's going to include the Amazon App store within the Windows 11 store to allow users to run Android Apps side by side with Windows apps. https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-unv ... the-money/

Now from my experience Amazon App store does not require as high an API level as the Google Play Store which means API Level 28 which allows full engine functionality and loading engines of the users choice not just pre-loaded engines with App, should work. So if i'm reading this right, Apps like DroidFish should be able to allow full functionality with an Amazon App store build and deliver it to Window's users on Windows 11.
adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

Re: Amazon Android App Store on Windows 11

Post by adams161 »

Looks like amazon fire tablets go up to Fire 7 OS which is API level 28 right now. I"ve submitted tonight my pulsar chess engine to Amazon App Store and it accepted the 2020 build at API level 28. This means android apps in the windows store can open any engine binary that the user wants as we have been used to on Android not just ones bundled with APK.

It's not all simple to get in Amazon App Store and my latest submission was rejected two days ago:
Your recent submission, Diamond Chess Online version 1.37, failed during our review process due to a content policy violation. Please login to developer portal for a detailed report. A quick summary is published below:
We are unable to test your app as it does not function as intended. The app exits/ force closes/ freezes/ displays an error message after being launched. Please fix the issue and re-submit the app.
Maybe it didn't connect on first try for some reason. Something to look at. Well i'm hoping Pulsar Chess engine does better http://www.lanternchess.com/pulsar/