Does anyone have a list of chess engines with Personality options?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Kirk

Re: Does anyone have a list of chess engines with Personality options?

Post by Kirk »

hafni wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:34 pm Greko 2015 ML has 8 parameters that can configure various personalities as attacks, defense, positional etc...

For more detail see French site:
https://echecs-et-informatique.francese ... /index.php

Best regards
Thanks. I will check that out. What is the "ML" in the name mean?
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

karger wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:22 am I have a chess engine that I play against that has 32 personalities. It is an engine that is now freeware that use to be commercial. All the personalities are from versions of this engine over the years. They were never all available in one version. I put them all in one version and created my own drop down menu to select the one I want to play against. You could do this , The engine is Rebel Century UCI available at rebel 13 NL ...
yes, Rebel has a great tuner
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
WinPooh
Full name: Vladimir Medvedev

Post by WinPooh »

Kirk wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:14 pm
hafni wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:34 pm Greko 2015 ML has 8 parameters that can configure various personalities as attacks, defense, positional etc...

For more detail see French site:
https://echecs-et-informatique.francese ... /index.php

Best regards
Thanks. I will check that out. What is the "ML" in the name mean?
This was the first version where I used automated tuning of eval instead of adjusting weights manually.
Thus, ML = machine learning.
scchess
Full name: Ted Wong

Post by scchess »

Do we have evaluation metrics in assessing personality chess? Unlike raising ELO, this can't be done by just looking at WDL.